Battery drained. Ok to leave over night?
559 6 2018-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
loophole
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38901 ft
United States

My battery is drained to rougly 23%.  Is it ok to leave at that percentage over night and charge tomorrow?  I'm in a bit of a hurry and can charge if need be but will let it set if thats ok.  Anyone able to give a quick answer?  

Also what would be the range to let it sit?  

I'll try to look up all the information for myself when I get some time.  

Thanks
2018-5-31
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

It should be fine if your charging it in the next 2-3 days. The best percentage for long term storage is around 50%. It even would be fine if it was at 100% for a week or two. After that, it would just start draining itself in order to protect itself from damage.
2018-5-31
Use props
loophole
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38901 ft

Could I charge for a little bit to get close to 50 then take it off?
2018-5-31
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

loophole Posted at 2018-5-31 15:57
Could I charge for a little bit to get close to 50 then take it off?

Yes, I do this sometimes when I know I won't be using the Spark for a while. And optimal storage charge for lipo batteries is actually 60-65%.
2018-6-1
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

See lots of battery questions today...and I have looked at specifics and other topics/videos, but let me ask this, so if I charge today, want to fly tomorrow, do I need to charge again if they are full today, and if I should top them up before flying tomorrow, there is no issue with doing so (that's the impression I get from reading all the replies to these topics).  First flight tomorrow!  :-D  No memory effect with LIPO I am thinking.

compulsive worrier!
2018-6-1
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Northwood Posted at 2018-6-1 09:55
See lots of battery questions today...and I have looked at specifics and other topics/videos, but let me ask this, so if I charge today, want to fly tomorrow, do I need to charge again if they are full today, and if I should top them up before flying tomorrow, there is no issue with doing so (that's the impression I get from reading all the replies to these topics).  First flight tomorrow!  :-D  No memory effect with LIPO I am thinking.

compulsive worrier!

No worries on charging the day before. I doubt the charger would even do anything if you put them back on the next day. Lipo batteries have a very slow self-discharge rate.

Lipos don't have a memory effect per se, but they don't like storage for long periods at full charge or at low charge. (That's why the packs discharge themselves to 65% after 10 days or so of inactivity if they are full.)
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like BeastMaster_101 mentioned above, it is okay to charge it later, but if it is going to be stored a long time, 50~65% power level is suggested. We also have some tips on maintenance, here's the tutorial:
2018-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules