My Spark always begins in ATTI mode for a long time
1587 7 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phil_the_Pilot
lvl.1
Australia

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Sparks staying constantly in ATTI mode. My previous Spark had no issues with ATTI whatsoever but since I bought this new Spark a few months ago, it always begins in ATTI mode for a good 5 - 10 minutes when I turn it on, then changes to "Ready to Go (No GPS)" for another minute before finally going into "Ready to Go (GPS)" and recording my Home Point. It happens every single time without failure, no matter where I am or what my surroundings are. It becomes very frustrating when I want to quickly fly my Spark for a few scenic shots, as I know the process will take a good 5-10 minutes everytime I want to take off, and this almost turns me off flying completely.

Once it gives me the green signal to go, it won't revert back to No GPS or Atti Mode, it is only when I first turn it on.

I have also noticed though that my Home Point doesn't continue to update, and if I walk while flying my Spark 200 metres down the road (as an example), it still has my home point at where it first took off.

Does anyone have any suggestions at how I can fix this?
2018-5-14
Use props
ET_Drone_Home
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65082 ft
United States

As far as the atti mode question - My spark will sometimes do this but as soon as I launch it switches to GPS mode instantly, but doesnt happen much and I'm not recommending launching in atti mode, just sharing my experiences.

As far as your home point mode - It's a setting within the GO app under RTH settings. You can toggle between your remote location or your take off location.

Hope this helps. I would lift the spark a few feet from the ground on a picnic table or something non metallic and see if it starts "ready to go" faster.
2018-5-14
Use props
ET_Drone_Home
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65082 ft
United States

Is the firmware up to date?
2018-5-14
Use props
InTheReeds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347103 ft

Strange for sure. Are there any devices around or on you using bluetooth? Do you check the compass status before taking off?  Also, are you using the remote (with or without OTG) or just phone connection?
2018-5-14
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Try a calibration of gps and imu..if it is a bit off, or it was calibrated last time in a bad location, it can do as you describe..
And home point, just toggle in setting to be adaptive homepoint( or something similar cant remember the word)
2018-5-14
Use props
Phil_the_Pilot
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for the responses so far - I have the same problem whether I use the OTG cable or not (I always use the remote). Firmware is all up to date. I shall try and recalibrate in an open field although I have recalibrated a few times before with no added success.

Thanks for the RTH tip too - I shall check to see if I have it on the right settings in the GO app.

Am I better off sending it to DJI to look at and does anyone have experience in what the turnaround time and procedure would be? I am going on holidays to the US on June 29 and am not sure if I can get it to and from DJI (I live in Sydney) well within time so that it will be back before I fly off. Do you think having it looked at by DJI is my best course of action?
2018-5-14
Use props
Parik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643773 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I find this good, that it locks to ready to go mode. Only thing which is bit more is the time to lock it. But this is actually a good remedy.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Phil_the_Pilot Posted at 2018-5-14 21:45
Thanks for the responses so far - I have the same problem whether I use the OTG cable or not (I always use the remote). Firmware is all up to date. I shall try and recalibrate in an open field although I have recalibrated a few times before with no added success.

Thanks for the RTH tip too - I shall check to see if I have it on the right settings in the GO app.

It seems abnormal. If you confirm that the problem is not caused by environment, please send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support. Did you enter the wifi setting and check if most channels are green before flight? I would recommend you update the firmware of spark and test again. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules