Brand new Mavic Pro Jittery video
674 13 2018-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IN56RN7N4bda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40043 ft

I got my Mavic Pro 2 days ago and every flight I’ve had thus far has had these jitters. Not jello but jittery footage. (I had jello a time or two which seemed to be fixed by firmware updates and recalibrations). After recalibration and updating firmware, the jitters also went away for about 2 minutes into a flight then came back. Temps were about 50F, running the sd card that came with the fly more combo. Very low light/lots of cloud cover and shutter speeds were 50-60 for most shots. Any advice?

2018-5-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Try resetting the camera.
2018-5-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

That looks like vibration to me, check the vibration plate of the gible and ensure it is set properly also check your props a slightly unbalanced prop can cause similar issues including jello, watch this video

2018-5-20
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Congrats on your new mavic.

I have a couple of questions to help you nail the problem.

1. Is this from the SD card or phone? (Had the same issue on the footage on the phone some days ago, IoS and Iphone 5 to little processing power)
2. What settings are you using, first resolution  1080, 2,7 K 4 K???
3.  What FPS do you use (I had this problem when shooting 24 FPS,  very very long time ago IF 24 try to switch to 30 and a lower resolution?
4. What memory card are you using? (Try another one)

The last 9-10 seconds indicates another problem like Suren Suggests.
Hope it works out for you.
2018-5-20
Use props
N2B8
lvl.1
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-5-20 07:34
Try resetting the camera.

I think I did that but I will try it again.
2018-5-20
Use props
N2B8
lvl.1
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-5-20 09:23
That looks like vibration to me, check the vibration plate of the gible and ensure it is set properly also check your props a slightly unbalanced prop can cause similar issues including jello, watch this video
https://youtu.be/52N9Lfa0USI

The gimbal looks like it's seated correctly to me. I was curious about the props as well. I will try this tonight when I get home from work.
2018-5-20
Use props
N2B8
lvl.1
United States

Flybee Posted at 2018-5-20 09:29
Congrats on your new mavic.

I have a couple of questions to help you nail the problem.

This video is from the SD card however it is also visible from the phone. The transmitted video shows the same vibrations.

This video was 4k 24FPS, I will try 30 and see if that changes anything.

The SD card is a SanDisk Extreme 16gb that came with the fly more combo.

It seems like, with yaw, most if not all of the vibrations are gone however lateral movements make it worse. I did a full recalibration and firmware update and went out to fly it. For the first couple of minutes the video was great then it went right back to this. I can post that video later tonight if it helps.

Also before anyone asks, I have 6 flights on it for a total of 24 minutes and there have been no crashes or collisions.
2018-5-20
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Definitely looks like a vibration issue, as stated above if you gimbal is free and floating try the vibration test Suren suggested, was it happening on all your previous flights as well?
2018-5-20
Use props
N2B8
lvl.1
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-20 10:15
Definitely looks like a vibration issue, as stated above if you gimbal is free and floating try the vibration test Suren suggested, was it happening on all your previous flights as well?

It's happened on every flight I've taken. Just to make sure, the props with the white circles go on the motors with the white circles, correct? It only had two props installed when I got it so I had to put two more on.
2018-5-20
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

N2B8 Posted at 2018-5-20 10:18
It's happened on every flight I've taken. Just to make sure, the props with the white circles go on the motors with the white circles, correct? It only had two props installed when I got it so I had to put two more on.

That's correct, you can not mount them incorrectly without forcing/damaging them, they are made this way for safety. I have had many problems with the notorious Jello effect with my MP, the final cure was to install ND filter, pretty sure I got mine from a lot that had a gimbal balance/weight issue because there was a flurry of posts with the same issue around the time I purchased it.
2018-5-20
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

N2B8 Posted at 2018-5-20 10:18
It's happened on every flight I've taken. Just to make sure, the props with the white circles go on the motors with the white circles, correct? It only had two props installed when I got it so I had to put two more on.

That is how they all come from the factory, 2 forward arm props installed right?
2018-5-20
Use props
N2B8
lvl.1
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-20 10:31
That is how they all come from the factory, 2 forward arm props installed right?

Yes that's right
2018-5-20
Use props
N2B8
lvl.1

I tried a camera reset and another full recalibration. I also changed out all the propellers and still no luck. What's interesting is that the first flight after doing all this looked great to start then quickly degraded again.
2018-5-20
Use props
N2B8
lvl.1

I was able to get a fix. In case anyone is wondering. I had performed the latest firmware update OTA from my iPhone X which apparently didn’t properly do the job. I plugged my Mavic into my computer and ran the firmware update through the DJI assistant 2 app. I also did a visual positioning system recalibration on the computer. This seems to have fix almost if not all of the jitters. ND filters have taken care of the rest.
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules