My quick initial connection procedure
556 3 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neal McGuire
lvl.2

United States

I'm not an expect on drones, but I have found that this procedure consistantly results in a quick initial connection between the RC and the MA. I know some of the steps seem trivial, but they are not. Anytime I deviate, the connect takes longer or is unstable. I hope this help others.

• Leave smart watch in the car. (blue tooth)
  • Switch your cell phone to airplan mode. This should turn off the bluetooth, wifi and cell signals.
  • Close all background apps
  • Install the cell phone into the craddle. Have the usb plugged into the phone but disconnected at the RC. (also antennasup, thumb controls on, etc)
  • Start the DJI Go 4 app.
  • Click "Enter Device"
  • Click "Connect to the aircraft"
  • Click "Wired Connection"
  • Unfold the drone and click next
  • Start the drone, wait for the start tones.
  • Start the RC. Wait for it to start completely.
  • Click next
  • Plug the ubs cable into the RC unit. DJI Go 4 should start looking for the drone.

Connection occurs within 5 seconds.

If others find this procedure usefull, please let me know. It might be just my drone, or just observation bias. But either way, feedback will help.

2018-6-7
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

My start up is different to that.

1:  Put phone (Galaxy s8) in airplane mode
2: Unfold and power on Air
3: Power on RC.
4: Wait for green connection light - takes a few seconds
5: Plug RC to Phone - this boots up DJI Go4 app automatically.
6: So long as there's no calibration issues, ready to fly.
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I understand that you are looking for the proper steps on how to prepare your Mavic Air for flight. Do not forget to put your mobile device to airplane mode so that there will be no interruption when flying the drone. I will be posting a video link as well. This video link will show some tips on how to prepare the Mavic for flight.

2018-6-7
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

My system is almost the opposite. I prepare the phone first, including cranking the screen brightness up all the way. I hook it up to RC but do not turn the RC on. I then turn the craft on, and wait for the calibrations etc. to finish. When I finally turn the RC on, it does not take much for it to launch the app, and give me the "go fly"...

But if I ever have to fly MA via phone only, and end up pairing it with the remote again later; it takes ages. I actually do it home before I pack up instead of sweating on the field...
2018-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules