7371 16 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shyam_Barange
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23 ft
India

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to upgrade my phantom 3 professional with the latest firmware available on the official site.
The issue is while upgrading the drone is not making any sound though the LED indication is same as shown in the tutorial.
LED on the gimbal is blinking "Green" and "red", but it continues to blink the same way untill the battery gets dead.
Is this problem because of the wrong firmware file of something else?
any help will be appreciated.

thanks.
Shyam
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Shyam, what's the current aircraft firmware? Please try to format the SD card, download the correct bin file in the official website to check again. I'll attach the tutorial video for the double check.
2018-5-20
Use props
Shyam_Barange
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23 ft
India

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-20 19:20
Hi Shyam, what's the current aircraft firmware? Please try to format the SD card, download the correct bin file in the official website to check again. I'll attach the tutorial video for the double check. https://youtu.be/EPuhdZ4l18Q

Hi Susan,
Thank you for the quick response. the current aircraft firmware I am using is : P3X_FW_V01.11.0020
I followed all the steps as shows in the tutorial but could not upgrade firmware.

I think the issue is with the Gimbal itself. When I turn on the aircraft it works fine but after like 10 seconds, the gimbal gets disconnected (Now I can not move gimbal using the circular button from RC controller.).
If that is the case, what is the solution for this problem.

thanks,

Shyam  
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Shyam_Barange Posted at 2018-5-21 02:32
Hi Susan,
Thank you for the quick response. the current aircraft firmware I am using is : P3X_FW_V01.11.0020
I followed all the steps as shows in the tutorial but could not upgrade firmware.

Thanks for the clarification. Now that you have got the latest official firmware, it is normal as the latest one doesn't support to refresh.
As for the gimbal disconnected issue, please try to re-seat the pins on the side of the gimbal to see whether it helps. If no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis.
2018-5-24
Use props
fans28966f2c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-20 19:20
Hi Shyam, what's the current aircraft firmware? Please try to format the SD card, download the correct bin file in the official website to check again. I'll attach the tutorial video for the double check. https://youtu.be/EPuhdZ4l18Q

Hey,,,

I have the same prob with my p3p.
After not using it for several months, the new firmware listed for my aircraft isn’t working. My iPad shows three inspire aircraft but not the p3p.
Also, how to reset the controller..?
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans28966f2c Posted at 2018-5-25 07:54
Hey,,,

I have the same prob with my p3p.

Please refer below and try several times: Turn on the RC, hold C1, C2 and shutter button at the same time, then connect the App again to see whether it works.
2018-5-29
Use props
DumbUser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94068 ft

Estonia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-29 01:52
Please refer below and try several times: Turn on the RC, hold C1, C2 and shutter button at the same time, then connect the App again to see whether it works.

Hi, Susan.
I have been quite happy with Phantom 3 Pro, untill it made update.
So result of update V01.11.0020 ... I can re connect or whatt ever but.. Video link between Drone and remote works... Data from drone is comming... But no data sent out from remote..
Any ideas ?
2018-9-11
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Shyam_Barange Posted at 2018-5-21 02:32
Hi Susan,

Have you tried the re-link process? Did you look at your results file on the sd-card after it upgraded for anything that may have went wrong? Did you get the D-D D-D sound after the upgrade indicating it finished properly? Just some questions for us to help you.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DumbUser Posted at 2018-9-11 08:28
Hi, Susan.
I have been quite happy with Phantom 3 Pro, untill it made update.
So result of update V01.11.0020 ... I can re connect or whatt ever but.. Video link between Drone and remote works... Data from drone is comming... But no data sent out from remote..

Hello DumbUser, just to verify, could you read the current aircraft and RC version and what's the color of the RC indicator? You may also re-plug the cable or another working cable to see whether it helps.
2018-9-12
Use props
DumbUser
lvl.1

Estonia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-12 20:03
Hello DumbUser, just to verify, could you read the current aircraft and RC version and what's the color of the RC indicator? You may also re-plug the cable or another working cable to see whether it helps.

So,
All it (problems) happened after RC update.
Now the RC greed light is some moment blinking red.
I cannot send commands from ipad, but i cannot steer the camera as well stright from RC
So RC TXchannes is not working afterupdate. There are no  cable problems. That i allready changed like 10 times.
I have been the re- connect link , like100 times . It wount help.
Pleas send me somekind of intructions for updating the firmware and firware as well. The last what is for phanthom 3 pro is. Caused problems.
Brg, dumbuser.
2018-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DumbUser Posted at 2018-9-15 01:25
So,
All it (problems) happened after RC update.
Now the RC greed light is some moment blinking red.

Thanks for getting back to us. It sounds like the RC update is not successful, please kindly refer to the below and try again: Turn off the RC, hold C1, C2, record button and the camera dial at the same time, then turn on the RC and connect with APP to update from overall status. Make sure the update is successful, then you may try to link RC to see whether it works.
2018-9-17
Use props
DumbUser
lvl.1

Estonia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-17 00:22
Thanks for getting back to us. It sounds like the RC update is not successful, please kindly refer to the below and try again: Turn off the RC, hold C1, C2, record button and the camera dial at the same time, then turn on the RC and connect with APP to update from overall status. Make sure the update is successful, then you may try to link RC to see whether it works.

Hi,
No sucsess...
I think i need the next update and install it using usb memoristic.
Situations is like that at moment

2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DumbUser Posted at 2018-9-19 02:55
Hi,
No sucsess...
I think i need the next update and install it using usb memoristic.

It seems that the aircraft firmware does not show up. Could you upload a short video of your operation, including the status indicator on the RC and aircraft? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether it can be figured out remotely, thanks!
2018-9-20
Use props
Ruvym Don
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32795 ft

Hey susan i upgraded my p3 professional to v1.11.20 and now im getting the ESC error can you please help thanks you
2018-9-21
Use props
WILDCOCK
New
Guam

Help me... I am at a loss and totally relating to failure to update firmware for my phantom 3 pro and the RC. I purchased my drone several years back and finally took it out of the box to set up. The reason it took me so long is because my first phantom flew away one day after a year and half of flying.  It was the most surreal thing I've ever experienced... just watching my dollars fly away without no control or response to my RC. Full battery charge to the great beyond. Needless to say, the fear of the new one flying away kept me from using it. Now that I'm feeling comfortable again, I can't get the thing up in the air without being certain I am up to date with the firmware.  I start to upload the firmware, everything starts off right and then after five minutes  it just gets stuck on red and a constant revving noise like a hard drive looking to boot. The software and firmware is the original.  The RC doesn't recognize the firmware at all. It just blinks red and beeps.   I really hope someone can help me get this thing in the air.  Thanks.Help me...   I am at a loss and totally relating to failure to update firmware for my phantom 3 pro and the RC. I purchased my drone several years back and finally took it out of the box to set up. The reason it took me so long is because my first phantom flew away one day after a year and half of flying.  It was the most surreal thing I've ever experienced... just watching my dollars fly away without no control or response to my RC. Full battery charge to the great beyond. Needless to say, the fear of the new one flying away kept me from using it. Now that I'm feeling comfortable again, I can't get the thing up in the air without being certain I am up to date with the firmware.  I start to upload the firmware, everything starts off right and then after five minutes  it just gets stuck on red and a constant revving noise like a hard drive looking to boot. The software and firmware is the original.  The RC doesn't recognize the firmware at all. It just blinks red and beeps.   I really hope someone can help me get this thing in the air.  Thanks.
2018-10-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's a good idea to put a fan on the underside of the P3P when doing a FW upgrade.  

Here are some more tips:

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... .87175/#post-901549

Good luck
2018-10-25
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

Seems like after the update, that DJI knows that there is a gimbal issue, but refuses to do anything about it.
You can press and hold a spot on your screen, till a blue dot appears, and then the gimbal moves just fine.

Make sure that when the AC does the startup process, the gimbal moves in all directions, and you don't hear a clanking type noise.
If you get the noise, one of the small screws on the gimbal has started to come loose, and the camera now is not centered.

I've tried many times, even DM'ing a message to DJI Susan, with no response.   There is a video, I posted about this, on this website as well.  Still no response to how to get this fixed.
The holding buttons C1 and C2 seems to do NOTHING for me.
Range after adding the newest firmware is also someone limited.  Video breakup, and calls to return to home are common.
I'm not getting any ESC errors, but do get the message "Aircraft is warming up", and stays for quite a long time.  
I've tried the fridge, and then cal. the IMU afterwards, and I still get this.
I'd like to see if updating to the firmware that fixes the ESC problem, will also fix this issue.

Thanks!
2018-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules