Ok, is this a malfunction?
515 5 2018-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daddy6466
lvl.2

Almost every time I fly I get a compass error. Re calibrated compass and IMU numerous times. Compass failure and atti mode at least 50% of flights.
792F8EB5-D22E-4720-97F4-18C37CBB82CD.jpeg
2018-5-27
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2

Should I send it in for warranty?
2018-5-27
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

"You can view the current compass interference in the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" --> "Sensors" section of DJI GO. The colored bars should be in the green (Excellent) range when the Mavic is in a location that is away from magnetic influences. If the bars are in the red (Poor) range or close to it, move the Mavic to a different location and check again. If the compass interference is still in the red (Poor) range or close to it, the compass could need calibrated or it could be magnetized/damaged."

Also, you should check how that bar goes if you move gimbal up/down. Let us know
2018-5-27
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-27 10:35
"You can view the current compass interference in the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" --> "Sensors" section of DJI GO. The colored bars should be in the green (Excellent) range when the Mavic is in a location that is away from magnetic influences. If the bars are in the red (Poor) range or close to it, move the Mavic to a different location and check again. If the compass interference is still in the red (Poor) range or close to it, the compass could need calibrated or it could be magnetized/damaged."

Also, you should check how that bar goes if you move gimbal up/down. Let us know

I always check the compass and IMU prior to flight.  Everything was green.  
2018-5-27
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

That's really weird then. I would send it in.
2018-5-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Don't risk a crash or loss of your bird. Just send it in. Better safe than sorry.
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules