Question regarding quality control
1485 22 2018-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8035 ft

Hello ,
I have a queestion regarding the quality control. I am on my third new MA. I bought the first one from a DJI official seller in my country. The first one had a good built quality but unfortunately it had issues with the compass. As it was new I returned it to seller and I got a replacement, another new drone. I noticed a difference in built quality at the seccond one because the plastic parts had some issues. The seccond one also had an issue with the gimbal as it was not smooth even if I changed the gimbal settings. Unlike the first one the gimbal up and down movement was not smooth no metter of the used settings. I only tested the drone camera indoors and as it had a problem I returned it to the seller for a new replacement. I got my third new MA and at this point I am quite concerned about what I found. One of drone arms opens pretty difficult, and I can hear a sound like the wires which connectsto to propeller / engine are getting in the way. Also, when i tried to charge the battery and the RC I noticed that the USB ports are misplaced inside charger and one of the ports can not be used as the USB does not fit. Also under the seal the RC is scratched. All the MA boxes were sealed. I really want to get a MA that works and has no built quality issues, but for a reason that I do not understand it seems impossible. I am returning again the MA and I really dont know if I should try to get another one because of the three unsuccessful attempts.  I will attach pictures regarding the issues I described above. Please advice how should I handle this situation.

2018-5-25
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

The charger

2018-5-25
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

Drone arm with no issues. Please note how the wires are placed

2018-5-25
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

Drone arm with issues

2018-5-25
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

Scratches on RC that were under seal

2018-5-25
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

If this is an unusual situation I can provide to DJI the invoice, serial number and/or other data.
2018-5-25
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

And this is not all. I tried to charge the battery using the port were the USB fits but the charger gets very hot. Also one of the two buttons that secure the battery its loose. I did not even updated the firmware because its impossible to charge the battery.

2018-5-25
Use props
Jack Beans
lvl.2

United States

That is very strange to go through 3 drones and still have issues.  Either you are the most unlucky person or you are nit picking small things...
2018-5-25
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

I guess that is can be even a third explanation here. Anyway I guess that its not a small thing that you can not even charge a battery for your new drone. I really do have an issue here and my post is addressed to DJI representatives.  I would appreciate constructive comments from other MA users . Thank you!
2018-5-25
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

For me i will test following order:
1. Can it fly? How does it fly?
2. Camera quality? Does it clear through picture at 4:3? Does it has blurry/soft spot?
Good luck
2018-5-25
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

You better ask the seller to check everything in front of you before take it home.
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Gala, we're sorry to read your experience. Could you offer the aircraft SN and purchase invoice? I'll forward to the right team for further review.
2018-5-25
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-25 20:51
Gala, we're sorry to read your experience. Could you offer the aircraft SN and purchase invoice? I'll forward to the right team for further review.

Thank you for your reply. I am on a short vacantion until Tuesday, as in my country there are a few days of legal holiday. On my return I will provide the invoice and the aircraft SN. Because the invoice contains personal data  I would appreciate an email address or a more private communication channel. Thank you again!
2018-5-26
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

GDL Posted at 2018-5-25 19:45
You better ask the seller to check everything in front of you before take it home.

It is pretty difficult to do this because according to DJI manual before first use you must do a full charge and a firmware update. Besides this the aircraft is quite complex and a real test both on flight  and on photo / video use can not be done in the store. I asked the seller to unpack the box and conducted a very short check of the drone and RC without taking out the seals. The store's representative was already annoyed and he asked me why was I doing these checks as long as the box was seald.
2018-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Gala Posted at 2018-5-26 06:44
Thank you for your reply. I am on a short vacantion until Tuesday, as in my country there are a few days of legal holiday. On my return I will provide the invoice and the aircraft SN. Because the invoice contains personal data  I would appreciate an email address or a more private communication channel. Thank you again!

Sorry that we do not have the working email account, please send email to support@dji.com at your most convenience and then post the email ticket number here for further support.
2018-5-26
Use props
Gala
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-26 20:01
Sorry that we do not have the working email account, please send email to  at your most convenience and then post the email ticket number here for further support.

Ok, I will. Thank you very much!
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gala Posted at 2018-5-27 05:25
Ok, I will. Thank you very much!

Thank you, besides, we also need your contact info (name, email account, phone number) and the name of the seller, looking forward to your update.
2018-5-27
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-27 19:44
Thank you, besides, we also need your contact info (name, email account, phone number) and the name of the seller, looking forward to your update.

Sure, I wil send all the data in the email and than I will let you know the ticket number. Thanks again!
2018-5-28
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

Gala Posted at 2018-5-28 07:10
Sure, I wil send all the data in the email and than I will let you know the ticket number. Thanks again!

I would also like to point out that the seller will probable accept a return and refund. My issue is that after two drones with major build issues I am not confident anymore to ask for a new replacement.  It is also in DJI's interest to check and prevent similar issues. Everyone I have talked on to in various international user groups of Mavic Air has confirmed that DJI Products offer exceptional build quality.
2018-5-28
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-27 19:44

I would also like to point out that the seller will probable accept a return and refund. My issue is that after two drones with major build issues I am not confident anymore to ask for a new replacement.  It is also in DJI's interest to check and prevent similar issues. Everyone I have talked on to in various international user groups of Mavic Air has confirmed that DJI Products offer exceptional build quality.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gala Posted at 2018-5-28 07:49
I would also like to point out that the seller will probable accept a return and refund. My issue is that after two drones with major build issues I am not confident anymore to ask for a new replacement.  It is also in DJI's interest to check and prevent similar issues. Everyone I have talked on to in various international user groups of Mavic Air has confirmed that DJI Products offer exceptional build quality.

We understand, we do apologize for your unfortunate experience with our product, your experience will be forwarded to our management department for attention to keep improving the quality of our products. We will also confirm with the related team about the next resolution once we get the required info.
2018-5-28
Use props
Gala
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-28 20:32
We understand, we do apologize for your unfortunate experience with our product, your experience will be forwarded to our management department for attention to keep improving the quality of our products. We will also confirm with the related team about the next resolution once we get the required info.

Hello again,
I have returned my MA to seller and got a full refund. The seller's representative observed the above mentioned defects. I am not considering to buy another product. As the drone was bought in this condition and never used I was, according to my country legislation, entitled to a straight away refund .  Thank you for assistance!
2018-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gala Posted at 2018-5-30 13:18
Hello again,
I have returned my MA to seller and got a full refund. The seller's representative observed the above mentioned defects. I am not considering to buy another product. As the drone was bought in this condition and never used I was, according to my country legislation, entitled to a straight away refund .  Thank you for assistance!

Gala, thanks for keeping us posted and glad to know the seller is able to help you out, we apologize again for your experience with our product, we will keep improving the quality control, hope you will have a better experience with us in the future.
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules