1329€ for just a damaged X5S camera back cover!!
761 3 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnny1000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9319501 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am a very loyal DJI customer but this treatment is really disappointing.

Let me explain what happened.
I crashed with my Inspire 2 and X5S camera. This was truly my fault. I sent in the Inspire 2 and X5s camera. The quotation for the Inspire 2 was ok, but then I got the horribly high quotation for the x5s camera which was quoted with 1329€.
Why is the quotation so high, because DJI wants to change the whole camera holder module. This makes totally no sense because the camera internals are working just fine. Only this scratch is the only flaw.
I talked to the DJI Support staff in Germany several times if it would be possible to change only the Camera Rear Cover and the other parts beside the Camera Holder Module, but they are refusing. This process took several weeks.

IMG_0309.JPG

At the end the camera was unrepaired sent back to me.
Because I had nothing to lose I bent the Gimbal Arms back in the right way by myself and it it is working pretty good except the damage to the camera back cover. That is not very good because I can’t use the balancing cover anymore.

Can please somebody help me with this case here?!
Can I sent it back to DJI and will it be repaired without the Camera Holder Module?
In general, I have the feeling, everything will be repaired even it has only a cosmetically flawed. Noone looks at the costs for the customer.

So by the way the Inspire 2 repair is already done and I had my first test flight and it crashed again in the landing procedure because of a repair error. The second repair was, of course, free of charge but I had to pay the shipping to DJI. This is also not very kind and fair in my eyes.

Here is a picture from the quotation.
Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-16 um 17.22.40.png

2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Johnny, I managed to get your previous case number via your Forum account CAS-1580214-R3X8Z0, according to the damage assessment, the camera holder was broken, and it needs to be replaced. Sorry for the high price, we will help to verify with the local team to see if the camera can be repaired without Camera Holder Module and keep you updated. Appreciate your patience.

2018-5-16
Use props
Johnny1000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9319501 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-16 19:32
Hi Johnny, I managed to get your previous case number via your Forum account CAS-1580214-R3X8Z0, according to the damage assessment, the camera holder was broken, and it needs to be replaced. Sorry for the high price, we will help to verify with the local team to see if the camera can be repaired without Camera Holder Module and keep you updated. Appreciate your patience.

Hello Mindy, thank you for your fast reply. In fact the only flaw from the Camera Holder Module is the scratch, as you can see on the picture. The internals are just working fine. I tested it by myself. Recordings are clear and not in any way affactet from the damage. The only reason why it was labeled as damaged is because of the damaged Camera Rear Cover and the resulting hit before but this made no damage to the internals.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Johnny1000 Posted at 2018-5-16 20:29
Hello Mindy, thank you for your fast reply. In fact the only flaw from the Camera Holder Module is the scratch, as you can see on the picture. The internals are just working fine. I tested it by myself. Recordings are clear and not in any way affactet from the damage. The only reason why it was labeled as damaged is because of the damaged Camera Rear Cover and the resulting hit before but this made no damage to the internals.

Johnny, I have confirmed with the local repair team, when you send in again, I'm afraid you will get the same Quotation (maybe there will be some more parts added - if there are damaged too), sorry that we can't deduct any parts from the quotation, because all parts are necessary to get repaired/replaced, thanks for your understanding.
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules