Spark...Multiple Issues :(
1287 25 2018-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nismo_spark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15988 ft

Hi Guys... New to the forum.  Thanks in advance.  I have had my spark for a little over a month.  First Issue:  Won't go into Sport Mode... I have tried about everything.  Second Issue: When I am using DJI Assistant on my Macbook, I can't export flight data at all.  Just spins and spins...  I have tried to upload to dropbox to send to the techs, but I can't.  Black Box does the same thing.  Third Issue:  DJI Go 4, I am seeing lower_version_boardnum in my flight records screen.  Strange right?!   Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks Guys!

Assistant

Assistant
2018-6-4
Use props
nismo_spark
lvl.1

2018-6-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

"First Issue:  Won't go into Sport Mode... I have tried about everything. "

I assume you are on iOS?
Get a droid and "try everything":

Use a older droid Go4 Version (4.1.15, apkmirror will provide) and an otg cable.
To check and switch, if needed, THIS soft switch to the right:
(can look different b/c of app version. But the multiple flight mode can de/activate our P/SP hardwareswitch on Sparks RC, too)

After that is done, it should work with actual versions of the Go4.

DJI, wasn't there a "Android / iOS" selector for posts prommised? Some time last year

2018-6-4
Use props
nismo_spark
lvl.1

Yes, sorry .... IOS.  I am too much an apple nerd to have a droid in the house.  agh..

2018-6-4
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77100 ft
United States

Sport Mode - It took me a bit of searching, but buried in the menus of the Go 4 app is a setting you need to switch to allow you to change modes. It's in there, I just can't say exactly where.

DJI Assistant - I have a 2012 Macbook Pro with the same issue. Since I've really had no need for the logs, I just never pursued it further. - Also on Macbook I cannot read the SD card taken out of the Spark. All other cards work, but not one from the Spark, but if I connect via the USB connection I can read the files. I know in the past there have been copyright issues surrounding disk formatting that I figured were at play here.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Good day! We apologize that you're having multiple issues with your Spark.

First Issue: In regards to the Sports Mode, you can enable the Flight Mode first by going to the Main Controller Settings where you can see in the camera interface under General Settings.
Second Issue: If you're referring to the flight data that you're aircraft have, you can sync those at your DJI Go 4 app by going to the main page of the app and click the paper airplane icon and tap the cloud icon at the right top corner of the screen.
Third Issue: You can reinstall the app on your mobile device and check if the error message will still appear. If yes, please try to use a different mobile device.
2018-6-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

1) For Sports Mode you need a Remote Controller. Are you using one ?
2018-6-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

2) Watch this Video

2018-6-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

2b) To Upload the Flight Data to PhantomHelp.com (Help from Techs and Pros) use this Link -

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2018-6-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

3) Read this -

Try change your name in the DJI GO4 App, and then Save and Switch Off the Phone. Wait 30seconds and then Turn Phone On again and ReCheck.

If that doesn't solve it - Contact DJI Support.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-108823-1-1.html <---- Others had your same Problem

Hope you Solve Everything !

2018-6-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

nismo_spark Posted at 2018-6-4 20:02
Yes, sorry .... IOS.  I am too much an apple nerd to have a droid in the house.  agh..

IOS is far more reliable than Android, Nismo. Android is good for some Newpaper Reading / Emails / Games and some Apps etc.. but will never risk flying the Drones with Android.

For me its too Risky, even though I have one of the Latest and Powerful Samsung, the Android Operating System is Full of Bugs and Problems and there are too many Variants of Android Phones, so Tech have a nightmare to produce a Bug Free App.

I have a Samsung S8+ but never RISK it for Drones.

I use an IPhone 7+ for the Drones, IOS is the Best.

2018-6-5
Use props
nismo_spark
lvl.1

MarkMN Posted at 2018-6-5 05:47
Sport Mode - It took me a bit of searching, but buried in the menus of the Go 4 app is a setting you need to switch to allow you to change modes. It's in there, I just can't say exactly where.

DJI Assistant - I have a 2012 Macbook Pro with the same issue. Since I've really had no need for the logs, I just never pursued it further. - Also on Macbook I cannot read the SD card taken out of the Spark. All other cards work, but not one from the Spark, but if I connect via the USB connection I can read the files. I know in the past there have been copyright issues surrounding disk formatting that I figured were at play here.

I have searched every setting, I think in an older version of the app there was a setting.  Can't find anything....

Thanks, I have tried connecting to multiple computers and the result is the same.  I haven't had a windows machine in about 15 years, so maybe it is a Mac thing?
2018-6-5
Use props
nismo_spark
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-5 06:33
Good day! We apologize that you're having multiple issues with your Spark.

First Issue: In regards to the Sports Mode, you can enable the Flight Mode first by going to the Main Controller Settings where you can see in the camera interface under General Settings.

Can you show me in Main Controller Settings where this setting is?  My app doesn't have it.    

I have installed, reinstalled about 10 times.  I just got an email from DJI, they are looking at my flight records now.  I was able to get a few of them from my iPhone thru iTunes.  Hopefully that will give some answers?

Thanks!
2018-6-5
Use props
nismo_spark
lvl.1

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-5 06:40
1) For Sports Mode you need a Remote Controller. Are you using one ?

Yes, and it is funny as the first time I called DJI support, the guy told me the opposite.  I was like "WHAT?!"
2018-6-5
Use props
nismo_spark
lvl.1

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-5 06:42
2) Watch this Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

Thanks, I have watched the video a few times, my computer and spark just don't respond like it show on the video.

Thanks, though.
2018-6-5
Use props
nismo_spark
lvl.1

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-5 06:49
3) Read this -

Try change your name in the DJI GO4 App, and then Save and Switch Off the Phone. Wait 30seconds and then Turn Phone On again and ReCheck.

Thank you!  I haven't tried this!! I will and let you know.

Thank you !
2018-6-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

nismo_spark Posted at 2018-6-5 07:27
Yes, and it is funny as the first time I called DJI support, the guy told me the opposite.  I was like "WHAT?!"

Try to do all The Latest Firmware Updates Nismo, unless you have already tried...

Include Spark / Remote / Batteries each and every one
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

nismo_spark Posted at 2018-6-5 07:27
Can you show me in Main Controller Settings where this setting is?  My app doesn't have it.   

I have installed, reinstalled about 10 times.  I just got an email from DJI, they are looking at my flight records now.  I was able to get a few of them from my iPhone thru iTunes.  Hopefully that will give some answers?

Sure. No problem. Just go to the camera interface of the app. Then you will see there a three dots icon at the right top corner of the screen, which is the General settings. Then once you're in the General settings, just tap the first icon on the left side and you will find the Main Controller Settings/MC Settings.
2018-6-5
Use props
adra2895
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24131 ft
Costa Rica

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-5 06:52
IOS is far more reliable than Android, Nismo. Android is good for some Newpaper Reading / Emails / Games and some Apps etc.. but will never risk flying the Drones with Android.

For me its too Risky, even though I have one of the Latest and Powerful Samsung, the Android Operating System is Full of Bugs and Problems and there are too many Variants of Android Phones, so Tech have a nightmare to produce a Bug Free App.

Maybe it's a problem with the phone, not with android. With the google pixel 2 DJI GO4 works extremely well, even better than my GF's iphone. Samsung's not good enough, too many unexpected app crashes
2018-6-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

adra2895 Posted at 2018-6-5 08:02
Maybe it's a problem with the phone, not with android. With the google pixel 2 DJI GO4 works extremely well, even better than my GF's iphone. Samsung's not good enough, too many unexpected app crashes

Samsung S8+ is a cheap / not powerful phone....?  Costed New about $1000. It has same or better specs like the Google Pixel 2 XL.

The Problem is the Operation System, just too many Bugs as there are too many Variants of Phones using Android, so the Programmers (Lets say DJI Programmers) test only on a Batch of Commonly Used Phones like Samsung etc.. If you watch the Forum, many Administrator ask - 'Did it work on that Particular Android ?' because some Android may have different specs and can act differently. Infact with the DJI Products at the Bottom you see - Compatible Phones.

Windows Phones are FAR WORST ! Their WP Store is empty, can't even use the EBay App as they removed it ! I have 2 Windows Phones too and know what I am saying. Windows Phone 540 and a 950 XL. Windows Phones are a Complete Disaster, the 950XL is not that bad but would not recommend ! You will not find any apps for Windows Phone, so just Ignore in my Opinion.

I prefer IOS. I love reliable equipment to be used with the Drones. Can't afford to risk getting the Program Freezing, or Crashing during a Flight.

For normal usage like Phone Calls, Email, Weather, and App Selection like Games, Vouchers, Ebay, Paypal etc... Android is Good.

2018-6-5
Use props
AlvaroX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155548 ft
United States

the issue with the dji assistant 2 and the macs is known to DJI (has been like that since forever) and the only response that you get is why dont you try it on a windows PC
2018-6-5
Use props
AlvaroX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155548 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-5 08:59
Samsung S8+ is a cheap / not powerful phone....?  Costed New about $1000. It has same or better specs like the Google Pixel 2 XL.

The Problem is the Operation System, just too many Bugs as there are too many Variants of Phones using Android, so the Programmers (Lets say DJI Programmers) test only on a Batch of Commonly Used Phones like Samsung etc.. If you watch the Forum, many Administrator ask - 'Did it work on that Particular Android ?' because some Android may have different specs and can act differently. Infact with the DJI Products at the Bottom you see - Compatible Phones.

agree 200%
2018-6-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Thank you for all the Support AlvaroX !

2018-6-5
Use props
adra2895
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24131 ft
Costa Rica

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-5 08:59

The Problem is the Operation System, just too many Bugs as there are too many Variants of Phones using Android, so the Programmers (Lets say DJI Programmers) test only on a Batch of Commonly Used Phones like Samsung etc.. If you watch the Forum, many Administrator ask - 'Did it work on that Particular Android ?' because some Android may have different specs and can act differently. Infact with the DJI Products at the Bottom you see - Compatible Phones.

Well, I never said it was a cheap/not powerful phone, just that the version of android that it runs is not that good like the Pixel's, and that's what causes problem with DJI software. But surely, we can agree that windows phone is definitely not a good option in this case. Neverthless, this is a conversation for another topic or another forum. Have a nice day
2018-6-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

adra2895 Posted at 2018-6-5 11:39
Well, I never said it was a cheap/not powerful phone, just that the version of android that it runs is not that good like the Pixel's, and that's what causes problem with DJI software. But surely, we can agree that windows phone is definitely not a good option in this case. Neverthless, this is a conversation for another topic or another forum. Have a nice day

You Too Bye Bye !

2018-6-5
Use props
nismo_spark
lvl.1

AlvaroX Posted at 2018-6-5 10:44
the issue with the dji assistant 2 and the macs is known to DJI (has been like that since forever) and the only response that you get is why dont you try it on a windows PC

Yikes, that is not good.  I haven't touched a windows machine in so long.  Do people still use windows!?
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules