Mac Air tilt forward on take off and fails
20619 12 2018-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocWan
lvl.1
France

Hi everyone,

Just got my Mavic Air back from DJI Customer Service after the fans stopped working after only 5/6 flights following buying it.

They sent me back a different aircraft as S/N is not the same anymore and I just tried launching it to see if everything was good.

Problem is, when I try to take off using the automatic launch, the aircraft tilt upfront (only the back of the aircraft seems to take off while the front rotors are on but do not go up, causing the front propellers to touch the ground and therefore cancel the launch). I did everything I could to recalibrate compass, etc to try to solve that problem but nothing seems to work. Do anyone ever encounter the same issue?

I'm almost hoping I'm doing something wrong and it's a simple fix and not another Customer Service problem and I'd have to send it back again...

Hope to hear soon from you experts!

Best
Erwan
2018-6-9
Use props
DocWan
lvl.1
France

Mavic Air Tilt forward on take off and then fail to launch

Hi everyone,

Just got my Mavic Air back from DJI Customer Service after the fans stopped working after only 5/6 flights following buying it.

They sent me back a different aircraft as S/N is not the same anymore  and I just tried launching it to see if everything was good.

Problem is, when I try to take off using the automatic launch, the  aircraft tilt upfront (only the back of the aircraft seems to take off  while the front rotors are on but do not go up, causing the front  propellers to touch the ground and therefore cancel the launch). I did  everything I could to recalibrate compass, etc to try to solve that  problem but nothing seems to work. Do anyone ever encounter the same  issue?

I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong and it's a simple fix and  not another Customer Service problem and I'd have to send it back  again...

Hope to hear soon from you experts!

Best
Erwan
2018-6-9
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are your props installed properly? Note that two of the props have a white line on top of the hub.

2018-6-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Have you tried to recalibrate the controller. The forward gain may be set incorrectly. Maybe check in the app all the settings, also an IMU calibration. Good luck hopefully theres's a simple fix.
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Canada

Gone through all Calibrations?
2018-6-9
Use props
DocWan
lvl.1
France

That might just be the dumb mistake I was talking about !

I'm gonna check it as soon as I get back home. I'll let you know.

Thank you
2018-6-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

msinger Posted at 2018-6-9 08:03
Are your props installed properly? Note that two of the props have a white line on top of the hub.

Look correct to me.
2018-6-9
Use props
Breezer74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20072 ft

United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2018-6-9 08:14
Look correct to me.

Nope.  I'd say that's the problem, see below.  Opposite props should be the same, not adjacent.  Pretty sure the front props are on the wrong sides.

2018-6-9
Use props
DocWan
lvl.1
France

It was exactly the problem and I'm now relieve I'm just stupid and it's not a hardware problem.

Thank you everyone !
2018-6-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14237874 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DocWan Posted at 2018-6-9 08:50
It was exactly the problem and I'm now relieve I'm just stupid and it's not a hardware problem.

Thank you everyone !

Phew - glad that was the problem. The white/black marked blades rotate in opposing directions so be sure to mount them to the correct motors.
2018-6-9
Use props
DocWan
lvl.1
France

I have to admit that when the aircraft came back from DJO Customer service with the blades off, I didn't know they were 2 differents kinds as I didn't have to change them on my original MA.

Lesson learned !

Again, thank you all
2018-6-9
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft

Happy Fly..with care!
2018-6-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Glad to hear your issue has been figured out. Enjoy it and happy flying!
BTW, it seems that you start two threads with similar issues, I'll merge them here to avoid duplicated answers.
2018-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules