[QUESTION] Mavic Air Quickshots and HDR
3948 14 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LooperX
lvl.1

Italy

Hi guys,

I think I'm missing something about this drone.

Today i took for the first time an HDR photo, but when I saw it for the memory, i can only see mutiple photoes of the same subject with different exposures.

The same thing happens with quickshots: if i start a new quickshot and try to watch it on my PC, i can only see the original video (without that part with a speed X2).

How to get them like you see everywhere?

I hope you can understand my question, and sprry for my really bad english!
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Looper, as for the HDR photo, may I know the current firmware are you running with? Please try to select the HDR mode and shoot again.
And for the Quickshot issue, please click the playback button and you can see the quickshot clip on the app. The video on the SD card will be the original version. Please try and see if it works.
2018-6-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like you were in AEB which is for manually stitching the stills to create an HDR image using third party software for editing. Select HDR and not AEB and you'll see the difference.
2018-6-15
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

When you select HDR and take 1 photo, you'll find 4 pictures: 1 is the final HDR and 3 pictures that the drone used to make that HDR. If you are shooting in RAW, you'll have 3 PNG files (the 3 pictures the drone uses for the final HDR) and one JPG picture (the final HDR picture).

Edit because of prepature post sending xD: I can't recall if this behaviour happens only when you select to keep the pictures used to make panoramas, HDR and quickshots or not. I always keep the original files because I can edit them WAY better by myself later.
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If it still has no HDR photo, please provide me with the screenshot of the firmware info (General settings, about), I will forward to the engineers to confirm.
2018-6-16
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-15 00:23
When you select HDR and take 1 photo, you'll find 4 pictures: 1 is the final HDR and 3 pictures that the drone used to make that HDR. If you are shooting in RAW, you'll have 3 PNG files (the 3 pictures the drone uses for the final HDR) and one JPG picture (the final HDR picture).

Edit because of prepature post sending xD: I can't recall if this behaviour happens only when you select to keep the pictures used to make panoramas, HDR and quickshots or not. I always keep the original files because I can edit them WAY better by myself later.

Does this mean that for HDR the Mavic Air can only take 3 photo`s? Or can it be set to 5?
2018-9-9
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-9-9 11:39
Does this mean that for HDR the Mavic Air can only take 3 photo`s? Or can it be set to 5?

It takes 3 pictures to create the HDR
2018-9-10
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-9-9 11:39
Does this mean that for HDR the Mavic Air can only take 3 photo`s? Or can it be set to 5?

HDR via the app takes 3 photos and merges them into 1 as said on the card you'll find 4 photos.  This is fixed at 3 exposures.

In Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) mode you can choose 3 or 5 exposures but you'll have to merge them yourself.

Personally I shoot AEB and merge myself as I find the mavic results undesirable compared to toning them myself.

2018-9-10
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-9-10 05:54
It takes 3 pictures to create the HDR

Thank you for your reply.  Appreciated.
2018-9-10
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

Ridg Posted at 2018-9-10 07:13
HDR via the app takes 3 photos and merges them into 1 as said on the card you'll find 4 photos.  This is fixed at 3 exposures.

In Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) mode you can choose 3 or 5 exposures but you'll have to merge them yourself.

Thank you for that information.
Which post-processing software do you use then?
2018-9-10
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
United Kingdom

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-9-10 07:28
Thank you for that information.
Which post-processing software do you use then?

Photoshop CC (using toning with adobe camera raw)

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photo ... p-merge-to-hdr.html

I used to use Photomatrix pro but photoshop has caught up and it's more convenient as part of my Lightroom workflow
2018-9-10
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

Ridg Posted at 2018-9-10 08:00

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/how-to/photoshop-merge-to-hdr.html

Oh ok.

Thanks for that.
2018-9-10
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

Ridg Posted at 2018-9-10 08:00

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/how-to/photoshop-merge-to-hdr.html

Hi Ridg, One questionÑ

Why toning? Shouldn´t that just break the regular HDR_ I use CC too for HDR pics, but I take the default RAW images and import them into the HDR script program photoshop has. If I apply an change with cameraRAW before that, it breaks the HDR.

So, what do you exactly do, if I can ask?
2018-9-12
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-9-12 00:47
Hi Ridg, One questionÑ

Why toning? Shouldn´t that just break the regular HDR_ I use CC too for HDR pics, but I take the default RAW images and import them into the HDR script program photoshop has. If I apply an change with cameraRAW before that, it breaks the HDR.

It's the option on the HDR Pro dialog (not changing the RAW pre-merge).

Essentially you're using ACR on a 32bit 'RAW' image that's been generated from the sources, if you choose 16 or 8 bit then you can use the built in presents or generic HDR settings (option un-ticked), local adaptation, exposure, gamma etc  Either method is perfectly fine however I prefer using ACR

2018-9-12
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

Ridg Posted at 2018-9-12 01:38
It's the option on the HDR Pro dialog (not changing the RAW pre-merge).

[view_image]

I'll give it a check. Thanks!
2018-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules