Trouble connecting mavic air to huawei P10
7659 18 2018-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stefano Rosso
lvl.1

Italy

Hello,

I have recently bought a Mavic Air and I'm trying to use my Huawei P10 with the controller to try the Mavic air... but with no success. It always gets stuck at the third step and when I click on linking aircraft it says Linking failed.

I have tried multiple times, tried to do what I found on some forum posts here but still nothing... I cannot use the drone
My friend has an iphone and he had no issues in connecting it. Any help? Thanks
2018-5-21
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Sorry to hear but may be out of luck as it is not on the list of compatible devices.  https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info  It shows the Huawei P8 Max but not 10.  Might be out of luck.  
2018-5-21
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check USB debugging enabled on Developer Setting.
2018-5-21
Use props
Onafets
lvl.1

Italy

I have enabled it but still nothing . Still "linking failed"
2018-5-21
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Check to see if your phone can connect to PC. It's might be your phone firmware. I have Mate 10 Pro and Honor 8 both work fine. Sometimes the USB Debugging is disabled then have to enable again. You have to try another phone
2018-5-22
Use props
ceho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148484 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Last weekend I had the same issue with my Mate 9. I couldn't do much about it as I was in kind of a wilderness area and had no internet connection. Thankfully I had my other phone, a Mate 10 Pro with me and that one worked just fine.

Back at home, first thing I did on the Mate 9 (as it's actually my "drone phone"), I deleted and re-installed the DJO Go 4 app. After that, everything went nuts and the app told me I now owned a Phantom 4 instead of a Mavic Air . So I made a simple thing: I restarted the phone and after that everything went back to normal. Linking and controlling the MA via App work just fine. I don't know, maybe such a simple thing helps you out as well...
2018-5-22
Use props
Onafets
lvl.1

Italy

Thanks. I have tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it again but nothing...
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. I am sorry to know that you are not able to connect your Huawei P10 to your Mavic Air. I've tried to search on this issue and i found out that the Huawei P10 is not yet compatible with the Mavic Air that is why it is failing to link with the drone. i will be sending you the lists if compatible devices for reference.

iOS Version v4.2.12.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus.
Android Version v4.2.8.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

Thank you.
2018-5-22
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-5-22 10:40
Good day. I am sorry to know that you are not able to connect your Huawei P10 to your Mavic Air. I've tried to search on this issue and i found out that the Huawei P10 is not yet compatible with the Mavic Air that is why it is failing to link with the drone. i will be sending you the lists if compatible devices for reference.

iOS Version v4.2.12.

Hi DJI Stephen,

Regarding about phone compatibility on DJI GO 4. My HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro running on Android 8.0 works great and gives great screen transmission to the device. My Essential Phone also works great on Android 8.1 but the App will crashed or force closed on Android P Preview.Both my devices are not listed on your DJI GO4 compatible list. I have MATE 9 too and its working too. Both Mate 9 and P10 have the same CPU Kirin 960. l don't see why its not linking on P10. Maybe its time to update your lists.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you. I don't know if it is possible but I will forward this issue to the engineers for further study.
2018-5-23
Use props
fans0dabf71a
lvl.1

No connection to app, but able to fly drone.  
I have an LG G6 with Android 8.0.0 Oreo installed.  
Checked cable connection, reinstalled DJI GO4 app twice, and still can not see camera.
2018-5-23
Use props
Onafets
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Stephen, Is it possible to get in touch with you by email to find a solution to this issue? I really have no idea what to do
2018-5-26
Use props
SimonP291
lvl.1

I have a similar problem with my Huawei P10. The dealer said that he is not responsible to tell the customer which phone is compatible and which one is not. I feel really angry because I can't return the drone now.
2018-6-29
Use props
Onafets
lvl.1

Italy

it is absurd that dji doesn't do anything to fix this issue
2018-6-30
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Onafets Posted at 2018-6-30 04:16
it is absurd that dji doesn't do anything to fix this issue

Infuriating.
2018-8-29
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

P10 pro, and absolutely no problem to link. Also, the Huawei Mate 7, no problem.
2018-8-29
Use props
djiuser_v8QTVDT6Wyis
lvl.1

I had a problem with my p10, I had to activate USB debugging AND ADB Debugging, looks like it is a bug with P10, only activating USB debuging setting was not saved, with ADB debugging enabled it works fine now. Now everything works perfekt.
2018-9-25
Use props
あくまくん(AKUMA)
New

Bolivia

remove the iphone USB plug
2019-8-4
Use props
djiuser_3KyGg9FvlkKV
lvl.1

South Africa

SimonP291 Posted at 2018-6-29 12:49
I have a similar problem with my Huawei P10. The dealer said that he is not responsible to tell the customer which phone is compatible and which one is not. I feel really angry because I can't return the drone now.

I just bought my dji last week and specifically asked if my phone would work andthe dealer said any android device would work. As I went back the manager told me the exact same bull... and said I should cough out money for their overpriced smart controller which is nothing but an overpriced controller with a android built in which can't even do what my p10 does. Only difference is I will not let it stand. I propose we draw a petition to have dji fix this issue as the p8 works. But a better phone doesn't work. How does that work. I am also going to take the matter further to the consumer rights commission. And I suggest anybody with the same issue do the same. Else they shouldn't tell you at the stores that android is compatible. And then refuse a refund. I've only hady phone for a month. Am I now really suppose to cough up the money for a new phone after spending 30k on a new drone which I can't even use. Wtf???!
2020-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules