Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera broken
1286 6 2018-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MCAV
lvl.1

New Zealand

I have a Phantom 3 standard with the camera/ gimbal arm and ribbon broken off from a crash.

I would like to replace/do away with the camera and gimbal motors (leaving the gimbal PCB) and utilize the camera tilt servo controller on the remote to activate a solenoid that I want to attach to the drone for use with another mechanical system.

Is this possible by tapping/rewiring into the Gimbal PCB in the photo attached?

I've been trying a few different things to try find the circuit which controls the camera tilt. One of them is tracing the ribbon onto the gimbal PCB and using a multimeter to detect voltage change when using the remote controller tilt button. My lack of electrical engineering knowledge has lead me to ask for your help, please.

Cheers from Mark from New Zealand

Phantom 3 std Gimbal PCB

Phantom 3 std Gimbal PCB
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I highly recommend to send in the unit to our facility or any recommended DJI repair shop available in your area. As they are experts when it comes to that part. They will notify you via email to provide a feedback and details for the parts that needed to repair/replace. We also do not recommend our customer to open the drone especially if it is under warranty, otherwise, it will void the warranty.
2018-5-24
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
United Kingdom

Probably get more help for your query somewhere like here

2018-5-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

What are you7 trying to attach? Is it a release for a fishing line?
2018-5-24
Use props
MCAV
lvl.1

New Zealand

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-24 10:33
I highly recommend to send in the unit to our facility or any recommended DJI repair shop available in your area. As they are experts when it comes to that part. They will notify you via email to provide a feedback and details for the parts that needed to repair/replace. We also do not recommend our customer to open the drone especially if it is under warranty, otherwise, it will void the warranty.

Thanks for your reply. Its not under warrenty but i could replace the broken gimbal arm and ribbon myself if i wanted too as i have the spare parts already. Im just looking to try something else by utilising the camera tilt control circult. Cheers
2018-5-25
Use props
MCAV
lvl.1

New Zealand

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-24 14:52
What are you7 trying to attach? Is it a release for a fishing line?

Im looking to attach a solinoid valve.
2018-5-25
Use props
MCAV
lvl.1

New Zealand

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2018-5-24 12:22
Probably get more help for your query somewhere like here

Thanks for the link.
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced