Compass calibration error... Over and over
6485 10 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Surferek
lvl.1
Poland

Hello, Im troubleing with my Mavic PRO. Any time I power-on and connect to device my DJI GO app telling me that my compass is not calibrated. I never faced before that kind of problem and I feel stuck, what should I do next to fix this problem. Application tells me to calibrate compass because of metal interfference but i think its not the reason, because i've tried to calibrate my mavic in many places. Also second error which pop up tells me to check the module installation direction. In addition im also trying to update software but when i press "update" button process stuck at 0 % and its cancelled by touching anywhere at screen.
2018-6-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Can you try updating via a pc. download Dji Assistant 2 from dji web page and try
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry that you are having issues with the compass of your Mavic Pro. Let us try to troubleshoot this issue. Can you please check if you have the latest DJI Assistant 2 firmware for your Mavic Pro. I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads ). Please try to update the firmware of the Mavic Pro and try to calibrate the compass once again.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try to restore the factory defaults and update the firmware using DJI assistant 2. Please follow the steps below.

Note: Need to be charged above 50% both aircraft and remote controller.

1. Visit the official DJI website and go to the Mavic product page                                       
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads. Download the DJI assistant 2 tool. If you're using Mac please choose ''DMG'' file and if you're using Windows, please choose ''EXE''.                               
2. Connect the aircraft or the remote controller that you want to update to your computer                                       
Using a regular micro USB cable once installed open DJI Assistant 2                                       
Note: Update Aircraft first before Remote controller                                       
3. Your connected DJI device will show under connected devices in DJI Assistant 2                                       
When your Login click the device icon then click Firmware update to enter the update interface                                       
4. Then click to start update.                                       
2018-6-8
Use props
Surferek
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-8 07:49
Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try to restore the factory defaults and update the firmware using DJI assistant 2. Please follow the steps below.

Thanks for your and all others  suggestions how to solve my issue. For now after restoring all settings to default, drone  behave like it seems to be normal. I will try it tomorrow on open space to check if everything is fine for sure and give you all information about this case.  
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Surferek Posted at 2018-6-8 13:07
Thanks for your and all others  suggestions how to solve my issue. For now after restoring all settings to default, drone  behave like it seems to be normal. I will try it tomorrow on open space to check if everything is fine for sure and give you all information about this case.

Hello,

I'm happy to hear that and you're welcome. Have a safe flight.
2018-6-8
Use props
Surferek
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-8 13:13
Hello,

I'm happy to hear that and you're welcome. Have a safe flight.

The weather was not good in last days so I could check my flight just today. Everything is fine and drone behave excellent. Also Could you tell me reason why I cant update my DJI GO application (Donwload progress stuck at 0% ),  since information about update pop ups on my screen application work really slow, with connection and vision delay. ~ Should I reinstall my DJI GO app?
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Surferek Posted at 2018-6-11 10:14
The weather was not good in last days so I could check my flight just today. Everything is fine and drone behave excellent. Also Could you tell me reason why I cant update my DJI GO application (Donwload progress stuck at 0% ),  since information about update pop ups on my screen application work really slow, with connection and vision delay. ~ Should I reinstall my DJI GO app?

Hi,

May I know what mobile device or tablet you are using? Aside from the update message on your screen can you see other error messages?
2018-6-12
Use props
Surferek
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-12 02:09
Hi,

May I know what mobile device or tablet you are using? Aside from the update message on your screen can you see other error messages?

Samsung Galaxy S5. Theres no any error just information about aviable update. When i press on that icon it application asks me to download update, after that i press downlad and it stucks at 0% and if I press anywhere on my screen this process is killed and it happens everytime I try. Below I put some photos how it looks like

2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Surferek Posted at 2018-6-12 03:40
Samsung Galaxy S5. Theres no any error just information about aviable update. When i press on that icon it application asks me to download update, after that i press downlad and it stucks at 0% and if I press anywhere on my screen this process is killed and it happens everytime I try. Below I put some photos how it looks like

[view_image]

Hello,

Please try to uninstall DJI Go 4 app and download the app directly in Google Play store. Make sure to copy your files before doing this process.
2018-6-12
Use props
findelcamino
New
United States

Try using an ipad instead of the iphone. That is what I did to solve my "update stuck at 0%" issue. Still having the compass calibration issue.
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules