Getting and using an FAA waver
742 3 2018-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neal McGuire
lvl.2

United States

We have been hired to shoot a property that is close to a small airport. The traffic out of this airport is extremly light and we will be flying drone under tree top level. I'm looking for tips on getter a FAA waver from the airport and how to enter that waver into DJI Go so that it allows me to fly.
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I will be posting a link to our DJI fly safe department who handles NFZ issues and flight concerns.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=nav

For the FAA information, all you need to do is to go to their website and check the rules and regulations and the weaver as well.
2018-6-8
Use props
Neal McGuire
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-8 11:15
Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I will be posting a link to our DJI fly safe department who handles NFZ issues and flight concerns.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=nav

Thank you for your help. I checked out the link and have the following concerns.

1) We were attempting to fly at 4551 Anthony Lane, Farmington Mo. Per FAA charts this is a class E airspace with a base of 700ft. So a waver should not be need in this area. The link shows it as an authorization area, that we should be able to override. We were not able to do that.

2) The link also shows a restricted area over the Farmington Correctional facility. The problem is that the restricted area on the map is not over the correctional facility. It is about a km north of the facility. You can see the facility on the map, and it is clear that it and the restricted area do not line up.

Thanks
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for that information. Here is want we need to do. Please send an email to this address flaysafe@dji.com. Please include this information together with the serial number of your drone. Once we receive the email one of our flysafe support will definitely answer those questions. Thank you.
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules