OTG connection between receiver and smartphone
1054 5 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kitejust4fun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 538 ft
France

Hello, i cannot see a clear answet about OTG link feature. I've heard ot was removed from recent version of DJI GO 4. I do need this feature because video link is shaggy when i fly too far. I've heard that OTG link can solve this issue. Am I right ?
2018-6-6
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

OTG can never work properly nor save anyone. Please continue to use WiFi without any interruptions.
2018-6-6
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

It works for me.  Otg is good. Surprised to see overwise.
2018-6-6
Use props
kitejust4fun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 538 ft
France

Blellow Posted at 2018-6-6 10:39
It works for me.  Otg is good. Surprised to see overwise.

That what I mean. No clear assertion about it. Does someone know if video feedback will be wi-fi between the spark and the remote controller then brought by OTG between the controller to the mobile device ?

Another question, when i get the too wrak signal message and the video feedback hung (no OTB only wi-fi), is the wi-fi signal from the spark to the remote which is responsible ? so I don't understand how the OTG will help ? Does the wi-fi frequency used between spark and remote controller implie more or less video feedback range ? Where the OtG help in this ?
2018-6-7
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Hi Kite,

I notice you are from France.

OTG works like this - Phone -----> OTG Cable -------> Remote    (((   <-------- WIFI ------------>    )))   Spark

There are 2 Types of Wifi Power between Remote and Spark - One is called CE Mode (For Europe) and other is called FCC Mode (For USA)

Now the Problem here in Europe is that Spark use 5.8GHz to connect from Spark to Remote and 2.4GHz from Remote to Phone

The 5.8GHz Power in CE Mode is very bad, meaning Low in Power and this results in a Very Short Range

OTG is used for a more stable connection between Remote and Phone, imagine a Cable Internet vs Wifi Internet. Cable Internet has a Physical Connection via Cable. Meaning more Stable than an Air Signal.

If you use OTG and force a 2.4GHz connection between Spark and Remote thats the best you option, 2.4GHz is a Longer Wave and will give you a bit more power for us in Europe using CE Mode. Then only draw back is that Channels then to be more busy in 2.4GHz as home wifis, phones, etc... mostly use 2.4GHz here in Europe. So in Urban Areas its a bit hard to use 2.4GHz.

Here are some Power Comparisons to see difference between CE and FCC Mode:

The transmitter power is the same for both. Antennas and encoding make the difference.

The specs say: Spark:

Transmitter Power (EIRP)        

2.4 GHz
FCC: ≤26 dBm; CE: ≤18 dBm; SRCC: ≤18 dBm; MIC: ≤18 dBm

5.8 GHz
FCC: ≤28 dBm; CE: ≤14 dBm; SRCC: ≤26 dBm; MIC: -

The dBm in CE is ridiculous !
The dBm between FCC and CE at 2.4GHz is 8dBm that makes a difference from EC - 500m to FCC - 2000m range.
The dBm between FCC and CE at 5.8GHz is 14dBm that makes a difference from EC - 300m to FCC -  2000m range.

If you have problems let me know as this is a Complicated Topic.

2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, as of the moment we are recommending using a wifi connection from your RC to your phone because currently the OTG cable is optimized for using a DJI Goggles only, however, we will keep improving our apps to provide better service and if you're having an issue with your spark you could go ahead and provide the video link here using Dropbox or google drive as well. Thank you.
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules