384 2 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PCA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21942 ft
Philippines

I have some questions.
1. Dose the video transmission go through the controller or straight to the iPhone?
2. How is the video feed affected by airplane mode?
3. Why is my default channel 5.8 in the Philippines?
4. Have there been any common problems with the Mavic Air controller?
2018-6-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

1. The video is encoded on the drone using “air encoder” as a h.264 live feed at a loose variable bitrate.  This is than passed threw the controller to the phone, the remote does zero conversion. the phone than has to decode that h.264 stream in real time.   This is why some devices are laggier than others.

2. Airplane mode disables your phone’s and tablet’s WiFi and cellular connection and this in theory helps improve signal quality as will be less competing wireless signals right next to the remote, also disconnects your phone/tablet from internet so apps do less background work with no connection and thus intern helps free up cpu and memory resources from those apps that can no longer connect and are suspended until reconnection.

3.  5.8ghz is the default everywhere it is legal..   in theory 5.8Ghz is superior on WiFi because few people use 5.8Ghz vs 2.4Ghz. Plus more channels in 5.8Ghz spectrum with less crossover between channels. That’s the theory atleast..

4. No common issues I have seen or heard of relating specifically to the mavic air remote.  
2018-6-5
Use props
PCA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21942 ft
Philippines

Thanks this helps
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules