DJ Customer Service from hell
731 5 2018-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8ac13d52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 906 ft

Hi Guys

I am new here but wanted to share my story with DJI and saga of my mavic pro drone that I got to fly less than 10 times before firmware update ruined it.

When I got my DJI drone last year I couldn't update firmware and contact DJI support, they closed my ticket without ever getting it fixed. I problalby should have been more agressive pursuing resolution back then but I figured that since I can still fly my drone I am not gonna bother. So about year passed by and couple weeks ago I needed to fly drone again for friends wedding. However this time I was given error due firmware I can't take off my drone and fly. Then when i hit update on my app the firmware update just stalled... Then the app crashed on my galaxy s9 and the controller wouldn't turn on. To makes matters first it turned out that my warranty had expired 2 days ago (including my dji refresh which I never used).

I sent my drone into repair and was quoted $540 for both logic board and main board replacement. I have hard time to beleive this as the drone itself was totally fine when i sent it in... i know this cuz i was able to connect it on my pc via assistant app, it was really the controller that wouldn't turn on anymore. Now the RC was bricked because software update... should DJI take responsiblity for pushing out bad software? After all I wouldn't be in this situation if they had just let me fly with my older firmware instead ground it.

What is even more upsetting is the responses and treatment I have gotten so far... After waiting long time on phone I got to speak to the person who in the middle of call just said she couldn't hear me and hang up. I then spoke to somebody on the chat who said that they have opened invoice dispute and I should call back in later.

The whole experince just shows that DJI is company that absolutely don't care about how they treat their customers and virtually takes zero responsiblity for bad sofware they are pushing out to their customers. It's great as long your drone flys but if something goes wrong you're own your own. If you guys have suggestions I would love to hear ... I read that sometimes getting responses and solution can take weeks or months. Should I just try to get my broken drone back and sell it for parts? This is just beyond crazy :-(
2018-5-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

When I got my DJI drone last year I couldn't update firmware and contact DJI support, they closed my ticket without ever getting it fixed.

You should have pursued that with email, couple phone calls, then a registered letter.  The registered letter giving you some evidence that DJI ignored a problem that eventually led to an expensive brick with propellers.
2018-5-15
Use props
fans8ac13d52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 906 ft

Yeah I totally get that... I am just amazed that company can be successful with such horrid customer service. Needless to say after bought 2 drones from DJI it will be my last one.
2018-5-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Should I just try to get my broken drone back and sell it for parts? This is just beyond crazy :-(

There comes a time when it is best to cut your losses and move on.  The continued wasted time and frustration with problems, and poor service leave you with nothing but a bitter taste.  Life is too short!
2018-5-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fans8ac13d52 Posted at 2018-5-15 17:36
Yeah I totally get that... I am just amazed that company can be successful with such horrid customer service. Needless to say after bought 2 drones from DJI it will be my last one.

To be fair, it isn't just DJI.  

Unfortunately, there are plenty of company's that have really bad customer service.  Problem is companies will hire people who have no trouble-shooting skills, and company never bothers giving there customer service people proper training, let alone keeping those people up to date.

Too many companies have gone with customer service departments whose people do nothing more than follow a step by step trouble-shooting guide.  Because it is far cheaper and takes care of 80% of customers.  The other 20% are SOL.
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our repair center and support team. We will escalate your frustration of the whole process to the appropriate team for investigation, we will learn from this and keep improving our customer support. The related team will contact you and provide the further help soon, appreciate your patience. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.
2018-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules