Laws around the states
1776 11 2015-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

This is just an fyi for the masses. Don't think just the FAA is the only agency regulating UAV or UAS.  Idiotic behavior will eventually keep us out of the air. Please don't be "that guy" on the nightly news. I've included a link that has some information on state laws but it is not in any way complete. Most of the laws are vague in my opinion and that opens up the doors for a broad blanket enforcement. For instance, one law says you can't obtain or posses images of people without their consent. But what about the laws already protecting traditional photography which basically allows you to film from public locations. So if you are filming a natural wonder and people are there you must bring waivers. Ridiculous!

http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-and-criminal-justice/2014-state-unmanned-aircraft-systems-uas-legislation.aspx

2015-5-14
Use props
1337brian
lvl.2

United States

Florida has a bill sitting on the governor's desk to be signed that states if you film ANYONE on their private property that they can sue you.
2015-5-14
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

I believe this is geared towards law enforcemnet
2015-5-14
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

1337brian Posted at 2015-5-15 08:34
Florida has a bill sitting on the governor's desk to be signed that states if you film ANYONE on the ...

Yet another reason to stay away from Florida!
2015-5-14
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

North Carolina
"The new law prohibits any entity from conducting UAS surveillance of a person or private property and also prohibits taking a photo of a person without their consent for the purpose of distributing it."

Which flies in the face of current law.  While most people focus on what the government will be able to do, warrantless uses, our ability to fly around public areas are being trampled on as well.  If I take my DSLR out downtown and take photographs up and down the street and/or across private property I have every right to do so and distribute them as I see fit.  This is why paparazzi are able to take pictures of celebrities eating dinner on private property.
2015-5-14
Use props
Droned
lvl.2
United States

We’ll that sound normal for Florida, they happen to have some of the dumbest laws in the country, including the “stand your Ground Law” Below are some other Florida laws, check them out. See link below.  PS. Am a part time resident, and I will be flying my PH3 far from anyones home or business, there are lots of places near me.

http://www.bitoffun.com/stupid_laws_florida.htm

2015-5-15
Use props
jake1164
lvl.2

United States

If you want to read a wonderful piece of legislature:

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2014/Bills/A2500/2147_I1.PDF

points of interest (I added the color and bold):
This bill sets forth certain requirements for the use of unmanned
12 aerial systems, also known as drones, in this State. Specifically, the
13 bill limits the use of drones to law enforcement agencies, forest fire
14 departments, the Armed Forces of the United States and certain
15 entertainment venues. The general public is prohibited from using
16 drones under the bill’s provisions.

Finally, any person who purchases, owns, or possesses a drone is
18 guilty of a disorderly persons offense under the bill. The penalty
19 for a disorderly persons offense is a fine of up to $1,000, up to 6
20 months imprisonment, or both. This penalty does not apply to any
21 law enforcement entity, member of the Armed Forces of the United
22 States or member of the National Guard while on duty, forest fire
23 department, or place of entertainment.

And just to make clear we are not talking just big military drones:
1. (New section) a. For the purposes of this act,
9 “Unmanned aerial system” means an aerial system that uses
10 aerodynamic forces to propel the vehicle and does not carry a human
11 operator, and which is capable of flying autonomously or being piloted
12 remotely.

Wonderful stuff?
2015-5-15
Use props
jake1164
lvl.2

United States

You also have to watch for local "SUPPLEMENTAL RULES AND REGULATIONS" regarding model aircraft.

http://co.monmouth.nj.us/documen ... rafts_n_rockets.pdf

Specifically:

Individuals may obtain an annual permit authorizing them to fly model aircraft and
launch model rockets, or an annual permit authorizing them to launch model rockets
only, by submitting the following:
a. Completed “Model Aircraft and Model Rocket Application Form for Individuals
Not Affiliated with Permitted Clubs.”
b. Certificate of Insurance (See #12b.).
c. Copy of AMA License for radio-controlled model aircraft, with flight status level.
d. Flying Status Form, if not AMA pilot-rated for radio-controlled model aircraft.
e. Payment of applicable permit fee.
16. Individuals shall have in their possession at the flying fields and the launch area the
following:
a. Annual Permit, with flying status indicated for radio-controlled model aircraft.
(See #19.)
b. AMA License, for radio controlled model aircraft.
3 of 7
17. Individual rated as AMA aircraft “New Flyer” or “Novice” shall be accompanied by an
instructor.

Lets follow the insurance reference to find what they are expecting:
Certificate of Insurance, listing “County of Monmouth” as additional named
insured. Insurance coverage shall be a minimum of $1,000,000 bodily injury and
property damage.

Talk about jumping through hoops!
2015-5-15
Use props
jgraham103
lvl.1

United States

Wow! NJ really hates these things. I love how the government has provisions for them to use them but not the public. Even though they are public elected officials.
2015-5-16
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

jake1164@hotmai Posted at 2015-5-15 20:12
You also have to watch for local "SUPPLEMENTAL RULES AND REGULATIONS" regarding model aircraft.

htt ...

It is a good thing that drones are not model aircraft. They are UAVs. That won't stop a cop though.
2015-5-16
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

So pretty much we won't be able to fly anything RC anywhere...
2015-5-16
Use props
jake1164
lvl.2

United States

Don't bother taking your drone to the Jersey Shore!
Quote:
Operating a recreational drone in this Long Beach Island resort town could get you a $2,000 fine or as much as 90 days in the Ocean County Jail.

Earlier this week, just in time for the Memorial Day weekend, the Board of Commissioners adopted an ordinance prohibiting the use of drones below an altitude of 400 feet. That includes the airspace above the township's 12 miles of non-contiguous beachfront. The municipal law went into effect on Thursday.

http://www.app.com/story/news/lo ... ns-drones/27817439/
2015-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules