43429 694 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank70
lvl.3
Flight distance : 215899 ft
Netherlands

crazyray Posted at 2018-8-27 04:08
Just wanted to Thank You for this list.......... I've had my MA since May which shipped with firmware 01.00.0300 I "have not" updated to .0400 due to all the problems. The only issue I have found is that I cannot RTH to Remote Location. I keep receiving a popup stating; "Mobile device GPS signal is weak, it's location cannot be acquired." I have a new ipPad 9.7 with cellular which I purchased and use for the MA only. I'd like to add, my iPad tested perfect GPS signal tests as shown below. Thank You again for the list. Ray

Hi Crazyray,

See the following thread I created: https://forum.dji.com/thread-149130-1-1.html
Post #20 shows the response from DJI Thor: " I received the feedback from the engineers, they confirmed that is an issue, they will fix it in the next app update"
That was in June 2018. Since then there have been multiple updates of the app, but the issue wasn't resolved for me. (didn't check the latest update yet).
Later I found out there are even older threads reporting this issue.

Let's hope DJI is willing to invest time in addressing this RTH issue, (among other still open topics).

2018-8-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Frank70 Posted at 2018-8-27 05:14
Hi Crazyray,

See the following thread I created: https://forum.dji.com/thread-149130-1-1.html

Jip, seems to be very good at advertising and selling products. Support, not so much.
2018-8-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

crazyray Posted at 2018-8-27 04:08
Just wanted to Thank You for this list.......... I've had my MA since May which shipped with firmware 01.00.0300 I "have not" updated to .0400 due to all the problems. The only issue I have found is that I cannot RTH to Remote Location. I keep receiving a popup stating; "Mobile device GPS signal is weak, it's location cannot be acquired." I have a new ipPad 9.7 with cellular which I purchased and use for the MA only. I'd like to add, my iPad tested perfect GPS signal tests as shown below. Thank You again for the list. Ray

In this GPS signal test how many satellites does it have sight of  ?

If DJI Go 4 applies the same rule to the display device as it does to the aircraft then you’ll need at least nine to get a good result (aircraft reports safe to fly gps).

Of course the same message could mean that no GPS information is being passed to DJI Go 4 App’.

Most reports I have read like this have all related to iOS devices and not Android so could be an iOS  only problem. I’ll maybe check out with my iPhone 6s the next time I go flying.
2018-8-28
Use props
Sunset Gigolo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6339 ft
United States

I can't get mine to work properly since the first day I bought it, I have tried EVERYTHING and read thousands of forum posts try to rectify the problems that I'm experiencing , too meny to list and  now I can't calibrate the IMU or Compass settings it's just 1 thing after another , guess it's time for me to cut my losses and send it back and buy a brand that actually works as advertised does anyone have ant sugestions ? I also plan on writing a google review on how displeased i  was with the Mavic Air i feel that i was taken for a thousand bucks thats way to much money to spend on something that don't work .... GET IT RIGHT DJI
2018-8-28
Use props
Matthias80
First Officer
Flight distance : 2601499 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hi @all

I got my mavic air yesterday - won at the now it´s epic contest.
first flight (actual firm&app on ios) short yaw 1/4 turns from nowhere..2 times in flight (I've never had that before with a dji drone), then motor current error. :-(
From the video transmission...I know the spark too and there is much smoother without any lag on short distances.

I have to say honestly, as much as I'm happy about the win - at the weekend I'm back in the alps, Mavic Air stays at home and waits for an firmware update (hopefully soon)For now the Spark is back in action.

2018-8-29
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Turkey

Good decision. I haven't bothered flying my Mavic Air since DJI replaced it TWICE already due to their faulty products (including the .400 firmware motor current issue). They haven't bothered fixing their bugs for 4 months and I won't bother buying another DJI product. Certainly not the more than twice as heavy Mavic 2 Pro for $1500+.
2018-8-29
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

As with everyone else who updated to the firmware v01.00.0400 I am having problems. The same IMU warning. I have stopped flying my Mavic because of this. I have been flying from the same spot going the same path and now get the IMU warning. I am starting to hate my Mavic.

Is DJI doing like APPLE does and when a new product comes out make the old ones mess up so people want to purchase a new one?
2018-8-29
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Burmman Posted at 2018-8-29 07:10
As with everyone else who updated to the firmware v01.00.0400 I am having problems. The same IMU warning. I have stopped flying my Mavic because of this. I have been flying from the same spot going the same path and now get the IMU warning. I am starting to hate my Mavic.

Is DJI doing like APPLE does and when a new product comes out make the old ones mess up so people want to purchase a new one?

I'm almost on the brink of selling my Mavic Air and cutting my losses... I've had enough of the issues and DJI's complete apparent abandonment of this drone...

But I have to disagree with your statement about Apple gear... Especially with the new macOS Mojave and iOS 12 coming out, it breathes new life into their older gear, and makes them as good as new in many cases.

Also, being an ACSP (Apple Certified Service Professional), I can attest to some devices becoming slower with age / updates, but that is the nature of software... As more lines of code and more features get added to software, it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain performance on older devices, regardless if they're made by Apple, or someone else.

Apple for the most part is the ONLY game in town to have if you want devices / tech that get supported for a LONG time with updates, and LAST a LONG time; I have Mac's in storage that are 10+ years old and still going strong as they did from day 1.
2018-8-29
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-8-29 09:59
I'm almost on the brink of selling my Mavic Air and cutting my losses... I've had enough of the issues and DJI's complete apparent abandonment of this drone...

But I have to disagree with your statement about Apple gear... Especially with the new macOS Mojave and iOS 12 coming out, it breathes new life into their older gear, and makes them as good as new in many cases.

My only thing is this:  the Mavic Air is not an old device.  unless the drone world is faster than the mobile phone world.  The Mavic Air was released on January 28th, 2018.  Which means that it is only 7 months and 1 day old.  Even in these speedy times,  that can't be considered old.

And DJI didn't do anything to make this one start messing up.  They called themselves 'improving it' for 'safety reasons' and they just dropped the ball.

I've been flying happily on .0300 for the past few months.  I had almost forgotten about all of the drama behind .0400.  

But I agree with you on the longevity of MACs.  There is no other computer that I would willingly use when it's 6 years old.  (my main machine is a mid2012 MacBook Pro)  It's only now that i'm even starting to consider getting a new one.
2018-8-29
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-8-29 10:30
My only thing is this:  the Mavic Air is not an old device.  unless the drone world is faster than the mobile phone world.  The Mavic Air was released on January 28th, 2018.  Which means that it is only 7 months and 1 day old.  Even in these speedy times,  that can't be considered old.

And DJI didn't do anything to make this one start messing up.  They called themselves 'improving it' for 'safety reasons' and they just dropped the ball.

Yes, I too am concerned, and very upset, that DJI has shown such neglect towards the Mavic Air, being only a 7-month-old product, and the disdain they've displayed towards their customers by not providing a timely update to fix issues they introduced with the last firmware, and several bad versions of the GO 4 app.

I'm actually looking at the M2P right now, as I wanted to get more into aerial photography and the M2P fits the bill perfectly, but I am VERY leery to go with DJI for any more of their gear, as I'm not convinced they'll provide any better support for their higher-end consumer model, then they have for the MA.

My old MacBook Pro I had, the early 2011 13" i7 model, outfitted with 16GB of RAM and a 512GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD, lasted me 6 years, before I finally went and bought the new 2018 rMBP TB 13" with the quad-core i7, and MAN is this thing a BARN BURNER!!! But, the old faithful went to a close friend of mine, and still going strong for them, and they're loving it. I switched to all-Apple almost a decade ago and never looked back. I've never been more productive with my time using Apple gear, and will never go back to the Windows / Android data-mining cesspool those platforms have become!
2018-8-29
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-8-29 12:14
Yes, I too am concerned, and very upset, that DJI has shown such neglect towards the Mavic Air, being only a 7-month-old product, and the disdain they've displayed towards their customers by not providing a timely update to fix issues they introduced with the last firmware, and several bad versions of the GO 4 app.

I'm actually looking at the M2P right now, as I wanted to get more into aerial photography and the M2P fits the bill perfectly, but I am VERY leery to go with DJI for any more of their gear, as I'm not convinced they'll provide any better support for their higher-end consumer model, then they have for the MA.

I'm fairly new to the apple world as my first mac is this macbook pro, and i only got it because i took it after the warranty ran out and it had some screen issues.  (luckily Apple had extended the warranty for that particular issue and they fixed it, so i'm going really good.  I haven't gone completely apple yet though.  Still use an Android phone and i use both Android and Apple tablets.

The M2P looks very good, but i'm starting to see some over heating issues and there is already a new firmware out for it.  I"m waiting to see how it goes, and i'm watching the boards very carefully.  Since i'm able to fly my Mavic Air and i'm not suffering from the .0400 issues, i'm not as mad as i used to be.  i'm just concerned that it seems like they don't care.  I'm still kinda bothered that they haven't even acknowledged it.
2018-8-29
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is getting seriously ridiculous...

https://tinyurl.com/y9hgqyqk
2018-8-30
Use props
M1r077
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3278 ft
Myanmar

I'm a new user of Mavic Air , I was able to fly it once and since the update I get a lot of issues that I don't understand.
There is mismatch in between official tutorial videos and what I get in the DJI Go 4 app or DJI assistant 2.
It seems as well that my DJI  assistant does not recognize my Controller anymore ...

I don't really understand what happens tome and reading this post I'm a bit puzzled ....

Any chance we get an answer from DJI official to address this as flying a Drone that we don't understand the behavior is dangerous to people safety it seems that there is a need of investigating those issue quite now.

Best regards to all  
2018-8-31
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

Frank70 Posted at 2018-8-27 05:14
Hi Crazyray,

Hi Frank70, Thanks for the reply and link........ I'm currently using DJI version 4.2.24. I see that a new update came out 4.3 this past week but, doesn't address this issue. 4.3 seems to be aimed towards the Mavic Pro 2. I'm currently conversing with DJI support for a definitive answer in regards to the RTH to Remote Location. I'm sure they will tell me to update to the latest firmware. I'm extremely hesitant to upgrade to v01.00.0400. Thanks again for your input. Ray
2018-9-2
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-28 02:59
In this GPS signal test how many satellites does it have sight of  ?

If DJI Go 4 applies the same rule to the display device as it does to the aircraft then you’ll need at least nine to get a good result (aircraft reports safe to fly gps).

Hi Aardvark, Thanks for the reply..... You made some good points. I didn't look at the satellite count but, I will check it out. I can say that it tested fast and perfectly. Right now we're in for a couple days of rain. I'll report back. Thanks again, Ray
2018-9-2
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Hey DJI, are you listening?
2018-9-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

ygor Posted at 2018-9-3 16:39

Here is your answer: New Mavic Pro Firmware Released(2018.09.03)

2018-9-3
Use props
0rcinus
lvl.3
  • >>>
Croatia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-3 18:02
Here is your answer: New Mavic Pro Firmware Released(2018.09.03)

It's actually googles' firmware that was updated.
No remote / drone modules have been changed nor updated in it.
2018-9-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

0rcinus Posted at 2018-9-3 18:20
It's actually googles' firmware that was updated.
No remote / drone modules have been changed nor updated in it.

Case of to subtle Sarcasm...
Thread is about need for Mavic Air FW fixes and update, the link is to Mavic Pro FW update.

2018-9-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Although we all NEED a proper update, are we even sure it won,t break more than what it fix....................
2018-9-4
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123717 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know if this has been boxed off but I don't have time to read all 16 pages of the thread, but DJI most definitely HAVE been deleting negative forum threads about this. I started one, which had a couple of comments including a very unhelpful response from DJI Gamora. The thread was then deleted (I searched in all areas for it, no sign of it). I PM'd DJI Gamora twice (who has been active) and have not had a response. I have also PM'd another admin and also no response and my thread is nowhere to be seen. It may be a moot point if there is now a fix but this isn't particularly good behaviour on an open forum.
2018-9-4
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2018-9-4
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72054 ft
United States

I've commented in one of the other threads and looking for some direction.  I have a 22 day old MA and I have a 30 day return policy. I'm getting the motor current error.  I can pretty much produce it at will but not all the time.  As a new pilot of DJI products it's hard to ascertain from these threads if the issue is firmware related or a true hardware problem. I have several hours of flight time with the MA and would hate to return/exchange it as it would be a PITA. Not sure what to do. Keep it, wait for new firmware and hope for a fix?  Then if no fix send it in for service. Or, exchange it for a new one which might have the same issue if it's firmware related. Depending on the build date of an exchanged unit though it might have .300 firmware.  The return/exchange would require me to send the unit back, wait for them (Adorama) to receive and check.  Then send me a new MA.
2018-9-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

WinterRanger Posted at 2018-9-5 12:52
I've commented in one of the other threads and looking for some direction.  I have a 22 day old MA and I have a 30 day return policy. I'm getting the motor current error.  I can pretty much produce it at will but not all the time.  As a new pilot of DJI products it's hard to ascertain from these threads if the issue is firmware related or a true hardware problem. I have several hours of flight time with the MA and would hate to return/exchange it as it would be a PITA. Not sure what to do. Keep it, wait for new firmware and hope for a fix?  Then if no fix send it in for service. Or, exchange it for a new one which might have the same issue if it's firmware related. Depending on the build date of an exchanged unit though it might have .300 firmware.  The return/exchange would require me to send the unit back, wait for them (Adorama) to receive and check.  Then send me a new MA.

I'm getting the motor current error.  I can pretty much produce it at will but not all the time.  As a new pilot of DJI products it's hard to ascertain from these threads if the issue is firmware related or a true hardware problem

It probably is infamous false flag firmware error.  Is it your MA running .0400 FW?

Keep it, wait for new firmware and hope for a fix?

Being it has been 125 days since last MA firmware released, and DJI has not made a time committment for fixing problem.  I would not count on or have any hopes of problem being fixed.

Then if no fix send it in for service. Or, exchange it for a new one

Based on my experience, I would try to return it to seller for an exchange.  If exchanged MA has same problem, you can either ask for a refund or forget hope and start praying.
If you do exchange your MA and it is running less than .0400, don't upgrade it past .0300 FW.

2018-9-5
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 13:11
I'm getting the motor current error.  I can pretty much produce it at will but not all the time.  As a new pilot of DJI products it's hard to ascertain from these threads if the issue is firmware related or a true hardware problem

It probably is infamous false flag firmware error.  Is it your MA running .0400 FW?

Perfect analysis
2018-9-5
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-5 13:11

It is running .400 and I've reached out to Amodora about an exchange.  Hopefully I don't have to do a full return and hope they will accept my buy it now offer which was under the asking price again.
2018-9-5
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

No news regarding this matter, right?
2018-9-5
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SBasso Posted at 2018-9-5 23:31
No news regarding this matter, right?

The news is....
2018-9-6
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ygor Posted at 2018-9-3 16:39

Negative Ghostrider.  Pattern is full.
2018-9-6
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-3 19:12
Case of to subtle Sarcasm...
Thread is about need for Mavic Air FW fixes and update, the link is to Mavic Pro FW update.

I saw it Hedge.  I laughed.  Then I cried.  Then I launched my MA using .0300  

I'm sorry, did I get that salt on you?  My bad.
2018-9-6
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-4 01:01
Although we all NEED a proper update, are we even sure it won,t break more than what it fix....................

I am normally among the first to test things out, because i normally have options.  In this case, I'll be waiting to see the results for at least a month.  (if they ever release an update!)
2018-9-6
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-9-6 05:25
I am normally among the first to test things out, because i normally have options.  In this case, I'll be waiting to see the results for at least a month.  (if they ever release an update!)

I'm convinced DJI has completely abandoned the MA.  There will never be an update.
2018-9-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

WinterRanger Posted at 2018-9-5 12:52
I've commented in one of the other threads and looking for some direction.  I have a 22 day old MA and I have a 30 day return policy. I'm getting the motor current error.  I can pretty much produce it at will but not all the time.  As a new pilot of DJI products it's hard to ascertain from these threads if the issue is firmware related or a true hardware problem. I have several hours of flight time with the MA and would hate to return/exchange it as it would be a PITA. Not sure what to do. Keep it, wait for new firmware and hope for a fix?  Then if no fix send it in for service. Or, exchange it for a new one which might have the same issue if it's firmware related. Depending on the build date of an exchanged unit though it might have .300 firmware.  The return/exchange would require me to send the unit back, wait for them (Adorama) to receive and check.  Then send me a new MA.

I know many people, including DJI themselves, have claimed the motor current error is a false-positive, can be safely ignored and will not affect the flight of the MA, but over the long weekend I proved them wrong...

I was bringing the MA in for manual landing, full forward with maybe 75% downward throttle, when I got the motor error, and when I looked at the drone, it was bucking back and forth in the air like a mad Bronco at the rodeo! This behaviour lasted about 3-5 seconds, and then it levelled out, so once again DJI's stance that this can be safely ignored is pure BS...

I've had several of these errors that seemed false-positive, as the drone behaved normally, but this was the first time it actually got REALLY unstable as a result.

As Wayne just said, I think DJI have completely abandoned this drone, and won't lift a finger to fix it. I'll be stunned if I see a FW update before the end of this year!
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-9-6 08:51
I'm convinced DJI has completely abandoned the MA.  There will never be an update.

Oh, Surely Not?  Tell me it's not so!
That could point to demise of all those ancient drones like Mavic Pro Platinum.
Oh manue, I own one those dinosaur drones!
Perhaps that retailer memo was not that far off?

2018-9-6
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-9-6 08:51

and i'll be flying on .0300 until i purchase a new aircraft.
2018-9-6
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

I hear they are bringing a new colour variant for the Mavic Air.

LEMON.

Lemon in colour, lemon by nature... I hope not.
2018-9-6
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-5 22:31
Activetrack is just buggy as crap.. not a mavic Air .400 update based issue.. my Mavic Pro attacked me multiple times and crashes itself multiple times active tracking.  It’s just universally broken across every Dji drone.  Some drones handle it better l, but they eventually get tired of behaving and will attack or crash.

My Mavic Pro is experiencing slight drift issue (side to side and up and down, and even struggles to maintain location lock over grass) in latest update, however I can roll my Mavic Pro back 2 firmwares and the slight drift doesn’t exist for me anymore it’s 100% solid locked in position.  So there seems to be connection with the latest update changing how compensation works universally..? Dji changes something in the latest set of updates and for a selection of drones it isn’t behaving as expected I’m not sure why it’s such a mixed bag.

I agree that activetrack has always been buggy...I have never trusted it.  Actually, never used it outside of my front yard and just decided it really wasn't something I needed to use because it just didn't quite meet expectations.  Or, I'm not able take the risk of giving up flight control.  
2018-9-6
Use props
WinterRanger
lvl.2
United States

Well I worked it out with Amadora to return and reorder at the same price. So that'll give me another 30 days to test on hopefully a drone that comes with .300 installed.  More to come.
2018-9-6
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

This past Monday I got two weird/unexpected 1/8 yaw turns that got me to look at the forum this afternoon.  It happened early on using my first battery of the morning, used all 4 batteries that day and did not notice any other weirdness.  Will go home tonight and look for a firmware update.
2018-9-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-6 09:18
I know many people, including DJI themselves, have claimed the motor current error is a false-positive, can be safely ignored and will not affect the flight of the MA, but over the long weekend I proved them wrong...

I was bringing the MA in for manual landing, full forward with maybe 75% downward throttle, when I got the motor error, and when I looked at the drone, it was bucking back and forth in the air like a mad Bronco at the rodeo! This behaviour lasted about 3-5 seconds, and then it levelled out, so once again DJI's stance that this can be safely ignored is pure BS...

Don't you think it's about time to inform the community that you have significantly modified your RC and thus voided your warranty? No wonder that you don't send your aircraft back for all your perceived problems which (if true) certainly would be valid warranty cases. You also do not seem to ask yourself whether your own hardware modifications might play a role in all this but you prefer to continue restlessly with your crusade. I sincerely hope that by now other forum members with some brain will understand the "truth" of your stories here.
Capture.JPG
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules