Apple iPhone, P3P and 11.1.0020
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans28966f2c
lvl.1
United States

OK, gang.
Is it time for DJI to stop fooling around and fix the problem? I've read most of the chatter here, seen a lot of YouTube about bricked P3P's...mine included.
The so-called upgrade is dated June of 2017. It's now end of May 2018. The upgrade isn't working.
Apple has been thru several uipgrades to iOS. Is that the problem? (I use an iPad mini)
I'm beginning to feel trashed by DJI as I have about $1,100 invested in my drone and all the other stuff with it.
Has DJI decided that the P3P has reached end-of-life? In such a short time?
How do you get the legal attention of a company based in China?

2018-5-25
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

How do you get the legal attention of a company based in China?

You gotta talk to your president about that. Join him on Twitter.
He supports everything that can hurt China.
2018-5-25
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Has DJI decided that the P3P has reached end-of-life? In such a short time?

I'm coming back here since I didn't mean making fun of you.
The P3 series was introduced three years ago - April 2015. Production of the P3P has stopped around Dec 2016.
Stop of production doesn't mean stop of support/firmware upgrades but it will eventually happen.

By looking at the development of DJI drones I think a drone generation is around 1.5 years.
That means 'short time' equals two generations.

I'm afraid there is nothing you can expect to happen for this old drone.

2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thank you for raising this concern and I apologized for this inconvenience. May you share it with me the exact issue that you are having on your Phantom 3 Professional? Thank you.
2018-5-25
Use props
fans28966f2c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-25 14:15
Thank you for raising this concern and I apologized for this inconvenience. May you share it with me the exact issue that you are having on your Phantom 3 Professional? Thank you.

Hi Natalia,
The problem: After not using my P3P during the winter months, I got it out, charged all the batteries and fired it up. The controller and the aircraft are not communicating.
The controller has a red light showing next to the white battery lights. My iPad mini, with the latest DJI Go app will not communicate with the controller either.

The latest firmware is loaded on the aircraft.
-----------------------------
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
-----------------------------
When the aircraft battery is switched on, after the usual beeps, the yellow lights flash continuously.
I hope you have some ideas about this!
-Tom

2018-5-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans28966f2c Posted at 2018-5-25 17:35
Hi Natalia,
The problem: After not using my P3P during the winter months, I got it out, charged all the batteries and fired it up. The controller and the aircraft are not communicating.
The controller has a red light showing next to the white battery lights. My iPad mini, with the latest DJI Go app will not communicate with the controller either.

These days you have to make sure the aircraft, RC unit and phone are all updated to the l;atest versions, otherwise one may not work with the other.
2018-5-25
Use props
fans28966f2c
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-25 17:50
These days you have to make sure the aircraft, RC unit and phone are all updated to the l;atest versions, otherwise one may not work with the other.

Thank you for stating the obvious.
As I said in the reply, all firmware is "current," the most recent being June of 2017.
2018-5-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans28966f2c Posted at 2018-5-26 02:34
Thank you for stating the obvious.
As I said in the reply, all firmware is "current," the most recent being June of 2017.

Thank you for your ingracious reply. I won't bother again, others may not either.
2018-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans28966f2c Posted at 2018-5-25 17:35
Hi Natalia,

May I know when was the last time that you updated the firmware of your unit? I suggest that you need to refresh the firmware of both aircraft and remote controller. Then re-do the linking process. For your reference, you may watch the video tutorial.

2018-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules