nexus 7 tablet
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stancur74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89984 ft
United States

will a nexus 7 tablet work ok with a phantom 4 and the dji go4 app?
2018-5-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I could be mixing it up with something else but i think its similar to the Nvidia Shield K1, also it will depend on if its the 1st Gen or the latest, 1st gen a deffo no go for launch due to the very lo spec, later models with 2gb ram may just work for now but if the DJI app keeps going the way it is, we will need i7 laptops with 8gb ram very soon
2018-5-21
Use props
Just_nick
lvl.4

It's old and slow, so I would not buy one if you don't have one. If you have one, you can use it until you get sick of the lag.
2018-5-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

I have a Nexus 7 (2013) MkII. Which is working okay with the latest release of DJI Go 4 (V4.2.16). I would agree with post No'3 above, if you have one then it will work. But if buying new then get the best you can afford. In general there are less issues with Apple devices as there are fewer variations in hardware and OS as you have with Android devices. In saying that there are some very capable Android devices. There is a slight lag on my Nexus 7, perhaps half a second or less.
2018-5-24
Use props
stancur74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89984 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-24 12:30
I have a Nexus 7 (2013) MkII. Which is working okay with the latest release of DJI Go 4 (V4.2.16). I would agree with post No'3 above, if you have one then it will work. But if buying new then get the best you can afford. In general there are less issues with Apple devices as there are fewer variations in hardware and OS as you have with Android devices. In saying that there are some very capable Android devices. There is a slight lag on my Nexus 7, perhaps half a second or less.

My daughter is giving me a nexus 7 that she bought in 2016. Its a gen 2 runing android 6.?.?. I dont mind a little lag, because this is just for fun. Something to fly, because I cant do rc planes anymore. Too old and slow for them. Been using a galaxy s5 with my p4, its too small for my old eyes, but it works very well. I bought my p4 at an estate sale, and i dont tell what i paid for it because no one would believe me. Thanks for the help.
2018-5-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

stancur74 Posted at 2018-5-24 14:05
My daughter is giving me a nexus 7 that she bought in 2016. Its a gen 2 runing android 6.?.?. I dont mind a little lag, because this is just for fun. Something to fly, because I cant do rc planes anymore. Too old and slow for them. Been using a galaxy s5 with my p4, its too small for my old eyes, but it works very well. I bought my p4 at an estate sale, and i dont tell what i paid for it because no one would believe me. Thanks for the help.

I have the Nexus 7 as a back up to my iPad pro 9.7. So although I make sure it functionally works, there is a small chance that all is not perfect due to lack of testing.

One thing I've found is that you will need to enable 'developer options' in Android 'Settings' and within that under 'Networking' section set USB Configuration to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). This works for me although some have suggested that the 'PTP' setting also works well.

When set then install DJI Go 4 App', or uninstall and to a clean install if required.

I find that if the USB port is not set in this way then the screen image from the P4 camera is badly pixelated with a lot of lag.
The above sounds complicated, but is fairly straightforward, can be done in a couple of minutes, and only needs to be done once. Google 'Nexus 7 developer options' for instruction on how to turn on this option (this site gives a good explanation ).

By the way, I do not have 'USB debugging' switched on as I've seen some suggest, the act of setting the USB to MTP as above appears to work on my Nexus 7.
2018-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules