Video feed lagging?
1294 4 2018-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JobenTan
New

Singapore

I was considering the mavic air but the thing is that it is on wifi so was wondering will there be video feed lag or choppy when at a certain distance? Or should I go for mavic pro with ocusync?
2018-5-27
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both and haven't noticed any lag issues with the video feed. Of course MP will attain greater distances because of the OCUSYNC tech. If you plan to fly VLOS you'll be fine with either one. When I fly the MA, I turn on airplane mode and off it goes. Thing is pretty solid up in the air as it should.
2018-5-27
Use props
JobenTan
New

Singapore

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-5-27 19:03
I have both and haven't noticed any lag issues with the video feed. Of course MP will attain greater distances because of the OCUSYNC tech. If you plan to fly VLOS you'll be fine with either one. When I fly the MA, I turn on airplane mode and off it goes. Thing is pretty solid up in the air as it should.

Oh ok great thanks for the reply. The distance is not my biggest concern but the video feed was. So will probably get the mavic air
2018-5-27
Use props
Palam Pencucuh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 645942 ft
Malaysia

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-5-27 19:03
I have both and haven't noticed any lag issues with the video feed. Of course MP will attain greater distances because of the OCUSYNC tech. If you plan to fly VLOS you'll be fine with either one. When I fly the MA, I turn on airplane mode and off it goes. Thing is pretty solid up in the air as it should.

Great tips, as i dint turn airplane mode usually.
2018-5-27
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

If you fly at place with WiFi or radio interference around MA may have connection issues. Or the video range will be reduced.
2018-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules