New Spark Owner.
573 15 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
loophole
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38901 ft
United States

New here and enjoying the drone.  Everything seems to be functioning fine to this point except for one feature.  I get the battery alerts about battery getting low etc.  (using remote controller)  However,  drone app never comes up and tells me estimation for RTH flight before battery dies.  

I have seen this in a lot of youtube videos.  Drone app will come up and say you only have sufficient battery to RTH.  May not be exact words.  Is this a setting?
2018-5-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Congrats on becoming a new Spark owner. The RTH prompt is generated when flying the drone down to its failsafe RTH for reaching low battery power. It is not a setting, you can monitor the timeline on the top part of the App directly below the upper menu - you will see the time ticking down to a H icon that adjusts to the time left to RTH. If you manually RTH before the prompt then you will not see it.
2018-5-21
Use props
loophole
lvl.1

Thank you. Not trying to be lazy but on my phone. Has anyone bookmarked some good link/videos on the spark? Good and knowledgeable info? Would be particularly nice to get info on the HUD for the fpv and all the info on screen...
2018-5-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

There is a Setting - To set the Battery Level eg. 30% before Auto RTH is triggered Automatically. This means that when the Battery is depleated to 30% it will start the 'Return to Home', you can cancel this, and fly manually back home, maybe using Sportsmode.

Also when doing RTH, check that the Wind isn't against the Drone, as the force of the wind can push the drone back and you can lose more power fighting the currents.

NOTE !! - At 10% Battery Critical the Drone will start Autolanding. So make sure you are Safe. You can still move the Controllers Yaw to push the Drone will Autolanding to avoid Water / Trees etc....

If you keep the Drone always in VLOS (Visual Line of Sight), 30% will be Safe for You.

VERY IMPORTANT - If you are a NEW PILOT, read a lot what ATTI Mode is ! Its a mode that the Spark will lose GPS and cannot return to home, so you have to fly it manually, it will also drift away with the Currents if there is wind, as it will NOT HOLD Position as it won't have GPS. I will add an extra video for you as this is VERY IMPORTANT !!! Almost most Important thing you Learn Before Flying, so just in case you dont panic and think you have a Fly Away. Be Prepared for things like these my friend.

ATTI Mode Video Explained (For Beginners) -

Let me put a video that explains RTH. Remember that there are lots of different actions the Spark will do if you Press 'RTH' accoding to the distance your Drone is in, you don't want that the Spark is less than 3m away and you press RTH as it will land where it is, especially if there is Water below it.

I will put another video that may help you with Settings -

Cheers Mate !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018-5-21
Use props
loophole
lvl.1
United States

Thank you!
2018-5-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Loophole -

Most important - Watch the ATTI Mode if you don't know what it means.

Its very very Important ! Thats the first thing I learned to save my Drone if I lose GPS.

Also do a Pre Flight Checklist, check Compass, Rotors, Props, Sensors, Hover a Bit, Lock GPS, What for RTH Record and then Fly.

Any questions let us know mate. Enjoy !!!
2018-5-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Preflight Checklist -

Credits to my Friend - Hallmark007 -

https://forum.dji.com/thread-84181-1-1.html
2018-5-21
Use props
loophole
lvl.1
United States

Thank you.  I come from a h501s Hubsan drone, it has GPS, sport mode did not use gps.  So I have a general understanding of flying something with no gps locked in.  ( also flew RC Heli's about 5 years ago which is a whole different world to drones).. Will spend some time watching and reading about it on the spark.  Scariest scenario for me would be flying it and losing sight of it, then atti kick it.. yikes.

Three more questions I can think of at the moment.

1. Does sport mode use GPS still?
2. In sport mode if you go full throttle forward, do you have to punch the drone up at the same time to avoid burying it into the ground? (Had to do this on the hubsan)
3.  I'm on an iPhone 8 plus.  Any good drone apps out there besides the dji 4 go?

Thanks again.
2018-5-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

loophole Posted at 2018-5-21 08:02
Thank you.  I come from a h501s Hubsan drone, it has GPS, sport mode did not use gps.  So I have a general understanding of flying something with no gps locked in.  ( also flew RC Heli's about 5 years ago which is a whole different world to drones).. Will spend some time watching and reading about it on the spark.  Scariest scenario for me would be flying it and losing sight of it, then atti kick it.. yikes.

Three more questions I can think of at the moment.

1. Yes Sports Mode uses GPS but the Forward Vision System is disabled in Sport Mode.
2. In Sports Mode every touch to your Yaw Sticks will have a fast reaction to the drone movement, so I suggest that you keep a high altitude, the Spark is supposted to keep altitude, even in ATTI Mode it uses a Barometer to keep some form of Altitude
3. I dont suggest 3rd Party Programs. You can download some Weather Apps which can give you infro regarding Wind / Sunrise / Sunset / Weather etc.. if its Safe to Fly etc... There was some Program called Airmap too.

You are always Welcome Sir.

2018-5-21
Use props
loophole
lvl.1

Thanks. Yep not interested in 3rd party to fly drone as I agree on what you said. Just general flying info. Downloaded Kittyhawk. Pretty decent. Didn’t know if there was something the DJI community prefers.
2018-5-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

loophole Posted at 2018-5-21 08:51
Thanks. Yep not interested in 3rd party to fly drone as I agree on what you said. Just general flying info. Downloaded Kittyhawk. Pretty decent. Didn’t know if there was something the DJI community prefers.

Indeed Loophole,

For example if you use 3rd Party Apps, DJI can even void your Warranty.

Have Fun Mate ! Really nice talking to you ! Have a nice week !
2018-5-21
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Autopilot for waypoint missions works well with the Spark.
2018-5-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-5-21 10:20
Autopilot for waypoint missions works well with the Spark.

Oracle, if you use 3rd Party Apps, will the Flight Records be available still in the DJI Go 4 ? I don't think so right ?

If you crash or something happens, and you don't present the Flight Records, will DJI still help you to get your Drone fixed please ?
2018-5-21
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

No, they will not.  Unfortunately, this is the risk you take with third party apps.  Still worth it to me for the cinematic footage provided with autonomous waypoint flights.  I've flown all my drones with 3rd party apps with no ill effects.  Preparation is the key.
2018-5-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-5-21 10:30
No, they will not.  Unfortunately, this is the risk you take with third party apps.  Still worth it to me for the cinematic footage provided with autonomous waypoint flights.  I've flown all my drones with 3rd party apps with no ill effects.  Preparation is the key.

With Program like these Oracle, you can set the Speed of the Spark Rotation around the POIs (Points of Interest) ?

Eg. There is a Light House and you mark the waypoints around it. Can you select Speed too, I think in Auto Mode you can still Tilt Up and Down the Gimbal and Cancel Automode if something happens right ?

Its nice to know that there are Programs like these, Very Interesting.

Just for curiosity, the Mavic Pro has Waypoints in the DJI Go4 App please ?

Thank you so much for the Help and Time Oracle.
2018-5-21
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-21 10:34
With Program like these Oracle, you can set the Speed of the Spark Rotation around the POIs (Points of Interest) ?

Eg. There is a Light House and you mark the waypoints around it. Can you select Speed too, I think in Auto Mode you can still Tilt Up and Down the Gimbal and Cancel Automode if something happens right ?

Yes to all your questions regarding the Spark.  And yes the MP has waypoints in GO4.  Autopilot is a bit pricey and a bit complex, but it is well worth your time and quite fun to plan out your missions.
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules