Would like an answer
864 13 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OrthoDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 246342 ft
United States

I would like to know how to get simple answers for issues regarding my drone repair.

A very brief summary of what has occurred so far:

1). Mavic Pro purchased in February began having obstacle avoidance and VPS issues in early April - they simply were not working

2). after researching this, I tried to use DJI 2 assistant to mrecalobrate, but received repeated errors when connecting and it always came down to a reboot drone error.

3). In last ditch effort to solve problem before seeking warranty service, I tried correcting the problem in DJI GO 4 APP, but was not able to resolve obstacle avoidence and VPS PROBLEM

4). On last attempt in DJI GO 4 use to try and correct problem, I CRASHED THE DRONE!  simple, I CRASHED THE DRONE.   I owned up to it, and accept it was MY FAULT.  no problems right?

5). Opened repair case, explained above, asked for warranty service to repair obstacle avoidance and VPS issue, and requested NON-WARRANTY repair of crash damage (again, accept responsibility). Simple right?

6). Repair assessment comes back with $569 worth of materials and NO EXPLANATION.  This includes a core board at over $280.  Thinking it was a simple question, I emailed asking for an explanation of reason for need for core board replacement -
    1) is core board defective from crash damage?
    2) is core board defective because of failure from obstacle avoidance and VPS - A PRE-EXISTING CONDITION and I would think a warranty item.

I do NOT get an explanation, what I get is a canned response stating that if I am claiming warranty service I must download flight records and such.  

MY QUESTION WAS NOT ANSWERED.

7). I  call the service number and explain the whole thing.  The operator was very pleasant and repeated everything back to me and put me on hold for a few minutes only to come back and tell me the case has been forwarded to the appropriate department and I must follow the directions in the email they sent.

AGAIN, MY QUESTION WAS NOT ANSWERED.

8). I follow directions in the email for CRASH WARRANTY SERVICE (not what I’m trying to claim mind you) and in detail explain the whole thing.....  AGAIN,  and send it off.  I include my clarification that all damage resulting from the CRASH - I accept as my responsibility.  I also state that any repairs relating to faulty OBSTACLE AVOIDENCE AND VPS should probably be WARRANTY issue.

9). A short time later I received another (automated?) response stating that the warranty request would be denied since they determined the crash resulted from operator error.  OK, I ALREADY SAID THAT I CRASHED THE DRONE. But:

MY QUESTION WAS NOT ANSWERED!

————————

So, here I am.
My questions here:

How do I get an answer from the repair center?
Specifically, WHY DOES THE CONTROL BOARD NEED REPLACEMENT?
  If it’s for a malfunction of the obstacle avoidance and VPS, THIS SHOULD BE REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY, right?
  If there is crash damage to the board, then STATE IT, and I guess it’s my burden since I ADMIT I CRASHED THE DRONE - IM NOT DISPUTING THIS!

BUT FOR THIS MUCH MONEY ON A REPAIR, I THINK I SHOULD GET A MORE DETAILED EXPLANATION AND NOT BE JAMMED AT EVERY TURN!

suggestions?
2018-5-28
Use props
OrthoDrone
lvl.2
United States

Additional info - CAS-1767015-X3J0H0

And to clarify once again:

1). I accept the costs relating to crash damage

2). Any and all items which relate to faulty “obstacle avoidance and VPS” should be repaired under warranty

An explanation of determination of damage versus malfunction is something I think is at least appropriate.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, have you contacted our support for the VPS issue before the crash? If yes, please tell us how do you contact our support and PM us your phone number/email address, we'd like to check the exact status and help you out.
2018-5-28
Use props
OrthoDrone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-28 04:55
Sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, have you contacted our support for the VPS issue before the crash? If yes, please tell us how do you contact our support and PM us your phone number/email address, we'd like to check the exact status and help you out.

I do not recall formally contacting the support service when I first noticed the OA and VPS out.  I was trying to see if it was something I could resolve myself when I crashed the drone.  

I did search the forums at the time, and found an almost identical post with what appeared to be the exact same problem, but I’m having trouble locating that post.  It was that post and other info I found  that lead me to the DJI Assistant 2 program, which took quite some time to install on my computer, but that is a different issue.  I located several posts and I think a YouTube video addressing issues with OA and VPS and these were what motivated me to try and solve/recalibrate the OA and VPS before the crash.  Mainly trying to turn off/on OA and VPS in the GO 4 APP, and make sure all firmware was UTD, restarting, etc.

Thank you for your reply and efforts!
2018-5-28
Use props
djiuser_qSqZkvIwGnDx
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-28 04:55

Hi im sending my mavic pro for gimbal issue should i send the rc remote ?
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_qSqZkvIwGnDx Posted at 2018-5-28 16:43
Hi im sending my mavic pro for gimbal issue should i send the rc remote ?

If the RC works fine, no need to send in the RC, but you will need to link the RC when you get the drone back.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OrthoDrone Posted at 2018-5-28 05:24
I do not recall formally contacting the support service when I first noticed the OA and VPS out.  I was trying to see if it was something I could resolve myself when I crashed the drone.  

I did search the forums at the time, and found an almost identical post with what appeared to be the exact same problem, but I’m having trouble locating that post.  It was that post and other info I found  that lead me to the DJI Assistant 2 program, which took quite some time to install on my computer, but that is a different issue.  I located several posts and I think a YouTube video addressing issues with OA and VPS and these were what motivated me to try and solve/recalibrate the OA and VPS before the crash.  Mainly trying to turn off/on OA and VPS in the GO 4 APP, and make sure all firmware was UTD, restarting, etc.

Since you didn't contact our support channel to report the VPS issue, I'm afraid it is hard to verify the issue persists before the accident. But your concern about the high price and the request of more specific explanation of the damaged parts will be escalated to the appropriate team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-5-28
Use props
OrthoDrone
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for the answer.

With regards to the pre-existence of the condition, I guess the fact I would have no way of knowing this after the crash doesn’t play into it?  Once damaged, the drone could no longer fly; how would I be able to make the determination of faulty landings with a defective VPS, or that the obstacle avoidence wasn’t working?

Also, since you have all of my flight data, would it not be possible to look at the drone landings before the crash and see how it no longer did normal decent until 2-3 feet off the ground, stop, and then slowly land?  It’s all right there for your analysis.

Pthank you!
2018-5-29
Use props
OrthoDrone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-28 19:11
Since you didn't contact our support channel to report the VPS issue, I'm afraid it is hard to verify the issue persists before the accident. But your concern about the high price and the request of more specific explanation of the damaged parts will be escalated to the appropriate team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

So yesterday I received an email stating a supervisor would be in contact with me within 48h by either email or telephone, and about an hour later I received an email which simply restated the original email I received with a list of items needing to be repaired.   They both had different CAS numbers, and now I don’t know if this was the contact I was expecting or not??

Please clarify

On another note, how do I confirm/update my contact information?  
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OrthoDrone Posted at 2018-5-29 22:03
So yesterday I received an email stating a supervisor would be in contact with me within 48h by either email or telephone, and about an hour later I received an email which simply restated the original email I received with a list of items needing to be repaired.   They both had different CAS numbers, and now I don’t know if this was the contact I was expecting or not??

Please clarify

Sorry for the confusion, CAS-1844906-G2F5T8 is the new case which we escalated to the higher team to review, please ignore the quotation temporarily and our supervisor will reach out to you soon about the further resolution.
If you would like to change your contact info, please contact the support team to modify in our system. Thank you.
2018-5-30
Use props
OrthoDrone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-30 22:56
Sorry for the confusion, CAS-1844906-G2F5T8 is the new case which we escalated to the higher team to review, please ignore the quotation temporarily and our supervisor will reach out to you soon about the further resolution.
If you would like to change your contact info, please contact the support team to modify in our system. Thank you.

Info updated and awaiting contact, thank you!
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OrthoDrone Posted at 2018-5-31 13:42
Info updated and awaiting contact, thank you!

Glad to know that, hope the issue will get sorted out soon, please keep us updated if you need any further assistance.
2018-5-31
Use props
OrthoDrone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-31 19:46
Glad to know that, hope the issue will get sorted out soon, please keep us updated if you need any further assistance.

Well, after many attempts I was finally able to speak to a supervisor or manager.  An agreement was worked out and a new or refurbished drone was returned.

Now I am having problem with the drone regarding an error involving “CPU overload” error while flying.  I have not been able to find a solution on the forums, but have seen others reporting a similar problem, can anybody post a link to the solution?
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OrthoDrone Posted at 2018-6-10 15:23
Well, after many attempts I was finally able to speak to a supervisor or manager.  An agreement was worked out and a new or refurbished drone was returned.

Now I am having problem with the drone regarding an error involving “CPU overload” error while flying.  I have not been able to find a solution on the forums, but have seen others reporting a similar problem, can anybody post a link to the solution?

Is it 'Mobile device CUP fully loaded'? If yes, this prompt will pop up when the CPU of the mobile device is fully loaded, what mobile device are you using? What is the current APP version? Please prevent the mobile device from the sunlight with a sunshade or monitor hood to see if the error persist.
2018-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules