Spark with poor signal
3151 7 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rawdriver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3136 ft
Romania

Hi guys I'm new on the forum so I've been flying my spark for two months now and well over the noob situation( no affence to new owners) but I am seeing something strange happening. Either I m on the field with no interfference or I'm over the city I still lose vertical signal after 150 m height and loosing my video feed. I've been  using an otg cable with an original iphone cable and a chineese direct usb to lighting short cable and the result is still the same , like max 200 m height after that signal lost annd activating rth... Am I missing smth or am I doing it wrong ? I'm waiting for some range extenders to see if they do the job . But can my drone have any other problem ? Thx in advance
2018-6-6
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

There is nothing wrong with your spark.
Keep in mind latest app version is not always the best.
Also are you flying on 5.8 GHZ or 2.4 GHZ, makes a different.
If you are on 5.8 it's normal since you are living in Romania(CE power)
2018-6-6
Use props
Rawdriver
lvl.1
Romania

yes in 5.8 ..but I didn't get the romania part ?! are we different in regullations?! and even if I am near the drone I don't have full bars ?!
2018-6-6
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Rawdriver Posted at 2018-6-6 00:52
yes in 5.8 ..but I didn't get the romania part ?! are we different in regullations?!  and even if I am near the drone I don't have full bars ?!

The main problem for the Europe is that we have to comply to CE regulations that have 20x less alowed power for the 5,8GHz band than the US FCC. When you take a look at oficial DJI Specs you will notice that while in the US the max range is 2km via 5,8GHz, in Europe it is only 300m ... (and even that is highly overrated in most cases, I usually get about 60m with unmodified app).

Max Transmission Distance
2.412 - 2.462 GHz (unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.3 mi (500 m)
SRRC: 0.3 mi (500 m); MIC: 0.3 mi (500 m)
5.745 - 5.825 GHz (unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.18 mi (300 m)
SRRC: 0.7 mi (1.2 km); MIC: -

If you need a better flight distance you can try to switch to 2,4Ghz between the Remote and the Spark (this band has less strict limits, still the max distance is about 500m as posted above). This usually requires an OTG cable to connect your phone to the RC as many European android devices can't use the 5,8GHz band (which you have to use to allow the RC - Spark to use the 2,4GHz).

Another solution is to either use a hacked version of DJI GO 4 app that uses the FCC regulations limits, or to fool the oficial version of the App to think that you are in the US and it aplies the FCC limits as well.
2018-6-6
Use props
Rawdriver
lvl.1
Romania

Vyborny83 Posted at 2018-6-6 03:48
The main problem for the Europe is that we have to comply to CE regulations that have 20x less alowed power for the 5,8GHz band than the US FCC. When you take a look at oficial DJI Specs you will notice that while in the US the max range is 2km via 5,8GHz, in Europe it is only 300m ... (and even that is highly overrated in most cases, I usually get about 60m with unmodified app).

Max Transmission Distance

well is that a bummer ... I was hopping you didn't confirm what I was reading o the net but if I may ask how will I choose between the bands ? before I plug the cable or after !? that is a new thing for me I think
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like the answers above, the max distance for Spark in 5.8GHz is 0.18 mi (300 m) in CE mode, 0.3 mi (500 m) for 2.4GHz.
You can try to connect the RC via the WiFi, check the interference of the current channel before taking off.
Besides, flight environment is significant for the flight distance, I suggest that you try different open areas for flying.
Check the antennas position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.
The firmware should also be updated.
If these do not work, I suggest contacting our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-10
Use props
Rawdriver
lvl.1
Romania

yep all you say seems legit so I'll take it all into consideration...but I just can't figure it out how to get into 2.5 still using otg cable..
2018-6-11
Use props
Sean Van Linda-Looney
New

Rotate your antennas after you unfold them.
2019-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules