1484 11 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cessna Driver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534298 ft
United States

Hello -

I've been flying a P3 Standard for 3-4 months now and have a nagging problem leveling the camera.

I found in the settings where I can calibrate the gimbal.  When I do that the picture seems to be fine.

Shortly after take off it goes right back to the way it was and the horizon isn't level anymore.

Is there some other setting or calibration I can use to correct?

I am attaching a sample picture from last weeiend's flight.

Thanks a bunch!

Randy

Help me level the horizon please

Help me level the horizon please

2018-5-14
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

2018-5-14
Use props
Cessna Driver
lvl.4
United States

Thank you, I will give that a try tonight when I get home
2018-5-14
Use props
Cessna Driver
lvl.4
United States

Cessna Driver Posted at 2018-5-14 11:45
Thank you, I will give that a try tonight when I get home

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried these steps and it didn't work.

After landing and examining the gimbal closer, I discovered that one of the clear pins that holds the base to the drone was missing.  This must be my problem.  I am going to go online now and look for a replacement pin.

Thanks again!
2018-5-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You only need two. Also, I don't think that is the source of your problem.
2018-5-24
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Cessna Driver Posted at 2018-5-24 05:13
Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried these steps and it didn't work.

After landing and examining the gimbal closer, I discovered that one of the clear pins that holds the base to the drone was missing.  This must be my problem.  I am going to go online now and look for a replacement pin.

Did you buy the drone new? Some replacement pins came with it upon new purchase.
2018-5-24
Use props
Cessna Driver
lvl.4
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-24 09:31
Did you buy the drone new? Some replacement pins came with it upon new purchase.

No, I bought it from a buddy.  I didn't think to check the box.   lol

I already ordered some on Amazon, arriving tomorrow, but I will check the box tonight.  Thanks
2018-5-24
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Cessna Driver Posted at 2018-5-24 09:35
No, I bought it from a buddy.  I didn't think to check the box.   lol

I already ordered some on Amazon, arriving tomorrow, but I will check the box tonight.  Thanks

Yeah - check it.
The drone came with a little bag with two extra pins and 4 of these white dampers.
2018-5-24
Use props
Cessna Driver
lvl.4
United States

I made sure all four pins were in with the rubber dampers.  I then performed the procedure above in the Youtube video and it's STILL taking pictures that aren't level.

This is driving me crazy.   lol

Maybe I should just sell it and get a Mavic.   
2018-5-30
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

"I made sure all four pins were in with the rubber dampers"
I thought it was supposed to have only two mounted diagonal opposite each other but what do i know, my 4P has none ...
More i don't know but if the P3 App has a toggle for FPV/Follow gimbal mode, make sure you has it on Follow or the camera will tilt with the AC to give the FPV feel.
2018-5-31
Use props
Cessna Driver
lvl.4
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-31 00:01
"I made sure all four pins were in with the rubber dampers"
I thought it was supposed to have only two mounted diagonal opposite each other but what do i know, my 4P has none ...
More i don't know but if the P3 App has a toggle for FPV/Follow gimbal mode, make sure you has it on Follow or the camera will tilt with the AC to give the FPV feel.

Well now that you say that, all it had was two pins diagonal opposite from each other.... so maybe it was ok that way all along.

I am pretty sure the gimbal mode is on follow but I will check tonight.   Thank you for the suggestion.
2018-5-31
Use props
Cessna Driver
lvl.4
United States

Cessna Driver Posted at 2018-5-31 10:02
Well now that you say that, all it had was two pins diagonal opposite from each other.... so maybe it was ok that way all along.

I am pretty sure the gimbal mode is on follow but I will check tonight.   Thank you for the suggestion.

Thanks for everyone's help.  I still can't fix it so today I ordered a Mavic Pro on Ebay.  With  the $100 father's day coupon today, I couldn't resist.  

BTW, you still have 30 minutes to use the code:   PICKDADSGIFT

I am going to clean the Phantom 3 Standard up this weekend and throw it on Craigslist.

Thanks!
2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules