First go at Editing.
653 8 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft

First attempt at editing and adding a bit of music.  Boring subject as I am still learning how to fly, look down at the screen and look back up to the bright sky and the tiny Mavic pro takes ages to find, getting old so eyesight not what it used to be.  Manually adjusted the exposure a couple of times as was very bright low sun.  Found a freindly Mavic air at the end, any extra advice gratefully accepted, got some ND filters now so hopefully will be easier to get the exposure and shutter speed dialed in.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/trq6ytj7qxpq4yr/First%20edit.mp4?dl=0

PS How does one get these embedded?

2018-6-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Congrats on your first video. My only advice is less transition or keep the same one through out. Nice work on your first go round
2018-6-8
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4

Transition was a bit much, playing around with tools that are available.  Apart from the air to air not much other content, just my Grandsons School.
2018-6-8
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Nice first one. One remark, the long pan at the end has some abrupt changes in brightness, was it due to adjusting ev value? / shutterspeed?
Btw if you post on youtube you can copy the link and use ‘Add link’ in the forum editor to embed the video.
Happy flying.
2018-6-8
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4

Yes I was manually adjusting as the dreaded black and white kept appearing on the screen.  should have waited for the auto but the change in light was so abrupt it couldn't keep up.  got a ND 16 on to try when I find a better subject.  With being a bit dubious about the capabilities I am not very confident with flying over the top of tall trees and losing sight of it.  Wife would murder me if I lost it, she couldn't believe how much it was in the first place.
2018-6-8
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Please stay low at all times with your Mavic Pro. Really low so you cannot crash it. We want to keep you in here - NOT being killed by your wife.

What you did here was pretty good for a first edit. Things will get a lot easier with the ND filter and manual settings. Guarantied.
2018-6-8
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4

Still poor subject matter but getting to grips with the mavic pro.  Only real trouble I have is yaw speed, when I look at the videos it sometimes seems to spin like a top.

2018-6-27
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Great video.
Thought you did extremely well with the editing. With practice and In time you will be doing great video.
2018-6-27
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Rockbyter Posted at 2018-6-27 13:42
Still poor subject matter but getting to grips with the mavic pro.  Only real trouble I have is yaw speed, when I look at the videos it sometimes seems to spin like a top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2D4JYhQPi8&t=21s

Superb video.
Didn't take you long to get the hang of making really nice videos.
Thanks for sharing and am looking forward to seeing more videos in the near future.
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules