200m away, Spark loosing connection, GPS and compass, all on same...
123Next >
3792 87 2018-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 500597 ft
Sweden

S.J Posted at 2018-5-30 10:58
i think it is high time the RTH needs a hard wire when the battery hits the low % mark so that there is no excuse that the pilot made an error.
All inputs must be disabled while RTH is in action to prove each case from any user intervention.

...but if GPS is lost during RTH? Is is still the best?
2018-5-31
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

ThomasLydhig Posted at 2018-5-31 02:06
”How exactly is the Spark losing GPS lock, when the display clearly shows a ton of satellites and strong signal a fault of the pilot??”

Yes, that’s my question too. And I can’t understand how this can be my fault? What should I do to avoid this? Or is it a fault in hardware or software of the Spark?

I think there's a problem with the .900 firmware plain and simple. Its happened to too many people, in too many different places to be anything else.
2018-5-31
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

ThomasLydhig Posted at 2018-5-30 13:44
You are probably 100% right. Others in the forums say you are.

1. I am new to drones and new to this forum.

DJI says that the maximum distance in Europe is 300m with the Spark. I have lost control of the drone at 320m-250m. In both cases the drone has returned home alone without problems. So far I have only flown in areas where the message "Unpaved Airport" appeared. It is possible that in these cases the application limits in some way the signal and the period of the flight, for more security. On two occasions I have flown up to 15% battery and the batteries have entered hibernation mode. That's why I said that flying with 0% battery seems impossible. Maybe in the United States this is possible, but here in Europe there are more restrictions.
2018-5-31
Use props
fans812df717
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1092280 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-30 04:09
Nothing to add, as usual Aurelian is - 100% RIGHT !

I agree, you flew to the limit in this case, still does not explain behavior of Spark though, rapidly changing directions. Having said that, I believe Spark has a serious problem by having yaw errors, speed errors, compass errors etc. Here's a link to my flight a few month ago where Spark starts drifting and I was fighting the winds in ATTI mode to not my copter. Luckily, I could recover and land. I was not so lucky a month later where same issues occurred and I sank Spark into the ocean...... See for yourself, no pilot errors!

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/D7F3A1NP8J8T9Q7FUGW7/
2018-5-31
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

fans812df717 Posted at 2018-5-31 07:19
I agree, you flew to the limit in this case, still does not explain behavior of Spark though, rapidly changing directions. Having said that, I believe Spark has a serious problem by having yaw errors, speed errors, compass errors etc. Here's a link to my flight a few month ago where Spark starts drifting and I was fighting the winds in ATTI mode to not my copter. Luckily, I could recover and land. I was not so lucky a month later where same issues occurred and I sank Spark into the ocean...... See for yourself, no pilot errors!

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/D7F3A1NP8J8T9Q7FUGW7/

during wind issues lower the altitude to have a lower wind resistance .
2018-6-1
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

ThomasLydhig Posted at 2018-5-31 02:35
...but if GPS is lost during RTH? Is is still the best?

GPS may be lost only when you are flying very low altitude
2018-6-1
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

S.J Posted at 2018-6-1 01:48
during wind issues lower the altitude to have a lower wind resistance .

It was flying low and there were no wind to travel my Spark in the direktions it did.
2018-6-1
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

S.J Posted at 2018-6-1 01:49
GPS may be lost only when you are flying very low altitude

What facts are behind this sentence?
2018-6-1
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

ThomasLydhig Posted at 2018-5-31 00:15
I still can’t upload to phantomhelp.

But here are a dropbox link to my file:

Thomas,
This is not the file to upload to the PhantomHelp website.  The name of the file you are looking to upload would be named very similar to the following, but with the date/time stamp of your flight:   DJIFlightRecord_2018-05-25_[15-33-10].txt

2018-6-1
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

ThomasLydhig Posted at 2018-5-31 02:06
”How exactly is the Spark losing GPS lock, when the display clearly shows a ton of satellites and strong signal a fault of the pilot??”

Yes, that’s my question too. And I can’t understand how this can be my fault? What should I do to avoid this? Or is it a fault in hardware or software of the Spark?

DJI's navigation system needs a fully functioning Compass and GPS system for it to function correctly.  If one of those two systems isn't working correctly, then it will drop into ATTI mode so that the pilot can take control and fly the aircraft to a safe landing zone.

In your case, it doesn't appear to be the GPS that was experiencing the problem, but rather it was having Compass problems.  In your video, you can see that the first message that pops up is "Warning: Compass Error. Exit P-GPS mode".  It is this compass error that causes it to jump out of GPS mode and into ATTI mode where it is ignoring all GPS data.

The compass error can be caused by actual magnetic interference from your takeoff location or something close to your flight path.  It can also potentially be a hardware/software error.  I have seen lots of instances in this forum where it could be either of these.

In cases where users have lost their aircraft when the aircraft has been flying for a period of time and is some distance away and up in the air when it experiences a compass error, it seems like DJI has quite frequently replaced their missing aircraft under warranty.  This is not always the case though.

I think we would all be very interested to see your actual logs on the PhantomHelp log viewer to see if there is anything that could be learned from them.
2018-6-1
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

KlooGee Posted at 2018-6-1 05:28
DJI's navigation system needs a fully functioning Compass and GPS system for it to function correctly.  If one of those two systems isn't working correctly, then it will drop into ATTI mode so that the pilot can take control and fly the aircraft to a safe landing zone.

In your case, it doesn't appear to be the GPS that was experiencing the problem, but rather it was having Compass problems.  In your video, you can see that the first message that pops up is "Warning: Compass Error. Exit P-GPS mode".  It is this compass error that causes it to jump out of GPS mode and into ATTI mode where it is ignoring all GPS data.

I will try to upload the correct file during weekend.

And you understand compleatly what I want out of this. I want to learn.

Is it a user error?

Is is an error that could be avoided/corrected by other actions by me?

Is it a software error? Will DJI correct it?

Is it a hardware error? If so it’s better to repair/replace the drone BEFORE I lose it. (I don’t want to my Spark to fly away and get a new on warranty, as some asume I want...). It’s much easier to have drone in hand and say it’s malfunktioning, but then I need to know that this is the fact)

Thanks for your answer!
2018-6-1
Use props
djiuser_bC5M8YoiYr6N
lvl.2
Hungary

MKPSG12 Posted at 2018-5-29 23:34
This error and then 'fly-away' has been happening far too much and all around the world for it to be a coincidence/user error. I experienced it myself and its nerve-wracking to say the least. I'm convinced its a problem with the .900 firmware and i've rolled mine back to .701. No problems since, thankfully. I can't recall seeing this 'cascade' of errors before the .900 update.

Due to the growing problem, I also put back the .00701 firmware and the GO app. Version 4.15 (here is OTG). I think the compass module is defective and it starts a crash that the current firmware does not handle properly and this will lead to the drone escape.
2018-6-2
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

ThomasLydhig Posted at 2018-6-1 08:13
I will try to upload the correct file during weekend.

And you understand compleatly what I want out of this. I want to learn.

Finally I got datas on Phontomhelp. Sorry for the delay.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/I18WFUGIDC1MEJ09Z9P0/
2018-6-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Thomas,

Many many errors. Best to return home after the first Exit P GPS warning.
RTH mode did work but because of many errors could not find the right direction home (just about 30 degrees offset so no to bad...)

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2018-6-3
Use props
djiuser_Mmi30DgmC7wa
Captain

glad you find your spark back
2018-6-3
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-3 03:43
Hi Thomas,

Many many errors. Best to return home after the first Exit P GPS warning.

Thanks alot for your analyze.

Main errors I got was:
1.Command Failed
2.Command Timeout
3.Compass Error
4.Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode
5.In Flight, working IMU encounters heading exception,please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally
6.Weak GPS signal. Positional accuracy may be compromised. Please fly with caution.
7.Yaw Error

What exactly means YAW-error?

But at what time do you think I should try to go home manually? I think I lost control compleatly at 11:29,6... After that the AC tried to do RTH and started fly in different directions. I just had some control in the end of the flight...
But at what stage/time do you think that I should have tried to return home manually?
2018-6-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

ThomasLydhig Posted at 2018-6-3 05:05
Thanks alot for your analyze.

Main errors I got was:

Hi Thomas,

At my ID 3794 back in GPS mode after the first exit to ATTI.

At ID 4652 drone almost heading to home, pitch forward bu very slowly ; guess much head-wind.
Home hdg 272.

At 4915 (20 sesc later) you pictch aft, home heading now 250. so its drifing away.
But still in control as all the RC input has the right follow up by the drone.

IMO still possible to fly home, mayby engage sport mode and fully fwd is the home heading is correct.
(use the compass left corner in the app).

at 5176 right yaw ; from 328 to 105 degrees in 6 seconds, still in control.

at 5486 full fwd in sport mode, drone pitched down thus in control but moved 212, home hdg 317.
(see chart)

at 5460 full down, height from 110 to 21 mtr with steady distance 73 meter. Still in control.

at 6023 full fwd, drone pitched down , speed increase. heading home now 010, drome hdg 221 and moving 207. Full in control.

Rest of the flight...lost connection few times (low alt and far), GoHome did work had to deal with with some yaw and speed errors.

Drone back to ATTI, still in control, you choose to fly lower. Batt runs out so end of flight.

Apart from the disconnections at the end your were always in control. Drone reacted at your RC inputs. So IMO you made the wrong choices. Happily you have found your drone!

Cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2018-6-3
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-3 06:45
Hi Thomas,

At my ID 3794 back in GPS mode after the first exit to ATTI.

I wonder what analyzes tool you use, but found out that you are the developer for this software! Is it free? Where can I find it?

I’m a rookie to drones, so maybe I made wrong desitions. I interested to know WHAT I made wrong...

Some facts so I understand:
1.  AC lost contact with gps sats 7 times 79 sec during the flight. - not my fault. Or?
2. I lost connection to the AC at only 200m away. AC lost it longer than 10s so it iniated a RTH. - not my fault?
3. I tried to abort the RTH, to get control over the AC
4. AC started to move in different directions. From start, then RTH was first enabled, I’m 100% sure that the only thing I did was try to cancel RTH and the the AC flew in wrong direction, after that I don’t remeber what I did...

1. Is this a common problem that AC loses gps (and compass)? Is it common for alld DJI drones or is it more Spark? Is it firmware or is it hardware?
2. How far away do you think it’s sage to fly a Spark? 200m, 300m.
3. Spark was using 5.8 Ghz mode that have a shorter range. Would it be better to use 2.4 Ghz instead?

/Thomas Lydhig, Sweden/Europe

2018-6-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

ThomasLydhig Posted at 2018-6-3 09:30
I wonder what analyzes tool you use, but found out that you are the developer for this software! Is it free? Where can I find it?

I’m a rookie to drones, so maybe I made wrong desitions. I interested to know WHAT I made wrong...

Thomas,

1. You did not loose GPS contact, yaw errors disable the use of GPS in the drone. You started with 9, 11 is a minimum to have a good gps usage.
2. Nope, RTH done by the app.
3. ok
4. well, flying with wind outside LOS is hard to do as a beginner

1. Nah, not GPS lost, Spark flying in SPORT mode with lot of yaw movements will sometimes end up in lots of errors....
2. depends on many condition, practise in open field withing 150 meters until you gain some experience.
3. Yes, but 5.8 must do 200 meters in good envirioment.

cheers
JJB
2018-6-3
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-3 11:51
Thomas,

1. You did not loose GPS contact, yaw errors disable the use of GPS in the drone. You started with 9, 11 is a minimum to have a good gps usage.

Thanks alot for your answers.

You don’t say anything about your analyze software... You haven’t made it public yet or?
2018-6-3
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-30 04:11
Just watch this and ENCOURAGE others New Pilots to start learning what -

ATTI MODE means ! Its the cause of 95% of all Flyaways ! (As Aurelian says)

That's great, now you teach me how to fly without compass, GPS, and connectivity?
Because the real problem is not the Atti mode but the loss of control.
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-6-3 12:24
That's great, now you teach me how to fly without compass, GPS, and connectivity?
Because the real problem is not the Atti mode but the loss of control.

You need to learn how to handle the ATTI by Practice.

If you lose connectivity with the Phone / Controller there is a Count Down (Can Be Set in DJI GO4 App) to make the Drone Auto RTH (Return to Homepoint).

For Controller + Phone RTH is automatically initiated 3 seconds the remote controller signal (the uplink) is lost. RTH is not initiated if only the video signal (the downlink) is lost.

For Mobile Phone only its 20 seconds after the phone signal (the uplink) is lost. RTH is not initiated if only the video signal (the downlink) is lost.

2018-6-3
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-3 14:06
You need to learn how to handle the ATTI by Practice. First of all I wasn't speaking to You.

If you lose connectivity with the Phone / Controller there is a Count Down (Can Be Set in DJI GO4 App) to make the Drone Auto RTH (Return to Homepoint).

The fact that pilots can not control the Spark and you are constantly talking about how to control it. It annoys me.

In each case, it is described that the control of the Spark crashes and the connection is interrupted. No live picture, no GPS, no response ... how to control it? it can not be controlled anyhow.

It's like I'm saying, 'I've lost the wheel of my car and could not control it, so I got an accident.' that's what you're saying to go to a management technical training and then you do not have an accident.

This post name:  200m away, Spark loosing connection, GPS and compass, all on same...

That's why I'm angry!

It is important to know the flight in Atti mode, of course ...

But there are two important things to do:
- visual contact
- working connection (RC-AC)

In these cases it is common that these are not !!!!!
Therefore, do not train them in "Atti" mode flight!

Thanks!

2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-6-3 14:45
The fact that pilots can not control the Spark and you are constantly talking about how to control it. It annoys me.

In each case, it is described that the control of the Spark crashes and the connection is interrupted. No live picture, no GPS, no response ... how to control it? it can not be controlled anyhow.

Do not train them at ATTI Mode ?

If you don't want to learn it ok, but let others learn. Some even bought Euro 50 Drones to train using ATTI as its the most important thing, when you cannot rely on the AutoPilot and GPS Positioning. Also learing to Fly in Sports Mode is a must, as its better to return home Manually than just Press RTH. But thats another Story.

Keeping Visual Contact with VLOS is also Important so if something happens you can easily Return your Drone Back, I personally am in Favour of a Spotter next to me.

2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-6-3 14:45

If you read the Comment Above you can see that is the Drone loses Connection it can be Set -

To Land
To Return Home
To Hover

Did you know this ?

You know why it didn't RTH ? You know that this Guy was Flying in Strong Wind ? And he Admitted it was his Mistake !

Why do you think here in Europe we have a Law which tell you don't fly in Bad Weather and Wind ?

Watch the Video I posted regarding the Wind Factor on another Forum, that during RTH the Drone will Struggle if the Wind Force is blowing against you.

I have a Wind Meter with me to be sure that the Wind Readings are Correct. Its is called Anemometer. Will be buying another one which connect to the Phone and gives even Direction of the Wind in Real Time.

The Best is Flying against the Wind (Moving Away from Home Point) and Returning Home Poin in the Direction the Wind is Blowing, so that you Save as Much Battery as Possible, obviously when you can. Sometime if the Positiion of the Sun is Opposite the Wind Direction, you have to check that you won't get a Big Glare. So every Situation is Different. Things are more complicated that you think. Ideally is to Fly in No Wind, so the Drone will be Stable and don't cause you any trouble.

Every Pilot finds the Ups and Downs, that why there are Average Pilots and Skilled Pilots. Its Practice and Trial and Error that makes you a Skilled Pilot.

For Pilots who are interested this is the Wind Meter I will buy -

2018-6-3
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-3 15:40
Do not train them at ATTI Mode ?

If you don't want to learn it ok, but let others learn. Some even bought Euro 50 Drones to train using ATTI as its the most important thing, when you cannot rely on the AutoPilot and GPS Positioning.

You use the word "hate". Please do not bump.
Calm down and try to understand what I've written and do not explain anything else.

I wrote that it is important to understand and practice the ATTI mode, but it does not solve the problem of the person who opened this topic.
He wrote that he had lost the compass, the GPS and the connection at the same time.
DO NOT KNOW TO CONTROL SPARK !!

Why are not you talking about this? These people (who have lost the spark to the technical problem and the reason for the cause!

Do not hate anyone who does not have one.
Open a new topic where you talk about the importance of Atti Mode.
Here we are most interested in the fact that if there is GPS in Spark then why it has changed to ATTI mode.

Be sure to concentrate on the first post and not blame the pilot.

It is clear now that there is a weird technical error here, but there are still a lot of comments that the pilot is faulty because he has gone too far or why he did not calibrate the compass (an expert says he does not need it until he asks to calibrate) ... bla..bla ...

You will also teach the pilot if he decides to know what he is doing.

You ignored what I wrote:
- in this case there was no VLOS
- in this case there was no RC-AC connection

In the absence of these, there is no pilot master who brings home the drone

Then why are you coming with ATTI flight?

Lastly, please do not ignore the facts and do not mix emotions.

Sincerely, G.J.
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

If you read my comments you can find the answer on VLOS and when the AC disconnects with the RC.

We are having a discussion here if you don't agree with me it's ok.
2018-6-3
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-3 16:30
If you read my comments you can find the answer on VLOS and when the AC disconnects with the RC.

We are having a discussion here  if you don't agree with me it's ok.

You use strong words: hate, aggressive, stronger people ...
Why are you so frustrated?

The first post describes a man who has unexpectedly lost contact and could not control it.
You all have been accused of all sorts of accusations against the 25th, ignoring his facts.
He replied in the 26th post just again explaining that he was a technologist, but not his fault that the connection was lost.

It does not interest the commentators because they want to prove that the wind is wrong and the pilot, but the spark is not ...

Everybody  blame him... read it back
In the 7th post you agreed that this was his fault, you ignored the facts (they have a similar mistake with many, they do not want compensation for their own spark, they could not control it, bla..bla)

However, in the last 2 weeks, a dozen similar failures have been written on this and other forums ...Instead of a logical conclusion, you stick to your preconception
Let's not go beyond logical facts.

I congratulate the wind meter.

2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Comment after comment I answer you and you jump onto something else.
What's your problem ?

If you are unhappy in buying these products, thats your problem.

I am Happy with DJI Products.

2018-6-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

ThomasLydhig Posted at 2018-6-3 12:00
Thanks alot for your answers.

You don’t say anything about your analyze software... You haven’t made it public yet or?

Yes, it is made public on here (search FARP)

Soon a update version (Windows only) on here, so stay tuned
2018-6-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi all,

Wish there was a section on here were people fight with words about dis-agree-ing wich each other! Does not help newbie drone flyers with there questions and mis-haps.
So don`t do it and keep to the facts and try to help others witch advices and stuff to think about, no hars judgements please.

In Dutch we have the saying "wie de schoen past trekke hem aan". Mayby google translate will do a good job on that.

cheers
JJB
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-3 22:53
Hi all,

Wish there was a section on here were people fight with words about dis-agree-ing wich each other! Does not help newbie drone flyers with there questions and mis-haps.

JJB,

In a Forum people may agree and also disagree with each other. That why it is a 'Discussion'.

If this Guy was disagreeing with me, he had 100% Right to do so, and I am always willing to discuss. I didn't feel in any way offended. That's Life. Its impossible that everyone agrees with each other.

But then... There is a Way how you Share your Opinion. If you don't agree with me its ok, but don't resort in calling names and expressing unnecessary anger for nothing ! Just show your point and back it up with facts whenever possible. Thats is what I call a 'Constructive Discussion'. Criticism helps people grow stronger, accepting it, noticing where they made a mistake, correct it and move forward. Not backwards !

If you post a Comment and I don't agree with you, I have a say to tell you where I don't agree. This Forum is not a Cyber-Heaven, here we find frustrated people, sad people who lost their drones, others who show anger (which can be justified too if they tried their best and still lost their drone).

After all we all have different opinions, we are free to express our opinions. The final judgement is for the User to like or not like.

To keep this short, JJB 'PLEASE' get down to Earth. If in Netherlands a Discussion means to always 'Agree' with each other you are living in a Fantasy World. Even if there was a guy who disagreed with my comment I answer him back. I find no problem, unless he isn't a Time Waster, who is disagreeing just for the FUN of It.

JJB, most, do not need others to tell what to say or not to say on this Forum. You think you are Superior than others ? If think you are a Genius, well good for you. If you wanted to post your comment to try to make fun of me, no problem with that. You can make fun of me how much you like.

I will just Thank You for making your Point.

2018-6-4
Use props
ThomasLydhig
lvl.2
Sweden

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-4 01:11
JJB,

I agree with you, though not 100%.

I must admit, that I got a little confused by the tone after submitting my problem in this forum. I hade to read what I wrote several times to understand what I did to get this tone. My conclusion was I critizised SPARK. That’s what I think made to many say ”100% pilot error”.

I like to test new technology and very often do. And therefore I also know that new technology almost come with flaws and unexpected behavior. I AM SUPERIMPRESSED BY ALL TECHNOLOGY THAT ARE BUILT IN IN ONE OF THE CHEAPEST DJI DRONES!

I have read about DJI Spark safetyfeatures and how the RTH could save your AC. I understand problems with RTH due to obstacls what could be in the way and make RTH unimpossible...

But I couldn’t in my wildest dreams think of situations there GPS will stop working in a middle of a flight. I started to use GPS 1996, when it was 100m error filter on all time and batteries was drained in zero time. The last 10 years I use GPS for sailing and car navigation. During this years I have not lost gps signals one second during use, on Garmin, Tomtom and Appledevices. GPS is a proven stable technology today. Spark uses 2 different gps system at the same time. It must even been better!

From start, 4 weeks ago, I have problems with lost videolink and controllink even at distance of 30m, out in countryside. Therefore I thought I make test on a big open field there it’s easy to spot the Spark safe if it craches, and no obstacles for RTH and even possible find it in low green grass. When I made the testrun, just 200m, away I first lost contact, and after some seconds I got the message RTH, I tried csncel, but the AC flew away, in wrong direction, at high speed, I tried to press pause on RC to cancel, instead the AC started fly in a new direction, also wrong. At the same time I got a flow of error messages about gps, compass etc. My only thought was to get it as close to me again.
Probably I made many wrong decistions. But Spark is a beginnersdrone. It has many safetyfeatures builtin. It thould make me safe. But after this incident I feel scared to use it. My major purpose for it is using during sailing on the ocean. But one little GPS drop and the drone is in deep ocean.

So key issue, what is wrong (except for the pilot ;-)
1. Hardware? Wifi could be overloaded, but GPS can’t be overused.
2. Firmware problems?
3. DJI GO 4 problem?

2018-6-4
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-3 22:53
Hi all,

Wish there was a section on here were people fight with words about dis-agree-ing wich each other! Does not help newbie drone flyers with there questions and mis-haps.

JJB is right.
There is no need for intense emotions, words that are hate, aggressive, who are stronger ...
There is a dry logical fact. Everyone adds something to their knowledge and gets closer to the root of the problem.
To the problem, why will the little funny Spark be uncontrollable?

the following are the facts:

- It is not advisable to fly in strong winds
- If it does work properly, it may have a strong slice:
- It's not advisable to fly far
- If you work properly, you can not fly too far: https: //www.youtube.com/watch? V = xqwNSY_4XSk
- For most people, everything works okay
- Are there any cases (more and more, new firmware?)
- These cases are obviously technical errors (multiple errors occur and crash)
- Spark (engineers) does not handle the loss of the compass and the IMU goes crazy.

- We look for the cause and do not accuse him because he does not help
-We do not bother newcomers, just because we used to be here
- We do not get angry if somebody does not agree
- We do not lose sight of finding the solution to this problem.

Hi. G. J.
2018-6-4
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

ThomasLydhig Posted at 2018-6-4 03:10
I must admit, that I got a little confused by the tone after submitting my problem in this forum. I hade to read what I wrote several times to understand what I did to get this tone. My conclusion was I critizised SPARK. That’s what I think made to many say ”100% pilot error”.

I like to test new technology and very often do. And therefore I also know that new technology almost come with flaws and unexpected behavior. I AM SUPERIMPRESSED BY ALL TECHNOLOGY THAT ARE BUILT IN IN ONE OF THE CHEAPEST DJI DRONES!

Hi Thomas,

Don`t give up, practise and enjoy flying your drone.

Get familiar with the little compass bottem left in the GoApp. Learn how to use that! It will "bring" (well, you still have to rock the sticks) your drone back even if the video link Drone>RC>phone is disconnected.
Make a checklist * before and after take-off, always us that before flying away from the homepoint.

* minimum 11 sats to fly* after take off, fly left,back,right,back etc.. Turn 360 left / right and check compass
* homepoint recorded?
* carefull flying Sports mode with heavy YAW movements ( imo Spark is quite sensitive to that for YAW errors...)
* and many more ofcourse....

see : https://forum.dji.com/thread-144696-1-1.html

cheers
JJB

2018-6-4
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

ThomasLydhig Posted at 2018-6-4 03:10

Thomas this isn't a Problem that you alone are experiencing. Lets make it Clear.

Here in Europe we have many problems, like the WIFI connecting to the Spark. The CE Mode is one of them.

I posted a lot on this issue, where FCC Mode has so much more Power and Coverage. Like you I like to be safe and you are 100% right to be worried as I am sometimes worried too. This does not mean doing Record Breaking Distances as here in Europe its not Legal. So still everyone need to obey his Country Laws. Being sure you have a Good 'Strong' Connection means Peace of Mind for everyone.

I think if you fly on Water best to check the 'Spark Floating Kit'. I bought it myself just in case. I don't want to lose the Drone in the Sea.

Every piece of Technology has Bugs and Issues, overall the Spark is a good drone and well worth the money in my opinion, though Precaution must be taken.

Keep it always in VLOS (Line of Sight) so just in case something happens you have Plan 'B' which is an Emergency Landing Spot so you can run to retrieve your drone. Like that you will play safe.

2018-6-4
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-4 03:21
Hi Thomas,

Don`t give up, practise and enjoy flying your drone.

JJB if you are interested in these posts and trying to teach, you can read Comment #8 and see that you are repeating what others have already said.

Cheers.
2018-6-4
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-6-4 03:13
JJB is right.
There is no need for intense emotions, words that are hate, aggressive, who are stronger ...
There is a dry logical fact. Everyone adds something to their knowledge and gets closer to the root of the problem.

If you are angry, with the DJI Product, no worries, tell this matter to DJI Support. No one is holding you from doing so.

Why don't you go complain to DJI ?

2018-6-4
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-6-4 03:13
JJB is right.

Who was talking to you ?

2018-6-4
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-4 03:50
Again you post in Comment #61.

''That's great, now you teach me how to fly without compass, GPS, and connectivity?

Hi DMX_MT,

As i said to you I never make fun about people.
So have not got any clue where and how i make FUN about you.
If you find that txt please inform me.

Cheers
JJB
2018-6-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules