P4P+ >Cannot update firmware.
681 10 2018-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Falun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231145 ft
United States

I have experienced numerous issues with the P4P+. The most recent one: despite having a strong wifi signal; I cannot update the firmware from v.100 to V.600. AND despite having a strong hot spot connection; I STILL CANNOT UPDATE MY FIRMWARE. When I select "Update"; the screen returns to "Update". Ad nauseum. The RC states I have the recent firmware but the "About .... reveals I still have the old version. Would be grateful for your help. Falun
2018-5-30
Use props
MKOO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2993425 ft
Argentina

try on your PC or MAC with ASSISTANT soft! may the force be with you ✌
2018-5-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Falun, please refer the tutorial video and try to update the aircraft and RC to see whether it helps.

2018-5-31
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Did you upgrade the controller? - if not start with that.
If you want to upgrade your AC from the app you need to connect the short OTG cable in the aircraft and connect that with the ordinary usb to micro-usb, micro-usb in the RC.
2018-5-31
Use props
Falun
lvl.1
United States

MKOO Posted at 2018-5-30 19:08
try on your PC or MAC with ASSISTANT soft! may the force be with you ✌

Thank you, Hans. I'll do as you suggest. Grateful for your reply. Falun
2018-5-31
Use props
Falun
lvl.1
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-31 02:00
Did you upgrade the controller? - if not start with that.
If you want to upgrade your AC from the app you need to connect the short OTG cable in the aircraft and connect that with the ordinary usb to micro-usb, micro-usb in the RC.

Thank you,, KedDK for taking the time to help me.  I did as you suggested with the OTG cable per Dji tutorial numerous times. The "update now" page just recycles; without going any further. I tried Assistant 2 and it provided me with an Inspire update page and I could not get it to open the P4P update page.

KedDK, how do I update the R.C. Controller before updating the AC?
2018-5-31
Use props
Falun
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-31 01:52
Falun, please refer the tutorial video and try to update the aircraft and RC to see whether it helps.
https://youtu.be/DVIcrDvh9BQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNjPyw0jov8

Thank you,Dji Susan for your videos pertaining to my difficulty in updating firmware on my P4P+. I have watched the videos and followed the instructions but still have been unsuccessful. It has never been easy using the DjiGo4 resident app to update. Thank you, again.
2018-5-31
Use props
Falun
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-31 01:52
https://youtu.be/DVIcrDvh9BQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNjPyw0jov8

Thank you,Dji Susan for your videos pertaining to my difficulty in updating firmware on my P4P+. I have watched the videos and followed the instructions but still have been unsuccessful. It has never been easy using the DjiGo4 resident app to update. Thank you, again.
2018-5-31
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Falun Posted at 2018-5-31 18:48
Thank you,, KedDK for taking the time to help me.  I did as you suggested with the OTG cable per Dji tutorial numerous times. The "update now" page just recycles; without going any further. I tried Assistant 2 and it provided me with an Inspire update page and I could not get it to open the P4P update page.

KedDK, how do I update the R.C. Controller before updating the AC?

If you want to keep your flight history do a sync of your flight records first, also copy out if you have photos or recordings on the RC you want to keep and still have not copied to your computer.
Then do a factory reset of the RC from the settings, Backup & Reset

To update the +RC, go to the download section for P4P and download the firmware file down on the left, copy it to empty SD card and follow the video from Susan have the aircraft powered down while upgrading the controller.

In short you mount the SD card with the unzipped firmware bin file in the controller, power it up, go to settings enter "Update" in the bottom, Tap the three dots in top right corner and tap the local update.

Edit: Forgot to mention that after the upgrade you might need to enter the settings and setup your wifi connection again.

2018-5-31
Use props
Falun
lvl.1
United States

MKOO Posted at 2018-5-30 19:08
try on your PC or MAC with ASSISTANT soft! may the force be with you ✌

Did as you suggested and I was able to update the ac firmware. Grateful to you.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Falun Posted at 2018-6-1 19:20
Did as you suggested and I was able to update the ac firmware. Grateful to you.

Falun, thanks for keeping us updated, we're glad to hear this has been figured out.
2018-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules