Can't Fly
859 9 2018-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RamonB
New

I have the Spark and Mavic Pro/Air. I last flew them 2 weeks ago. Today, 5/27, tried to fly again (Mode 2) but neither of the drones would respond. The controllers pair with the appropriate aircraft. I use Iphone 7s. The screen on all three drones say I'm ready to fly but when I push the throttle nothing happens. Turned off/on both controller and drone several times but nothing happens. So with the Spark I tried WiFi as instructed on the app. So I go to my settings and it asks for my password (which is on the drone). Nope, I get a response that it is the wrong password. Kinda frustrating.

2018-5-27
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

are you trying to connect to all three drones at once?
2018-5-28
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft

You said spark and a mp and also a air. three in all right? Three very different machines but,  per each one are they connected to your phone or rc?  you said yes and then said spark had wrong password.  That tells me that you was not connected to it.  You did say  all ok and you pushed the throttle? so what is the throttle? by hand you need to arm it with two sticks to start motors  then can raise it  with one sick, but takes  two sticks to start motors. ( motors running) .   I now reread and see you had the wrong password and yes that will do it but will not tell you its ready to fly like you said. also BTW the rc uses wifi also. so if you are using the RC or phone are you connecting to the ritght one? If you said all was good but wrong password will not connect.  I would think that you was connecting to another and not the one your flying but something is not right and its not the drones.

Hey you did say that the drones were paired with the RC but gave throttle and nothing happened.  Just a stupid thought is like I said arm the motors witch takes two sticks to arm and or start it up then you can use in mode 2 the left stick to lift off. and also you never said if the motors ever started and think they never was and you was trying to lift off.

Sorry as am very sick and also tired but had to try to be of some help as many on hear has helped me so much I feel I owe and want to try to help so please do not get mad as I have helped some before but from learning from many hear.   Will say please read the manuels again and good. Hope all will be good for you.
2018-5-28
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Do a Wifi Reset for each Drone and install them again 1 by 1

You will find the Wifi and Password under the Battery Compartment on your Drone

(Dont use the Wifi / Password on the Box - As if it is a Refurbishment they won't match)

Turn on the Spark or other Drone, hold button for 9 Seconds until you hear 3 Beeps -

2018-5-28
Use props
RamonB
New

nmac Posted at 2018-5-28 02:08
You said spark and a mp and also a air. three in all right? Three very different machines but,  per each one are they connected to your phone or rc?  you said yes and then said spark had wrong password.  That tells me that you was not connected to it.  You did say  all ok and you pushed the throttle? so what is the throttle? by hand you need to arm it with two sticks to start motors  then can raise it  with one sick, but takes  two sticks to start motors. ( motors running) .   I now reread and see you had the wrong password and yes that will do it but will not tell you its ready to fly like you said. also BTW the rc uses wifi also. so if you are using the RC or phone are you connecting to the ritght one? If you said all was good but wrong password will not connect.  I would think that you was connecting to another and not the one your flying but something is not right and its not the drones.

Hey you did say that the drones were paired with the RC but gave throttle and nothing happened.  Just a stupid thought is like I said arm the motors witch takes two sticks to arm and or start it up then you can use in mode 2 the left stick to lift off. and also you never said if the motors ever started and think they never was and you was trying to lift off.

I'm a dumbass as I forgot to arm the motors. That was it!
2018-5-28
Use props
RamonB
New

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-28 02:25
Do a Wifi Reset for each Drone and install them again 1 by 1

You will find the Wifi and Password under the Battery Compartment on your Drone

Actually I tried that but I kept getting the error message that it was the incorrect password. Absolutely true that the code on the box is absolutely worthless.
BUT DUH, I forgot to arm the motors. Brain lock
2018-5-28
Use props
RamonB
New

dj_dread Posted at 2018-5-28 00:11
are you trying to connect to all three drones at once?

Oh Heavens no. When one wouldn't work, I tried each one at a time. Tried pwd reset, yadayada, all knds of things. Thanks for the reply but I'm a dumb dude for not arming the motors...that worked.
2018-5-28
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Actually this is very normal in SPARK drones. You have win over trust in SPARK by doing a trial and error method.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for the response and for the DJI video link as well.
2018-5-28
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft

Many are excited and in a hurry to get in the air but that can lead to trouble, so please reread and learn as much as you can and do not be in a hurry and check all before flying.  Many on hear have good tips so look through this site. You will thank yourself in the long run.  

DMX_MT  sent good info on password but there are two... one for phone app and also the RC.

Good luck and be safe.
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules