Warranty repair. Shipping not paid?
1621 4 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quzkaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174757 ft

Hello everyone,

It recently truned out, that my Phantom has an ultrasonic sensor hardware issue (brand new), which is "of course" covered by the warranty.
The next step I'm facing is to send the package to DJI (Germany).
I was told to send the package, insure it etc. by myself, which is not really the way I was used to cope with these kinds of things but it's okay.
Now a collegue told me it really doesn't matter how I send it, since it arrives well. Anyway, I am paying the shipping and NOT DJI.

The reason why I am here is to ask: Am I the only one who thinks this is really not okay?
If I am having a problem with my $100 toast maker, it is a basic thing that the company pays everything as long as my problem is an under-warranty problem, but not with my $1500 drone?!
I live quite far from the destination, the shipping is really an amount of money, but I hope you guys understand not this is the thing why I'm suprised and disappointed.

Thank you for reading,
Quzkaa
2018-5-16
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

Under EU law, within the legal guarantee period of two years, defective products must be repaired or replaced without any cost to the consumer. This includes shipping costs. So, in principle, the seller should cover all shipping costs

https://europa.eu/youreurope/cit ... ns/faq/index_en.htm
2018-5-16
Use props
Breezer74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20072 ft

United Kingdom

Alvaro L Posted at 2018-5-16 09:43
Under EU law, within the legal guarantee period of two years, defective products must be repaired or replaced without any cost to the consumer. This includes shipping costs. So, in principle, the seller should cover all shipping costs

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/faq/index_en.htm

True, but it's not always that simple.  

Your first port of call should be the shop you bought the unit from.  It is up to them, "the trader", to sort return, repair or replacement for you.  It is only if you get no joy from them (or you bought direct from Dji), that you then have to deal with the manufacturer and/or their service centre.

It is also the case that, if they wish to examine the unit before deciding if it's warrantable, you have to pay for the return shipping.  If they do decide it is a warranty case (not malicious or accidental damage) you may then request a refund for your shipping costs, so keep all receipts to enable the claim.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Quzkaa, we are so sorry for the inconvenience, currently, we are still unable to provide the shipping label to all the customers around the world, for the users who are not qualified for the shipping label, they will need to send in the device on their own. We are working on improving our customer service around the world, hope we could cover the shipping in your country one day. Thanks for your understanding. GTScreenshot_20180517_113904.png
2018-5-17
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

DJI Mindy

With all due respect, the consumer laws in Europe says otherwise, I am pretty sure you can not substain your warranty agreement in that regard if someone decides to escalate a complain to a national or european consumer office, the same goes for the two year warranty. In fact Amazon is more diligent in that regard than the manufacturer itself.
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules