3994 41 2015-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Hello!

I have been reading a lot a the RENAAT ND Filters and I have done some research!

Easier to buy, they have a page and great filters!

I have nothing to do with the company nor I'm interested, but for me is safer to buy from this guy than making a "contact" through mail.

Polar Pro Filters
www.polarprofilters.com
2015-5-14
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

If you have any issues with buying from anyone but a large company, just look up B&H.  They have a great return policy as well.
2015-5-14
Use props
rjs21989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858701 ft
  • >>>
United States

Already bought them.. Going to test them this weekend
2015-5-14
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-5-14 22:23
If you have any issues with buying from anyone but a large company, just look up B&H.  They have a g ...

I just think this option in more reliable than buying by email
2015-5-14
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Renaat have got build a set of ND filters for us and are selling them with no profit.
A lot of us have ordered them and received them.
It was a pleasure to buy them from RENAAT
2015-5-14
Use props
REDBARON
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2456043 ft
Canada

I will speak for myself and confirm that I am enjoying my ND's from Renaat . He was a pleasure to deal with and if you do decide to buy from him, you will not be disappointed. This is for real....PS don't forget to package the ND64 . I regret not having including this with my original order...
2015-5-14
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

REDBARON Posted at 2015-5-15 01:57
I will speak for myself and confirm that I am enjoying my ND's from Renaat . He was a pleasure to de ...

Let me add my voice to that as well.  Renaat is a member of our community and has done an AMAZING job of getting a factory to produce filters that are not only very high quality and FIT the Inspire camera perfectly, but are the exact same weight as the DJI filters.  This is a critical issue because if you buy a filter that is significantly heavier (many are), you're overdriving the gimbal by forcing it to compensate for the extra weight.
2015-5-14
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-15 02:06
Let me add my voice to that as well.  Renaat is a member of our community and has done an AMAZING  ...

Don't get me wrong!

I'm no saying Renaat dont work or arent good or anything bad about their ND filters.

I just gave another option for those like me that prefered buying from a page rather than an email.

If Renaat had a page probably I would have them as an option!
2015-5-14
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-15 01:47
Renaat have got build a set of ND filters for us and are selling them with no profit.
A lot of us ha ...

Don't get me wrong!

I'm no saying Renaat dont work or arent good or anything bad about their ND filters.

I just gave another option for those like me that prefered buying from a page rather than an email.

2015-5-14
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

REDBARON Posted at 2015-5-15 01:57
I will speak for myself and confirm that I am enjoying my ND's from Renaat . He was a pleasure to de ...

Don't get me wrong!

2015-5-14
Use props
DJIguy
lvl.1

United States

I also rock PolarPro Filters (ND9 Most of the time) And they work great with awesome optics/quality glass. Also great customer service! It is not a "push on" Filter like their filters in the past, rather it is a replacement of the current DJI UV filter (4 grams). The PP Filters are 6 grams so it is actually only adding +2 grams to the gimbal. I definitely recommend if you are looking for a professional grade filter.

-DJIguy
2015-5-14
Use props
DJIguy
lvl.1

United States

Also I do not have Renaat Filters, but major props to them for creating a very useable and professional grade filter as well!
2015-5-14
Use props
wolftj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

I did get all the filters from Renaat. At least as good quality as the DJI clear filter, each in it's own plastic case. Shipped when promised, arrived when promised.
2015-5-14
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

I am no pro but i am happy with my ND filters from Polar filters.   If you check out the video section on my website you can judge for yourself ...i used the ND2 while filming in 4K rendering it down to 1080p . they are the bottom two on the right side. the films are for a promo I did for a company looking after the canals...
2015-5-29
Use props
cravac
lvl.3
United States

I have both, and Rennat's are way better for bright days.
The PP filters are hardly stronger ND than the stock.
I have a set of unused PP for sale.
$60 & I'll pay shipping in us
2015-6-1
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Definitely go with Renaat's filters.  Absolutely terrific quality and developed by a fellow forum member, so I'd much rather give him the business after he went to all the R&D cost and fronted the manufacturing cost, rather than hand the money off to some faceless company.  Not to mention the prices is EXTREMELY reasonable.
2015-6-1
Use props
caddwizard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 453788780 ft
Australia

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-15 02:06
Let me add my voice to that as well.  Renaat is a member of our community and has done an AMAZING  ...

A question on gimbal balance.

Can you add weight to the rear to balance? Assuming it's only a minor weight as I would appreciate the gimbal motor would have to work harder.
2015-6-2
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

caddwizard Posted at 2015-6-2 18:39
A question on gimbal balance.

Can you add weight to the rear to balance? Assuming it's only a min ...

Personally I would not, which is the other reason we went with Renaat's product - it was engineered to be the same weight as the DJI filters.
2015-6-2
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

I inquired about renaats filters but they are unavailable at this time so also looking for options
2015-6-2
Use props
paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3754318 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yapstrapper Posted at 2015-6-3 10:38
I inquired about renaats filters but they are unavailable at this time so also looking for options

I just reviewed the Polar Pro filters...  http://www.pauljoy.com/2015/06/learning-to-fly-inspire-filters/

I have a set from Renaat arriving next week, will do the same for this when they arrive.

Paul
2015-6-4
Use props
paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3754318 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yapstrapper Posted at 2015-6-3 10:38

I just reviewed the Polar Pro filters...  http://www.pauljoy.com/2015/06/learning-to-fly-inspire-filters/

I have a set from Renaat arriving next week, will do the same for this when they arrive.

Paul
2015-6-4
Use props
capalvch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71125 ft
Venezuela

Renaat filters are fantastic! If you have the chance to buy them you will not regret it. And as others have said, it is a pleassure to work with Renaat.
2015-6-4
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

Nice surprise for me they emailed me back again from Renaat and he has an extra set so Im set thanks
2015-6-4
Use props
production.spm2
lvl.2

United States

I ordered from Renaat and am impatiently waiting for them to arrive so I can try them out!!
2015-6-5
Use props
phdraw
lvl.1

United States

paul@videotrade Posted at 2015-6-4 18:05
I just reviewed the Polar Pro filters...  http://www.pauljoy.com/2015/06/learning-to-fly-inspire-f ...

My Renaat set is coming this week too. Can't wait.
2015-6-6
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Renaat filters, but just ordered the circular polarizer from PolarPro. I believe they are the only ones currently offering a CP filter for the Inspire (and Phantom 3).
2015-6-7
Use props
Tom Adamec
lvl.1

Czechia

How are you happy with Polar Pro filters after more days of using? First of all - no issues with gimbal?
2015-6-18
Use props
whill11
lvl.2

United States

Thanks.  Getting ready to order a 3 pack.
2015-6-18
Use props
Mbarnidge
lvl.2

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-18
Use props
Mbarnidge
lvl.2

United States

Why did it block my post?
2015-6-18
Use props
Mbarnidge
lvl.2

United States

Any way to just order the circular polarizer. I don't need another set of ND filters
2015-6-18
Use props
pedz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24898 ft
United States

I'm somewhat new to this but I'm not new to photography.  Mostly I don't use filters but that is on cameras that have an aperture which I guess the Inspire camera does not.

What I noticed on one of my first flights is rather bad lens flare.  In turns out, the lens flare seemed appropriate and a nice affect for that particular photograph but in general its a bad thing.

Does anyone feel somewhat competent to comment on the quality of the filters in regards to lens flare and internal reflections?  How do the Polar or the Renaat filters in this area?  For example, on the demo video on the Polar site, two of the shots have noticeable lens flare (the one with the horses and another slightly after it).

The polarizing filters are also interesting to me.

Has anyone explored B+W filters to fit the Inspire?
2015-6-21
Use props
phdraw
lvl.1

United States

I'm more than happy with my Renaat filters. The "Basic" set includes the ND8, ND16 and the ND32. It's all you'll need. He also makes the ND64 but you'd have to live on the sun to need that. I'm easily able to shoot at 1/50 sec. @ ISO 100 in the noonday sun with the ND16. Haven't needed the ND32 yet. High recommend his product.
2015-6-22
Use props
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116247 ft
United States

Just received my Renaat filters. So everyone who is using these at present i take it you are all at 100 iso and 1/50 or 1/60 shutter right?
2015-6-23
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

how do i get the renaat filters?  can someone pm me?
2015-7-26
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-7-27 09:20
how do i get the renaat filters?  can someone pm me?

Send an email to:
Ceulenaere Renaat <ceulenaere@gmail.com>

He'll explain the offer to you and you just PayPal him the money and he'll send you filters.

I got mine earlier this week; zero issues and the filters are exactly as described including cases.
2015-7-26
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

MyNameIsFrazer Posted at 2015-6-24 07:23
Just received my Renaat filters. So everyone who is using these at present i take it you are all at  ...

1/50 or 1/60 depending on 24 or 30 modem, yes.
2015-7-26
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

How did you counter balance Inspire camera while using PolaPro filters? I must say that ND16 with polarizer is superb, but heavy.
2015-9-8
Use props
Kvamen
lvl.2

Norway

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-7-27 03:57
1/50 or 1/60 depending on 24 or 30 modem, yes.

The shutter should be dbl. Of the framerate?   This is the best setting?      

Thanks
2015-9-8
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Kvamen@getmail. Posted at 2015-9-8 18:39
The shutter should be dbl. Of the framerate?   This is the best setting?      

Thanks

While not a hard rule, if you want to get "cinematic motion" (specifically, a nice amount of motion blur) you want to set your SHUTTER speed at double your FRAME rate, or as close as you can get. This is called "180 degree shutter angle", a term that stems from rotary shutters used in film based motion picture cameras.

As you narrow the shutter angle (or increase the speed of shutter / let in less light) you get less blur on each shot and you can start to get the feeling of a series of individual images in a sequence rather than "cinematic motion". This isn't necessarily wrong, and the quintessential example of using this technique intentionally to great effect is the beach storming scene at the start of Saving Private Ryan, which was shot at a 45 degree shutter angle (much faster shutter speed).

For a 180 degree angle with the Inspire 1 you can set the shutter speed to either 1/50 or 1/60 - use 1/50 when filming at 24p and use 1/60 when filming at 30p. Likewise, if you're shooting at 1080p60 (for slow motion work) set the shutter speed to 1/120. Obviously 1/48 would be ideal for 24p filming but as it's not an option, 1/50 is as close as you'll get and it looks quite nice.

You then control the amount of light coming in using ISO and ND filters (since the Inspire 1 is fixed at f/2.8).

Some background links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotary_disc_shutter
http://www.red.com/learn/red-101/shutter-angle-tutorial

As a digression, digital "cinema" cameras (such as the Blackmagic Cinema / Production / Pocket / URSA) don't even have a "shutter speed" setting; they have a shutter angle selector as a nod to the roots of film cinema. It defaults to 180 for cinematic motion and can be adjusted to increase or decrease the amount of motion blur as you like.

Hope that helps.
-d
2015-9-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules