Issues with connecting
1191 12 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoseGolwort
lvl.1
New Zealand

I've had my Mavic Pro for the last 18months, sadly I haven't been able to use it as much as I would have liked..... work gets in the way with that.
I started using the drone with a Samsung S7 and had no issues at all with it.
I smashed that phone in a wee accident, so upgraded to an Samsung S8.

In Jan 18, I decided to get the Mavic out. It connected first go, and then bombarded me with a few updates to do. The updates froze and it took several attempts to upload but it finally did. Sadly the drone never got airborne

Today I decided it was time to try again, now I get the attached error when I try and connect to the RC (while the drones powered on).

I've tried numerous things, nothing has seemed to work. No unplugging the USB doesn't work. Neither did using the different ports on the RC.
Cables are 100% ok.
Powering on and off the devices in random and different orders was a no go.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI app didn't work.
RC modes a no go, as is trying to connect over WIFI.

Has anyone else reported this error? If so, how was it fixed?
Right now all I have is an expensive paperweight sitting on my desk at home. There are no DJI dealers near where I now live as well to send to it to have a look at.

Error message

Error message

Regards.
Joe

2018-6-7
Use props
martin joãoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

Did you grant all permissions when you re-installed the djigo4 app?
Have you tried to refresh the drone software via the dji assistant on a laptop?
I am using an S8+ and have never seen this pop up. Good luck
2018-6-7
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

What is the settings on your USB port? Could it be set to charging?
2018-6-7
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Sorry you are having problems. Have you tried updating the Mavic Pro through DJI Assistant 2? I always update my drones with Assistant 2 as I find it much more reliable than to update with a mobile device. Best of luck!
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry that you are having these issues on you Mavic Pro. Let us try to troubleshoot these issue. Please try to update the firmware of your Mavic Pro with the most recent DJI Assistant 2 firmware ( https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads ). Just in case these process will not work. The best thing that we can do is to send the Mavic Pro in for repair. I will be posting a link for you to create an online repair request ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ).
2018-6-7
Use props
JoseGolwort
lvl.1
New Zealand

martin joãoo Posted at 2018-6-7 02:23
Did you grant all permissions when you re-installed the djigo4 app?
Have you tried to refresh the drone software via the dji assistant on a laptop?
I am using an S8+ and have never seen this pop up. Good luck

Yes I have granted all the permissions. Haven't tried to update or refresh the software via the assistant. that will be today's job I think.
Thanks for the assist
2018-6-7
Use props
JoseGolwort
lvl.1
New Zealand

G_Sig Posted at 2018-6-7 03:33
What is the settings on your USB port? Could it be set to charging?

Its definitely set to file transfer.
Even put the ph to developer mode and allowed USB debugging, but that didn't work.
2018-6-7
Use props
JoseGolwort
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-7 09:33
I am sorry that you are having these issues on you Mavic Pro. Let us try to troubleshoot these issue. Please try to update the firmware of your Mavic Pro with the most recent DJI Assistant 2 firmware ( https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads ). Just in case these process will not work. The best thing that we can do is to send the Mavic Pro in for repair. I will be posting a link for you to create an online repair request ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ).

Thanks heaps.
I'll give that a try and let you know how I get on.
2018-6-7
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Have a look here.  Try these steps and see if it helps.  Seems possibly an android problem.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-151530-1-2.html

Basically here is what poltergeist004 said.  I will quote how he got working.

1. Enable developer mode in Android (Go to Settings, System, About Phone and click on the Build number 7 times)
2.  Go to Settings, System, then open Developer Mode
3. Scroll and  enable "USB Debugging"

Now here is the kicker that got it working because I already had USB Debugging enabled.

4. If you have a lock screen setup either via PIN or fingerprint you have to disable it.
5. Remove the lock screen and restart your phone.
2018-6-7
Use props
JoseGolwort
lvl.1
New Zealand

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-7 12:07
Have a look here.  Try these steps and see if it helps.  Seems possibly an android problem.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-151530-1-2.html

Basically here is what poltergeist004 said.  I will quote how he got working.

Potentially is an Andriod issue. I already have USB debugging set up on my phone. Like poltergeist, I had disabled my lock screen as I was getting annoyed while troubleshooting having to continuously unlock my phone.
restarting the phone with all the above done still didn't resolve the issue.
Still cannot connect to the RC and drone.
Thanks for your assist
2018-6-7
Use props
JoseGolwort
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-7 09:33
I am sorry that you are having these issues on you Mavic Pro. Let us try to troubleshoot these issue. Please try to update the firmware of your Mavic Pro with the most recent DJI Assistant 2 firmware ( https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads ). Just in case these process will not work. The best thing that we can do is to send the Mavic Pro in for repair. I will be posting a link for you to create an online repair request ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ).

Used the assistant to download the latest software.
Took 4 attempts as it kept erroring out with the error "undefined 0x020106" appearing.
that happened on a couple of older firmware versions.
Finally got the latest one to work. Drone says its current firmware state is V01.04.0300

Tried once again to connect the RC to the drone with no success (RRC and WiFi modes). I had the same message appearing on the DJI app as shown in my first post.
I also tried to use the online repair request but it seems it's not set up for my country (NZ).

Will try my partner's ph to see if that works (though that's an S8+ so might not work) and then use an apple phone when I can get my hands on one.
If that fails then I'll be out of ideas.
2018-6-7
Use props
JoseGolwort
lvl.1
New Zealand

Found my old S5 lying around. Android version is a 6. something thing.  so above the version recommended, and the phone is compatible with the maivc pro.
still won't connect. looks like a drone issue not an android/phone issue now.
S8's android is 8.0.0
Updating it to the latest version now to see if that does anything.
2018-6-7
Use props
JoseGolwort
lvl.1
New Zealand

Its a controller error.
So got the same prompt message

On all 3 phone (S5, S8, and S8+)

Just tried to connect to the DJI assistant, and it cants detect it. My laptop pick it up as is show a DJI USB device connected, however it won't load into the DJI interface to update.
All I get on the controller is the annoying "connecting" display.
USB port works as its currently charging, the controller...so cables ok as well.
Different "know good" cable just do the same thing.

The C1 C2 REC....near noise then SNAPSHOT button trick doesn't force the controller to connect.

Is there a hard factory reset you can do on the RC to try and kick it in the guts? Or do i have to send it in for someone to look at for about 10secs to do it?

I also the because I cant access any functions on the controller, the DJI GO app OR the DJI Assistant software, I cant do or change anything within the controller.
There is also no signal strength for the RC...just a scrolling bar next to it.

The app just says disconnected, and you cant access anything with the camera veiw screen.
2018-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules