P4P mounts on a P4 so we can use low noise props
1179 6 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SomeoneElsesDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft

Does anyone with a P4 and P4P see any reason the P4P prop mounts couldn't be mounted to a P4? There would never have been a reason to do this before but now we could take advantage of new low noise props on v2, it's a valid question.
Are the screws for the mounts in different positions?

Punchbuggy - you around? I know you own both birds.
2018-5-14
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, you can install the P4P prop mounts on a P4. I did that with my P4.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, the propeller mounting plate of P4 series are compatible. You can find it from here: https://store.dji.com/product/ph ... g-plate?from=search
2018-5-14
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

The propellers are compatible anyway, no need to change the prop mounts.
2018-5-14
Use props
SomeoneElsesDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-5-14 22:46
The propellers are compatible anyway, no need to change the prop mounts.

Really? I thought that the mounting system had changed.

The new props say ‘compatible with Phantom 4 series’ in one place but compatible with P4P and P4A in another (no mention of P4. Wonder if differences in weight, escs and motor design will make using them in a P4 a bad idea.
2018-5-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

SomeoneElsesDrone Posted at 2018-5-15 13:59
Really? I thought that the mounting system had changed.

The new props say ‘compatible with Phantom 4 series’ in one place but compatible with P4P and P4A in another (no mention of P4. Wonder if differences in weight, escs and motor design will make using them in a P4 a bad idea.

The only difference was a slight re-design of the mounts, the original P4 where their sprung baseplate was updated replaced by the central coiled spring in the P4P & P4A.
2018-5-15
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDrone Posted at 2018-5-15 13:59
Wonder if differences in weight, escs and motor design will make using them in a P4 a bad idea.

I think the motors are the same, and there is very little difference in weight, just a few grams lost from the V2 which makes it slightly lighter than the P4 standard instead of slightly heavier.

The ESCs have improved, but the performance is probably the same, likely to be slightly more efficient and will cause less motor whine.  However I don't tend to hear the motors when it is in the air outdoors anyway.

Which just leaves the props, and they are different with an increased pitch angle, new blade tips and they appear to have a bit more surface area.  They appear to be designed for increased lift and thus lower speed.  The aircraft is going to have to adjust to the difference in lift by slowing them down,  but the P4 standard should be capable of doing so.  Might need to be careful if you are flying flat out in sports mode, especially if you are near the ground, or maybe fitting standard props for that type of flying.  For photography I doubt there are going to be any issues.
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules