Black Box data not exporting
2436 10 2018-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Momodji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20016 ft
United States

Hi folks, I need to send in my drone for repair. From my perspective the at-fault party here is DJI since while flying spark's battery detached and my drone fell off the sky and crashed. I've raised a repair request, however I want to get the spark logs (for various reasons) before I send in the unit for inspection. Upon connecting to PC and running DJI A2, and hitting black box the loader simply keeps spinning and no file actually get's exported. Suggestions?
2018-5-23
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Try removing the SD card and downloading the contents directly to your PC. Hopefully the SD card is still functional after the crash.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. I am sorry for what happened to your spark. For the issue that we have with the DJI A2 black box. I am sorry to say that the  DJI A2 black box cannot be opened by our drone owners due to sensitive records placed on it. But, once you have send the drone for repair. After our engineers analyze the drone we will be sending you a notification via email on the records found in the drone. Thank you.
2018-5-23
Use props
Momodji
lvl.1
United States

Sure @Stephen, but I'd like my own copy of the data before I send it in.
2018-5-23
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-5-23 07:35
Good day. I am sorry for what happened to your spark. For the issue that we have with the DJI A2 black box. I am sorry to say that the  DJI A2 black box cannot be opened by our drone owners due to sensitive records placed on it. But, once you have send the drone for repair. After our engineers analyze the drone we will be sending you a notification via email on the records found in the drone. Thank you.

Hi Stephen, i did contact Thor (is he still working at DJI? he does not respond anymore!) about the same issue;  its not possible to get my black box data when connected to Assistent 2.
This for all my computers...

So what is the solution for this problem?

regards JJB

2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Momodji Posted at 2018-5-23 10:19
Sure @Stephen, but I'd like my own copy of the data before I send it in.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to access the black box due to security issues. The only one who can access the black box is the engineer who will be assessing the drone. He will be the one who will translate the data findings. Once it is forwarded to us we will be sending you the data findings via email notification.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JJBspark Posted at 2018-5-23 10:51
Hi Stephen, i did contact Thor (is he still working at DJI? he does not respond anymore!) about the same issue;  its not possible to get my black box data when connected to Assistent 2.

Good day. I believe we are still working with Thor, I apologize that he was not able to answer your query right away. The DJI Assistant 2 is not able to access the black box of the drone even if you connect the drone directly to the PC. The only one who can access the black box info is the DJI repair team. Thank you.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JJBspark Posted at 2018-5-23 10:51

I am sorry for keeping you waiting, I had replied your PM days ago. Please check if you can receive it.
Besides, for your situation, I am still waiting for the engineers' feedback, will inform them to speed up the process.
Apologize again for the delay, if I hear any news from the engineers, I will reply you immediately.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Momodji, sorry for the confusion. DJI Assistant 2 should be able to load and export the flight data and black box data, please ensure that you are running the latest v1.2.4 on your PC, try to restart the PC and try again, if it doesn't help, you might also need to try another computer. Or please provide me with the DJI A2 version, your drone's firmware version and the OS of your PC, I will forward this case to the engineers to confirm.
Since every time the drone starts the new log will be entered, if there is not enough space, the previous logs might be overwritten. So I don't suggest restarting the drone frequently. Please kindly send the drone in for service at your convenience, thank you.
2018-5-23
Use props
Momodji
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Thor, I'll do that. So to confirm I should be able to export the blackbox data(not read it) and flight logs to my local PC, contrary to what Stephen said?

DJI A2 version - v1.2.4
Drone version - I didn't want to restart it per you suggestion. AFAIK it was series 700 (3 versions older than latest firmware).
OS - windows 10, version 1709, OS build - 16299.431

I really want my own copy of the data before sending it in, so hopefully you guys can help me export that out before it get's over-written.
2018-5-23
Use props
Momodji
lvl.1

Hi, I've not had an update on this. It shouldn't be this hard or time-consuming to resolve imo.
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules