Dji Spark or Parrot Anafi ?
12Next >
8277 41 2018-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jacksonnai
Captain

which do you prefer ? Dji Spark or Parrot Anafi ? Share your opinion with me ! Comment down below.
Single SelectVote, Total 36 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

dji_cp_pt_000731_spark_quadcopter_alpine_white_1495641026000_1339534[1].jpg

Dji Spark

26Ticket 72.22%

Parrot-Anafi-594x420[1].jpg

Parrot Anafi

10Ticket 27.78%

Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-6-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

DJI Spark for me.
2018-6-7
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

This will be a very strong competitor, I can tell you that. I own the Bebop 2, and it is very capable, but it has a few obvious flaws, like its size (not foldable), the size of the RC, the camera (picture quality), and all of these seem to have been addressed. Plus, they say that the connection system has been improved. It's true that I don't quite get the same range as the Spark at its best, but the Bebop is more reliable, e.g. I always get about the same range. Also, it is very easy to put it into FCC mode, no hacking required (hopefully, they won't change that), and that way it goes a lot farther than the CE- Spark.

If the camera is really good, it could even be as good as the Mavic Air.
2018-6-7
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

The ANAFI looks like a really good aircraft with some cool features, but is closer to the Mavic Air's price with a mix of features that is just different than the Spark and Mavic Air.  Below is a video I made about my initial impressions of the announced features of the ANAFI.

2018-6-7
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

At $700 USD, its steeper than the Spark.... more a Mav Air competitor... but its 2 axis gimbal makes the Air a better bet.  The 180 degree vertical travel of the gimbal is sorta neat, but how often do you fly under something?  Thanks for the video Dave
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Northwood Posted at 2018-6-7 10:18
At $700 USD, its steeper than the Spark.... more a Mav Air competitor... but its 2 axis gimbal makes the Air a better bet.  The 180 degree vertical travel of the gimbal is sorta neat, but how often do you fly under something?  Thanks for the video Dave

ya I think we should compare it with Mavic Air
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

KlooGee Posted at 2018-6-7 08:27
The ANAFI looks like a really good aircraft with some cool features, but is closer to the Mavic Air's price with a mix of features that is just different than the Spark and Mavic Air.  Below is a video I made about my initial impressions of the announced features of the ANAFI.

https://youtu.be/jMAzcPgxXI0

nice video by the way it help a lot
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

KurtVD Posted at 2018-6-7 08:10
This will be a very strong competitor, I can tell you that. I own the Bebop 2, and it is very capable, but it has a few obvious flaws, like its size (not foldable), the size of the RC, the camera (picture quality), and all of these seem to have been addressed. Plus, they say that the connection system has been improved. It's true that I don't quite get the same range as the Spark at its best, but the Bebop is more reliable, e.g. I always get about the same range. Also, it is very easy to put it into FCC mode, no hacking required (hopefully, they won't change that), and that way it goes a lot farther than the CE- Spark.

If the camera is really good, it could even be as good as the Mavic Air.

ya I agree with that
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

I think we can't compare the spark with the anafi the price point are different
2018-6-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-6-7 16:53
I think we can't compare the spark with the anafi the price point are different

I just don't trust how the other Parrot drones land, they come down hard not like how the Spark slows and raises its camera before landing.

The specs are better on the Anafi but the overall flying experience my guess wouldn't be quite as quality compared to the Spark? Personally I like a soft landing.  
2018-6-7
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Battery time is a BIIIIG downside on spark...parrots products have the upperhand on this one...
And perhaps the anafi drops price like the discontinued parrot disco, who knows( dont thinks this will happen though)"
Range without RC is way waaay better on parrot also, (getting 80-90 meters with spark, and 3-400meters on bebop2)
Speed right out of the box, with no RC is also better on parrot, everything is full open, on dji it is stuck on BABYMODE. Getting sick and tired of this, dont want to carry a controller around with me.
Design. Well spark for me..think the anafi looks ugly, and half done, and that gimbal setup, look wanerable to me..
2018-6-7
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spark for me. I think that having learned to fly using the DJI app, I'd not want the hassle of learning a new system. Plus the support from DJI in my experience is first class, so I trust them.
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-6-7 20:36
Spark for me. I think that having learned to fly using the DJI app, I'd not want the hassle of learning a new system. Plus the support from DJI in my experience is first class, so I trust them.

Ya I agree with that
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-7 19:59
I just don't trust how the other Parrot drones land, they come down hard not like how the Spark slows and raises its camera before landing.

The specs are better on the Anafi but the overall flying experience my guess wouldn't be quite as quality compared to the Spark? Personally I like a soft landing.

I like that the Dji drone motor will spin a couple time (1 or 2 sec) before it take of not like other drone will take of immediately. It give me a short time to prepare myself  before flying, not take off immediately and fright me out.
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-6-7 20:13
Battery time is a BIIIIG downside on spark...parrots products have the upperhand on this one...
And perhaps the anafi drops price like the discontinued parrot disco, who knows( dont thinks this will happen though)"
Range without RC is way waaay better on parrot also, (getting 80-90 meters with spark, and 3-400meters on bebop2)

Nice comparasion
2018-6-7
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

KlooGee Posted at 2018-6-7 08:27

I like the concept of Parrot Anafi. I'm surprised its top speed is 33 MPH considering wind speed and cutting through the air will be affected aerodynamically by how the camera is designed?

If you look closely, the air resistance first comes into contact with the drone's camera how it is designed and positioned. Specifically, when the drone is moving forward, the shape of open air cutting through the drone seems it will be distorted by the camera's width being greater than the drone's front body? DJI drones are designed with the body exposed in front of the camera to travel through air resistance more efficiently. This is an important feature in enabling greater speed and stability.

2018-6-7
Use props
Weesel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133179 ft
Switzerland

Hi!

Spark is 1 year older and only 2/3 the Price. Just to Keep in mind

Somewhere is stated that a spare Battery for the Parrot will be around 99$ - thats 2 Spark Batteries which - at least for me - relativises the longer flight time a bit.

The 180° gimbal Feature makes no sense to me at all. If I want a Picture of the sky I will take my Canon... I'd definately choose a 3-Axis gimbal drone like Mavic.

Greetz
Weesel
2018-6-8
Use props
azswift
First Officer
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

I'm a little shocked that the Anafi has NO collision avoidance tech.  Who here feels they never need help avoiding obstacles?  My excitement over the Anafi ended when I saw that lack of tech.
2018-6-8
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

azswift Posted at 2018-6-8 07:43
I'm a little shocked that the Anafi has NO collision avoidance tech.  Who here feels they never need help avoiding obstacles?  My excitement over the Anafi ended when I saw that lack of tech.

I turned off OA on my Spark at first so I could fly it indoors and in my yard. Now that I'm out and about, I like to do some low level and proximity flying and haven't turned it back on since. The lack of OA on the Anafi wouldn't bother me.
2018-6-8
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

And I also like the upward pointing lens. I doubt that I'd use it very often, but that extra option would sure be nice to have in some situations.
2018-6-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-6-8 11:14
And I also like the upward pointing lens. I doubt that I'd use it very often, but that extra option would sure be nice to have in some situations.

ya I agree with that maybe we can take shot under a cliff with people climbing it
2018-6-8
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

parrot anafi do well bcos it has battery life and good wind resistance.
2018-6-9
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-6-8 21:12
ya I agree with that maybe we can take shot under a cliff with people climbing it

Right, and the the shot from below in the promo of the guy walking the suspension bridge caught my attention. It added a unique perspective that we haven't seen in drone shots.
2018-6-9
Use props
DPJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United Kingdom

When i first saw the release video, i thought it looked like a great option to the Mavic Air. After reading a few blogs and tech pages about the Anafi, i'm not so sure. The lack of collision avoidance is negligible really, how many of us have actually put the Sparks collision avoidance into full use? The 180 camera is interesting, but to me, it's a bit of gimmick to make the drone stand out in a market full of Mavic wannabe's. I think i'll wait for the mad rush sale of Airs to get the Anafi, then snap up a bargain, or two if the money allows
2018-6-10
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120623 ft

I think it looks good.... I love the fact that it has a zoom function on the camera and various fps and 4k.....
2018-6-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Paul Lee Posted at 2018-6-10 10:13
I think it looks good.... I love the fact that it has a zoom function on the camera and various fps and 4k.....
Parrot Anafi Review

Thx that video help a lot
2018-6-10
Use props
SotirisT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 708448 ft
Greece

If the question is between Spark and Anafi, I would answer BOTH, as they are very different animals.

If the question was between Mavic (Pro, Platinum or Air) then I would pick the Anafi.

2018-6-12
Use props
dudez7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741778 ft
Singapore

There's a good comparison chart @ https://dronedj.com/2018/06/08/p ... -air-and-mavic-pro/

Also do note that anafi having Mechanical Gimbal on 2-axis Roll/Tilt angles  and relying Electronic (EIS) on Pan angle.

Happy hunting

2018-6-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

SotirisT Posted at 2018-6-12 04:23
If the question is between Spark and Anafi, I would answer BOTH, as they are very different animals.

If the question was between Mavic (Pro, Platinum or Air) then I would pick the Anafi.

Hmmm... how if the Autel release the Evo and the Dji release a new product maybe S2?,MP2? And the phantom 5 at the same time. That will be a big war lol. Gun shoots every where
2018-6-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

dudez7 Posted at 2018-6-12 16:08
There's a good comparison chart @ https://dronedj.com/2018/06/08/p ... -air-and-mavic-pro/

Also do note that anafi having Mechanical Gimbal on 2-axis Roll/Tilt angles  and relying Electronic (EIS) on Pan angle.

Thank that help a lot
2018-6-12
Use props
dudez7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741778 ft
Singapore

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-6-12 17:19
Hmmm... how if the Autel release the Evo and the Dji release a new product maybe S2?,MP2? And the phantom 5 at the same time. That will be a big war lol. Gun shoots every where

Infact Autel EVO going to release on June 25th, 2018! :

2018-6-12
Use props
maddox
Captain

spark for me
2018-6-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think between those two the Anafi for me though I wouldn't sell my Mavic Air for it.
2018-6-13
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

if it lives up to 90+% of its claims, Anafi would be quite a capable machine. really makes me wonder what DJI will bring to market next - for now I'll amuse myself happily with my Spark, and become a savvy "late-adopter" of some next-gen offering.
2018-6-13
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Really happy with my Spark as it meets with my requirements. However Anafi looks a great machine in its own environment,, Price difference would see me vote for the Spark.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI2003
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23425 ft
United Kingdom

Anafi, as its fold-able
2018-6-14
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

dudez7 Posted at 2018-6-12 18:03
Infact Autel EVO going to release on June 25th, 2018! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn504kdoRg4

That was nice there will be a 3 side gun fight
2018-6-16
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I have my Spark, but thinking more and more about getting also an Anafi. The sky-view-cam is a selling point, methinks.
And lots of modes to go for.
Ok, the Vertigo effect may become a bit to much, soon, on drone videos, but there is trully some nice footage out, on youtube already
2018-6-17
Use props
思想不正確
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479117 ft
Hong Kong

I'd like to get an USED spark, but within warranty!! it should be the BEST option!
2018-6-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

思想不正確 Posted at 2018-6-17 06:37
I'd like to get an USED spark, but within warranty!! it should be the BEST option!

did you mean the refurbished product ?
2018-6-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules