Flight Recorder video into my Mac?
1636 9 2015-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brewsky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 866184 ft
United States

I cant seem to find this information.  Is there a way to get the flight Recorder video of each flight from iPhone into my iMac and have it be playable?
2015-5-13
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Are you asking how to capture what is happening in the DJI Pilot App on your smartphone or tablet and import it to your Mac?

There is an app called "Shuo" that captures whatever you're doing on your iPad or iPhone and you can take this and save it to The Cloud, and then bring it into your Mac. There is another thread in this forum, started by me, that discusses Shuo.

Does this help?
2015-5-13
Use props
averbouwens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83642 ft
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-5-14 11:50
Are you asking how to capture what is happening in the DJI Pilot App on your smartphone or tablet an ...

I too need help transferring my flight  record to drop box or you tube.  How is this done?  Appreciate and thanks
2015-5-14
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

Transferring stuff to drop box is something best learned by signing up for a DropBox account (or iCloud, or any of a number of hundreds off cloud-based services) and learning it there. It's beyond the scope of this forum.
2015-5-14
Use props
jsheldon406
New

United States

Can I use my Macbook pro retina to use as my FPV instead of my iPhone app?
2015-5-14
Use props
brewsky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 866184 ft
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-5-15 03:03
Transferring stuff to drop box is something best learned by signing up for a DropBox account (or iCl ...

When I use dropbox, it only sends a screen shot of the Flight Recorder, not the recording of the full flight.  There is an iCloud icon on the main Flight Recorder page, (on the iphone app) which i have clicked, but I dont know where it sends it from there, cant find it on my iMac.
2015-5-14
Use props
josepsamora
lvl.1

United States

brewsky Posted at 2015-5-15 09:39
When I use dropbox, it only sends a screen shot of the Flight Recorder, not the recording of the fu ...

I asked the same thing earlier today. Clicking on the cloud allows you to open the flight records on another i-device. Not on another Mac.
2015-5-14
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

jsheldon406@gma Posted at 2015-5-15 07:39
Can I use my Macbook pro retina to use as my FPV instead of my iPhone app?

No, this is not possible
2015-5-15
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

I wasn't talking about sending files from the DJI app...just send them to the cloud  from you iOS device (pick your service; iCould, DropBox, etc...there are hundreds and hundreds of services), then retrieve them from your laptop or desktop just like you would any other file shared to the cloud.
2015-5-15
Use props
jeffgritchen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3117448 ft
United States

The cloud symbol in the flight recorder on the DJI Pilot app is used to sync with other devices. For example, if you use and iPhone and an iPad with your quadcopter, clicking the cloud on both devices will sync the flight records.

I'm not sure how to do this with Android, but to get the flight records off your iPhone plug it in to iTunes, then click on the iPhone icon on the top. This will bring you to the iPhone page in iTunes.

Then click on 'Apps' in the sidebar. Then scroll down to the bottom. You will see all the apps that store information on your iPhone. Click in the DJI Pilot app and it will shoe you all the flight records. Then pick the one you want and choose "save to"

Now the question is, "What do you do with those file?" They aren't readable by anything I can find.

Although, I did find this tool somebody made.  http://thecutter.net/djiconverter

You can log in with your DJI user/password and see all your flight records, or, if you don't want to give somebody you don't know your password, you can upload the file directly.

It spits out a cvs file and a kml file. The kml file is cool because you can open it in Google Earth

Hope this helps
2015-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules