1490 20 2018-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

After buying my Spark I decided to buy another drone, cheaper, to train and improve my skills as a pilot in ATTI mode. So I'll be ready if a day I'll have to control my Spark or another drone in ATTI mode. So I decided to buy an Eachine E58, which is a copy of the Mavic Pro. It is a very cheap drone, cost about 38€ and meets my expectations. It is a good drone and cheap to train and gain more confidence and experience in ATTI mode.

B7AAAF8E-3A0B-4263-B92A-26B14FCA0521.jpeg
2018-5-26
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

This is not a bad idea but you can not switch Spark into "Atti" mode (only if hack firmware: )

If you have become an "Atti" mode, you have a great chance of interrupting your connection and then you have nothing to do with practice ...

It's okay to practice!
2018-5-26
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-5-26 13:13
This is not a bad idea but you can not switch Spark into "Atti" mode (only if hack firmware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYoWYfRZFsY)

If you have become an "Atti" mode, you have a great chance of interrupting your connection and then you have nothing to do with practice ...

I am practicing because I want to be prepared in case my Spark for some reason enters in ATTI mode and I will have to fly it back to home in manual mode in a safe way.
2018-5-26
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-26 14:22
I am practicing because I want to be prepared in case my Spark for some reason enters in ATTI mode and I will have to fly it back to home in manual mode in a safe way.

Just make sure that if you get used to this speed, you will not be accustomed, accelerated or slowed down when you fly with Spark and become an accident.
2018-5-26
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft

This is a great idea.

Another way to do this,  although more expensive,  is to get a Phantom.   I have a P3 Standard -- had it for about 3 years now.

Phantoms can be manually put in ATTI mode.        They make great training platforms.  Older P3s should be pretty cheap now.

Sid
2018-5-26
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

I really like the idea Aurelian !

It looks like the Mavic Pro ! And for that Prices I think its Super Worthed, just Half the Price the cost of a Mavic Pro Platinum Battery !

Then send me a Video when you receive it, how it flies. I am interested in buying one !

I always tell you not to show me these things !

2018-5-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I think that's a good use of time to prepare and combat complications that may result, hopefully you won't have to rely on the experience.
2018-5-26
Use props
JDavidTX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604495 ft
United States

I've been wanting to try and fly in ATTI mode.  I've thought if I'd had access to a big open abandon warehouse that might do the trick so I didn't loose it.  I saw a video where a guy wrapped the back end of a Mavic with Aluminum Foil and taped it to get ATTI mode but I'm not that brave.  LOL
2018-5-26
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>

It's a very good idea to do!!  I do it with my phantom so I know how to fly.  Especially in winds.  It's amazing how good the computers are.  Try to hover in one place and you;ll realize it.  It also, makes you more aware of flight dynamics.  NExt time you're on a boat, turn off the GPS and tell the person driving to get somewhere with just the compass and dead reckoning!!
2018-5-26
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

My first drone was an XS809HW, similar to the Eachine....  It flew away on me due to some bad judgement, inexperience, and some big wind gusts.  That was back in February, we found it just last week, and it still flies.  I received my Spark (60th birthday!) last weekend, still not had its maiden flight.  But after reading about ATTi II have been practicing on the XS to get my bearings on non-GPS mode flying.  Hoping this training will come to my rescue once "RubyRed" hits ths skies.  Probably a good idea for all.

2018-5-26
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fly the specific drone for real experience.  There is no substitute for experience.
2018-5-26
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

sidtx Posted at 2018-5-26 15:59
This is a great idea.

Another way to do this,  although more expensive,  is to get a Phantom.   I have a P3 Standard -- had it for about 3 years now.

Thank you, good tips.
2018-5-26
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-26 16:22
I really like the idea Aurelian !

It looks like the Mavic Pro ! And for that Prices I think its Super Worthed, just Half the Price the cost of a Mavic Pro Platinum Battery !

I've been using it for a month now. How does it fly? Nothing to do with the Spark flight. It has no GPS, it does not have any type of sensors ... this is totally manual. If you learn to handle this drone, then you can control any drone without problems. I'm going to upload a video today.
2018-5-26
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-26 16:29
I think that's a good use of time to prepare and combat complications that may result, hopefully you won't have to rely on the experience.

I hope you’re right!
2018-5-26
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

JDavidTX Posted at 2018-5-26 20:46
I've been wanting to try and fly in ATTI mode.  I've thought if I'd had access to a big open abandon warehouse that might do the trick so I didn't loose it.  I saw a video where a guy wrapped the back end of a Mavic with Aluminum Foil and taped it to get ATTI mode but I'm not that brave.  LOL

Is a good solution to.
2018-5-26
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Tridiver Posted at 2018-5-26 20:51
It's a very good idea to do!!  I do it with my phantom so I know how to fly.  Especially in winds.  It's amazing how good the computers are.  Try to hover in one place and you;ll realize it.  It also, makes you more aware of flight dynamics.  NExt time you're on a boat, turn off the GPS and tell the person driving to get somewhere with just the compass and dead reckoning!!

Nice! Something good to try!
2018-5-26
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft

Northwood Posted at 2018-5-26 21:01
My first drone was an XS890HW, similar to the Eachine....  It flew away on me due to some bad judgement, inexperience, and some big wind gusts.  That was back in February, we found it just last week, and it still flies.  I received my Spark (60th birthday!) last weekend, still not had its maiden flight.  But after reading about ATTi II have been practicing on the XS to get my bearings on non-GPS mode flying.  Hoping this training will come to my rescue once "RubyRed" hits ths skies.  Probably a good idea for all.

[view_image]

I also have the XS809HW, which I got as an upgrade from the Hubsan X4. The XS809HW is a lot easier to fly because of the internal barometer. The X4 gives you nothing. Both are a great way to practice actual flying, rather than the Spark, with which I feel more like a copilot because it does so much for you. Until it doesn't, which is when you need the experience with the cheaper quads. I think all done pilots should get one of the cheaper quads to practice with. They're only around £25, and in my opinion it's a form of paying for insurance. You have a much better chance of a positive outcome if the Spark goes into ATTI with some actual flying practice.
2018-5-26
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-5-26 23:24
I've been using it for a month now. How does it fly? Nothing to do with the Spark flight. It has no GPS, it does not have any type of sensors ... this is totally manual. If you learn to handle this drone, then you can control any drone without problems. I'm going to upload a video today.

Thank you Aurelian !

Will be glad to watch it !
2018-5-27
Use props
nizzammms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15925 ft

Malaysia

Next to try , a racing drone with just acro mode ..now that u can control all drone ..and 6 channel heli too..
2018-5-30
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Here's a video made with the XS809HW whilst I was practicing manual control.  It was fairly windy, so had to  use its highest rate to fight the wind, even then it struggled.  Going to fly the Spark this weekend for the first time, weather permitting.  Wife will be my spotter.  I screwed up on the model number, as you wlll see in the title of the video.  I blame my advancing age! <ha ha>

Cheers
2018-5-31
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Northwood Posted at 2018-5-31 05:51
Here's a video made with the XS809HW whilst I was practicing manual control.  It was fairly windy, so had to  use its highest rate to fight the wind, even then it struggled.  Going to fly the Spark this weekend for the first time, weather permitting.  Wife will be my spotter.  I screwed up on the model number, as you wlll see in the title of the video.  I blame my advancing age!

https://vimeo.com/272661508

Nice! Keep practicing!
2018-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules