Take Off Error : Check imu and motor ERROR
13424 21 2018-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C4lifer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54577 ft
United States

my mavic air will not take off ... motors power up then ramp up to max speed unit never leaves ground then i guess fail safe kicks in motors shut down...WHAT DO I DO??? ((
2018-6-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Refresh your firmware as first step. I have posted the download link for DJI Assistant in response to your other post. If problems should persist, please post screenshots of the messages you are getting.
2018-6-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Motors go to full speed and it won't take off.  Sounds like props are on reversed and it is trying to shove itself into Earth.
2018-6-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-2 07:11
Motors go to full speed and it won't take off.  Sounds like props are on reversed and it is trying to shove itself into Earth.

How may shots did you have today?
2018-6-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

dronist Posted at 2018-6-2 13:08
How may shots did you have today?

Not enough!

How could OP's drone sit on ground with its motors / props turning at full speed, to point  fail safe finally kicks in and shuts motors down?  Unless said drone is strapped down to ground.  That puppy should have launched into air, even if it turn turned somersaults and smashed into ground.

2018-6-2
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

"motors power up then ramp up to max speed unit never leaves ground"

That sounds like not possible.!
2018-6-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-6-2 13:58
"motors power up then ramp up to max speed unit never leaves ground"

That sounds like not possible.!

New feature with upgrade?
Reverse motor to simulate helicopter's collective, for those quick downward escapes away from attacking birds.  
2018-6-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-2 13:54
Not enough!

How could OP's drone sit on ground with its motors / props turning at full speed, to point  fail safe finally kicks in and shuts motors down?  Unless said drone is strapped down to ground.  That puppy should have launched into air, even if it turn turned somersaults and smashed into ground.

Maybe few more shots and you will make more sense  .

Props can't be installed in reverse. The obvious is some internal malfunction or he is trying to fly next to a runway...

2018-6-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

dronist Posted at 2018-6-2 15:22
Maybe few more shots and you will make more sense  .

Props can't be installed in reverse. The obvious is some internal malfunction or he is trying to fly next to a runway...

Okay, I thought props were similar to Mavic Pro.  It was possible to get pairs reversed.
CW props on CCW motors and CCW props on CW motors.
2018-6-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Joking aside, Are you certain props are going to max speed, and not simply idling waiting for you to throttle up or command to throttle up is not being performed?
2018-6-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-2 15:11
New feature with upgrade?
Reverse motor to simulate helicopter's collective, for those quick downward escapes away from attacking birds.

Hurray!  We're finally getting inverted flight!  (Now we can mow, just like the Heli pilots.)  ;-)

Screen shots would help.
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry for the late response, may I confirm that have you solved the problem or not? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.
2018-6-3
Use props
C4lifer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54577 ft
United States

Yes problem solved simple miss appropriation of the props they can be installed incorrectly
2018-6-3
Use props
fansc0d5288c
New
Malaysia

Same goes to me. What should i do. Please help me ☹️
2018-11-6
Use props
djiuser_tOsdUKj95JoH
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-3 20:31
Hi, sorry for the late response, may I confirm that have you solved the problem or not? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.
Can you please provide some information as to how we are supposed to identify the correct order in which to install said propellers with? To the my best knowledge it isn't documented or intuitively easy to find. considering that it actually prevents takeoff... also not sure what the sliders are used for.

Thanks
2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_tOsdUKj95JoH Posted at 6-9 04:10
Can you please provide some information as to how we are supposed to identify the correct order in which to install said propellers with? To the my best knowledge it isn't documented or intuitively easy to find. considering that it actually prevents takeoff... also not sure what the sliders are used for.

Thanks

Hi, sorry for the troubles you had. May we know what aircraft you're referring to? Thank you.
2019-6-9
Use props
Ninos Patto
New

Sweden

Hi guys.. I'm new here and I have an issue..
Few months ago I had an incident with my drone (Mavic Air).
The drone crashed against a tree and down to the ground.
The arms broke and I contacted DJI to repair it.
When it came back, it wouldn't take off. The propellers went on full speed, but wouldn't take off.
I contacted DJI again and they asked me to send it back.
When I got it back the second time, it still wouldn't take off.
3rd time is a charm. I contacted DJI again and they said I needed to change the propellers and no need to send it back to them.
Said and done.. New propellers.. Still no take off.
A yellow message pops up saying: "Takeoff Error. Check IMU and Motor".

I tried to update to the lastest firmware and recalibrating both the IMU and the compass.. The drone still woun't take off..
Please help me.. I'm on the verge of throwing it against the wall..

Thanks in advance..

/Ninos
2019-8-16
Use props
delanytime
New
Ireland

Hi All,

Good thread.

I'm receiving the same error as Ninos Patto.

Similarly, returned my drone to DJI - got it back and it still wouldn't take off (frustratingly at the start of a wedding - should have tried it first). Keep getting "Takeoff Error. Check IMU and Motor".

All help appreciated
Thanks

2019-11-20
Use props
djiuser_fHm8SqSS1Dva
New

United States

im having the same issue just wont take off.   same error message. tekeodd error check IMU and compass
2020-2-6
Use props
fans549095b9
New

Colombia

I had the same problem. I fixed it changing the propellers and being careful to put the ones with the white line in the motors who has a white mark.
2020-6-1
Use props
kmccallister
New

United States

I have the same problem with my spark, but when i take the rotors off to test it so it doesn't just run away, it gives that same issue.  tried calibrating the IMU and compass, checked for firmware updates, but nothing seems to help.
2023-1-23
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

kmccallister Posted at 1-23 15:18
I have the same problem with my spark, but when i take the rotors off to test it so it doesn't just run away, it gives that same issue.  tried calibrating the IMU and compass, checked for firmware updates, but nothing seems to help.

Propellers installed correctly? In accordance with the color labels?
2023-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules