Panorama/Photo Sphere issues
881 8 2018-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NickC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33950 ft
United States

Ever since I got my Spark I've never been able to get any of the autonomous panoramic stitching features to work with it. The process always seems to start and then after a few moments I'll get a message that it failed. I'm beginning to think it's a hardware issue possibly with my gimble. Can anyone help?

Here's a screengrab from my latest attempt showing it fail twice.
A few things to note that I've noticed:
- not in restricted airspace. this flight is about half a mile from a restricted area but I've experienced the same issue in areas well away from restricted flight zones
- attempted this same thing in different places during different lighting and wind conditions
- not in sport mode while attempting to use pano features
- tried at various levels of battery (this example was near the end of a pack but the same issue happens on a full charge as well)
- sometimes I get a gimble overload error other times I don't as seen in the video
- the vertical images seem to work as the autonomous process begins but it seems like once a horizontal rotation is required the drone times out

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance!
2018-6-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Gimbal overload points to something that is obstructing the gimbal.
Most user have seen that only on the ground, in higher grass p.ex.
Is it freely moving in all directions, when off?
2018-6-6
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

it may be because of a filter or similar placed over the lens?
a gimbal cover? sun shade thing?
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry that you are having an issue with the gimbal of your Spark. As I see in the picture posted it is showing an error message " Gimbal Motor Overload ". The best thing we can do is please send the Spark in for repair so that we will be able to completely check the status of the gimbal of the Spark. I will be posting a link for you to create an online repair request.

https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-6-7
Use props
NickC
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven - It seems to move freely in all directions. Also when flying normally the gimbal stabilization and vertical tilt seem fine.

dj dread - I do have a circular polarization filter on it. I was having this issue before I installed that tho. I'll try again with it off today to see if it was a contributing factor.

DJI Stephen - thanks for the link I was really hoping that it was just user error but I've had the spark for about 6 months and read about every article I could find and can't get that feature to work. Might be best to send it in while it's still under warranty
2018-6-7
Use props
NickC
lvl.1
United States

dj_dread Posted at 2018-6-6 23:49
it may be because of a filter or similar placed over the lens?
a gimbal cover? sun shade thing?

You know what I tried doing panoramas again after removing the filter and it seems to work. Thank you so much. I could have sworn I had tried and failed before installing that but your suggestion got me to take a second look into that. Thanks!
2018-6-8
Use props
NickC
lvl.1
United States

Finally got to make one of these myself!
2018-6-8
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

NickC Posted at 2018-6-8 12:57
[view_image]

Finally got to make one of these myself!

great job! enjoy!
2018-6-8
Use props
djiuser_lvtTUti8ybFX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48888 ft
United States

Hello im new here and im not sure if this is the right place for this post. I recently purchased the DJI Spark and i dont have the option to use the panarama feature. I done a down grade and still nothing,can anyone help or guide me toward the correct thread? Thank You.
2019-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules