Generic batteries
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stancur74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89984 ft
United States

Has anyone used generic batteries in their phantom 4? I have heard they only last 15 to 18 minutes.
2018-5-18
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally I wouldn't want to use any generic batteries in my P4P. With the amount of money we spend on these I'd hate to crash it trying to save a few bucks. Plus if your drone is under warranty it will probably not be covered if you have a battery failure from a generic battery.
2018-5-18
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Hate to say this but I have the P3A and for the last year I have been using Lumsing and Gifi batteries and maybe I have been lucky up to date but never had a problem. I fully accept that if it drops from the sky it is my fault and no one elses....I would still shed a tear for my great old machine its been halfway around Australia with me.
2018-5-18
Use props
stancur74
lvl.2
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-18 14:55
Personally I wouldn't want to use any generic batteries in my P4P. With the amount of money we spend on these I'd hate to crash it trying to save a few bucks. Plus if your drone is under warranty it will probably not be covered if you have a battery failure from a generic battery.

just wondering about those batteries. I dont need but one extra so will get the genuine thing. I only fly for fun and no complicated stuff. This is a replacement for rc planes, too old to build and too slow to fly them any more.
2018-5-18
Use props
stancur74
lvl.2
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-5-18 16:11
Hate to say this but I have the P3A and for the last year I have been using Lumsing and Gifi batteries and maybe I have been lucky up to date but never had a problem. I fully accept that if it drops from the sky it is my fault and no one elses....I would still shed a tear for my great old machine its been halfway around Australia with me.

Havent heard of those brands. Just curious about some I saw on ebay. 41usd
2018-5-18
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-5-18 16:11
Hate to say this but I have the P3A and for the last year I have been using Lumsing and Gifi batteries and maybe I have been lucky up to date but never had a problem. I fully accept that if it drops from the sky it is my fault and no one elses....I would still shed a tear for my great old machine its been halfway around Australia with me.

I agree that for the most part all batteries are pretty much the same (same materials and such). I was just pointing out the fact that if something were to happen it would be a bummer. I have done the same thing in the past where I bought a generic brand and accepted the responsibility if something ever happened.

But in my mind these birds are dangerous enough and personally I wouldn't risk it. I'm glad yours has worked out for you.
2018-5-18
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-18 18:39
I agree that for the most part all batteries are pretty much the same (same materials and such). I was just pointing out the fact that if something were to happen it would be a bummer. I have done the same thing in the past where I bought a generic brand and accepted the responsibility if something ever happened.

But in my mind these birds are dangerous enough and personally I wouldn't risk it. I'm glad yours has worked out for you.

If I had the P4 I would not use any other battery..only the genuine...but Ive had the P3A for over 2 years so I thought I would give it a try. Where I fly there is no one around for probably 10klms so if the P3A drops due to generic battery failing its not going to hit any buidings or persons.
2018-5-18
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-5-18 20:32
If I had the P4 I would not use any other battery..only the genuine...but Ive had the P3A for over 2 years so I thought I would give it a try. Where I fly there is no one around for probably 10klms so if the P3A drops due to generic battery failing its not going to hit any buidings or persons.

That makes perfect sense.
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It is always recommended to use the genuine batteries to ensure the flight safety.
2018-5-20
Use props
fans19b1552d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19662 ft
France

I use Powerextra Phantom 4 Series (15.2V 5350 mAh) and I'm really happy. Same reaction as the original, same charging time, and for half price. Lipo is lipo
2018-5-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Truth:  The more experience a DJI AC pilot has, the more inclined he is to use a genuine DJI batttery.  

aftrmrkt.jpg
DCP_7066.JPG
2018-5-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-5-26 04:11
Truth:  The more experience a DJI AC pilot has, the more inclined he is to use a genuine DJI batttery.

True, Why risk your drone trying to save a few bucks.
2018-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules