DJI GO or something else?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4b62ed86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys.
With the possible introduction of 400ft height restriction, of which Im not happy about, I know DJI will make it mandatory and include it in DJI Go.

So, do any of you use anything different to fly with and if so how do you find it?

Does it show all the same features as DJI Go.

Does it limit your range and height.

Does it have all the Geofence restrictions as DJI Go.

Tell me as much as you like about it because I really want to fly without height and distance limits.
I fly 99% of the time out to see to take coastal shots.

Thank you in anticipation of your assistance.

Buzz
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Good day! I appreciate your time inquiring this information to us. However, as of this moment, we only have one supported application that is authorized by DJI. We actually do not recommend third-party apps because it will automatically void the warranty if damage will occur.
2018-6-6
Use props
fans4b62ed86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-6 08:45
Good day! I appreciate your time inquiring this information to us. However, as of this moment, we only have one supported application that is authorized by DJI. We actually do not recommend third-party apps because it will automatically void the warranty if damage will occur.

Wanda, thank you for your reply.
I do fully appreciate and understand the warranty issue, but unless DJI offer the option to 'opt out' of distance and height limitations others may also seek an alternative app.

I understand DJI's need to comply with legislation, but so long as they build it in to their apps, and give the flyer a choice to comply all will be fine.
I know Im not on my own with this issue.

Buzz
2018-6-6
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you'll find that other app (Like Litchi for example) use the DJI SDK, so chances are they will be constrained by the DJI 400' limitation too...

Jeff
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans4b62ed86 Posted at 2018-6-6 08:50
Wanda, thank you for your reply.
I do fully appreciate and understand the warranty issue, but unless DJI offer the option to 'opt out' of distance and height limitations others may also seek an alternative app.

I understand your side, Buzz. Thank you for your understanding also and have a safe and enjoyable flight.
2018-6-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

With the possible introduction of 400ft height restriction, of which Im not happy about, I know DJI will make it mandatory and include it in DJI Go.
And you know that how?
DJI has always left the choice to comply with local rules up to the flyer.
What makes you so sure that will be changing?
It sounds like you are worrying about nothing.

FYI, whatever your local altitude rules are, they are based on the height of the aircraft above the ground (directly below it).
DJI have no way of measuring or restricting your height above ground.
They can only work from your height above the launch point.
Because there's plenty of the planet that's not pancake flat, there's no country that has a rule about how high you are allowed to fly relative to your launch point.

2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules