Test follow MTB with Litchi
1603 9 2018-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob.01A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 128888 ft
Netherlands

This morning I went to a MTB track to test the follow function with Litchi.

On there site :

Altitude Reference (Power-on Elevation/Mobile Device Elevation - Power-on Elevation by default): When set to Power-on Elevation, the aircraft will fly at the altitude set relative to the elevation where the aircraft was powered on. When set to Mobile device elevation, the aircraft will fly at the altitude set relative to the mobile device elevation which means it will continuously adjust its altitude as the subject moves up or down in altitude (for example if the subject moves up a hill). Mobile Device Elevation is only available if your mobile device has a pressure sensor.
Important When using Mobile Device Elevation, Litchi expects you to start the Follow session with a power-on elevation similar to the mobile device's current elevation. If the aircraft is already in the air, ensure that it was powered on at an elevation similar to the mobile device's current elevation.

I was impressed

2018-5-27
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very impressive, indeed!  (Both Litchi and rider skill).... But how would Litchi handle an unintentional endo upon decent? ;-)
2018-5-27
Use props
Rob.01A
Second Officer
Netherlands

WebParrot Posted at 2018-5-27 03:51
Very impressive, indeed!  (Both Litchi and rider skill).... But how would Litchi handle an unintentional endo upon decent? ;-)

Thanks, not sure if I want to test that
2018-5-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work!      
2018-5-27
Use props
Neliusspies
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2151526 ft
Nauru

Nice video
2018-5-27
Use props
Rob.01A
Second Officer
Netherlands

thanks, I was curious if the tracking system would work if it was claimed
2018-5-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice test
2018-5-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Honestly, that video left me impressed, but dizzy at the same time... In many instances the drone seems to lose tracking, overshoot/undershoot the tracked subject, and the camera movements were very jarring in many instances... When using subject tracking using DJI GO 4, DJI drones tend to dampen and smooth out drone and gimbal movements to generate a smoother image, and also tend to do a better job at centring the subject than what I saw in this video...

My two cents...
2018-5-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rob.01A Posted at 2018-5-27 10:05
thanks, I was curious if the tracking system would work if it was claimed

Sure looks like it!   
2018-5-27
Use props
Rob.01A
Second Officer
Netherlands

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-5-27 12:35
Honestly, that video left me impressed, but dizzy at the same time... In many instances the drone seems to lose tracking, overshoot/undershoot the tracked subject, and the camera movements were very jarring in many instances... When using subject tracking using DJI GO 4, DJI drones tend to dampen and smooth out drone and gimbal movements to generate a smoother image, and also tend to do a better job at centring the subject than what I saw in this video...

My two cents...

Yes you're right but DJI is using active tracking and will not descend when you go down the hill.
It's working perfect when you on a flat road.
This follow mode on Litchi is set in this test on location of the smartphone. Just to see if it's working
2018-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules