Mavic pro
1187 26 2018-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jbbruce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1263196 ft

Well I have had to contact dji yet again for the front led lights failing to stay on after the boot sequence completes.  Whats worse is that this is the New replacement drone that they sent me this past friday.  I fired it up and immediately got gimbal motor overload warnings.  After only 5 short flights due to the batteries being  partially drained from  not gettig used the front leds quit staying on after changing the battery and rebooting the drone to  fly it again.  

I have gone threw all my menus and all possible setting only to see that there are absolutely no settings of any kind to set any buttons to control the front leds to any buttons on the remote.  And again there are no manual settings in any of the menus to turn them on or off.   only the auto on/off when shooting videos.

so  now im sending  this drone back as well.

have any  of  you had either the gimbal motor overload warning or the front led issues like im having?
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused, however, if you encountered a message that says "Gimbal Motor Overload" normally it will occur after an incident and in any case that the aircraft did not experience any collision or hard landing, however, still the issue occurs and after exhausting possible troubleshooting, what we recommend is process a replacement or you can contact our support as well.
2018-6-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the red LEDS on the front legs?   that's in your settings..

1. in the app with camera view at the top on the upper right corner 3 dots.. tap that to open settings.

2. than on bar along the side will be stacked row of symbols.. click the top one (looks like aircraft).

3. scroll down till you see "advanced settings"

4. open advanced settings and scroll down a bit, you should see a option says "turn on head LEDs"
2018-6-11
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Pretty interesting video showing how the Mavic Pro responds to heavy turbulence - take a look when the guy is demonstrating with the Mavic Pro to the crowd (3:00 minutes into the video):

2018-6-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As HFTB said go to settings and set to on or switch of when taking photos, you should never test fly or fly your drone when batteries enter sleep mode, always charge these batteries fully, before using or someday you will find they will very fast jump from 55% to 10% .
2018-6-12
Use props
Jbbruce
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-11 15:59
Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused, however, if you encountered a message that says "Gimbal Motor Overload" normally it will occur after an incident and in any case that the aircraft did not experience any collision or hard landing, however, still the issue occurs and after exhausting possible troubleshooting, what we recommend is process a replacement or you can contact our support as well.

Yes i have contacted dji already and ive already received the return shipping info.

Tony,  i want to know why the front leg LED lights shut off after the boot sequence completes and also why i Do Not have any settings in any of my menus to turn them back on.  There are no manual control settings in any drop down menus at all.  How is this possible?  Ive redownloaded the dji app several times and even sent my drone in once already for these same issues.

According to the FAA these lights should technically be on at all times. Why dont i have these settings in any of the menus?

Everyone here keeps saying the same thing...."watch the videos".... and "go into the advanced setting, scroll down and turn the lights back on".

And i have said every time that those options to turn the light back on Do Not appear on or in any of the menu lists at all.

Yes im using an andriod device.  Lg g pad 8.0 f2.  

Tony do you actually work for DJI?
2018-6-12
Use props
Jbbruce
lvl.2
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-11 16:13
the red LEDS on the front legs?   that's in your settings..

1. in the app with camera view at the top on the upper right corner 3 dots.. tap that to open settings.

Thank you for the help but as i have stated. These menu controls your referring to do not appear in any of my menus or options or as a button that can be set or binded to control the lights.

I wish it was as simple as you and several others have tried to point out.
2018-6-12
Use props
Jbbruce
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-12 00:52
As HFTB said go to settings and set to on or switch of when taking photos, you should never test fly or fly your drone when batteries enter sleep mode, always charge these batteries fully, before using or someday you will find they will very fast jump from 55% to 10% .

Thanks for the advice on the batteries.  Thats definitely something i didnt think about. I was just over excited to get a drone back so i could get flying again.

As for the lights.... its just not that simple.  I dont have any of the options you all keep referencing.  They dont appear anyplace in any of the menus at all.  If they did then believe me we wouldnt be discussing it here.  

I do appreciate the feedback though.
2018-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jbbruce Posted at 2018-6-12 02:58
Thanks for the advice on the batteries.  Thats definitely something i didnt think about. I was just over excited to get a drone back so i could get flying again.

It can be tricky to find and when you reach the menu remember you may have to scroll down a bit.
So first click three white dots right hand upper corner, then use pictures below to help navigate.
You can see blue icon click on yours same way, scroll until you see advanced click you will then see new screen with option to turn on leds, please have your aircraft on when you apply.
2018-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-12 03:12
It can be tricky to find and when you reach the menu remember you may have to scroll down a bit.
So first click three white dots right hand upper corner, then use pictures below to help navigate.
You can see blue icon click on yours same way, scroll until you see advanced click you will then see new screen with option to turn on leds, please have your aircraft on when you do this.[view_image][view_image]

Sorry I’m making a bit of a pigs ear of this, see below apologies.
2018-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jbbruce Posted at 2018-6-12 02:58
Thanks for the advice on the batteries.  Thats definitely something i didnt think about. I was just over excited to get a drone back so i could get flying again.

Think I got it in order now.
2018-6-12
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Sorry to hear you're still having problems JB. I am running IOS and I have the option to turn off and on the front LED's on the menu that hallmark references. However my wording is different. My app says "Turn on Front LEDs" instead of "Turn on Head LEDs".  Right below that is and option labeled "Propeller Cage". Sounds like the Android flavor of the app is just screwed up. Any chance you have accesss to an IOS device?
2018-6-12
Use props
Jbbruce
lvl.2

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-6-12 05:50
Sorry to hear you're still having problems JB. I am running IOS and I have the option to turn off and on the front LED's on the menu that hallmark references. However my wording is different. My app says "Turn on Front LEDs" instead of "Turn on Head LEDs".  Right below that is and option labeled "Propeller Cage". Sounds like the Android flavor of the app is just screwed up. Any chance you have accesss to an IOS device?

Thanks bro.  Unfortunately i dont own any ios devices.   All i have ever owned is andriod.  

What bothers me is that everything worked perfect on my original mavic pro until i got to around flight 100 or so.   Then when i was in ohio for an overnight for my job i decided at the hotel to bust it out for some a few night flights.  When i set everything up and started up the drone the boot sequence went fine and then right after the boot sequence the front lights just turned off all by themselves.  I tried rebooting everything and got the same results. So i just packed everything up.  

I watched the youtube videos and went threw every step checking and rechecking everything and found that i dont have the options in any of my menus at all to manually turn the front leds back on.  Thats when i called dji for support.  I went threw ever possible fix and nothing worked and never got those menu options to show up.

Now skip forward to last friday when the new drone showed up... I got about five shorter flights in with pretty much everything working as it should (except for getting gimbal motor overload warnings right from the start and no the clamp wasnt installed lol) and then the front leds stopped working just like with my last drone.  Went threw all the setting just like all of you have suggested and i found again that i dont have any of the options in any of my settings just like before so i have no way to turn them on... or off if they were on
2018-6-12
Use props
Jbbruce
lvl.2

I see what your talking about and its just like in the videos but unfortunately i dont have any options like you clearly do to turn the lights on or off.

Ill post pictures when i get done with work today  to show you all.   Under the advanced setting list all i see is the propeller cage button.   No button at all for the front led lights.
2018-6-12
Use props
Jbbruce
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-12 03:27
Think I got it in order now.
[view_image]

I accidentally posted the pics of my menus in my other thread "sending my pro to dji"
2018-6-12
Use props
Jbbruce
lvl.2
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-6-12 05:50

I accidentally posted the menu pics in my other thread "sending my pro to dji"
2018-6-12
Use props
Jbbruce
lvl.2
United States

On top of taking pics of the menus....

Now DJITony stated that DJI removed these options from the menu's!  WHY?  How the hell do i get them to stay on now.
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI GO 4 app??
2018-6-12
Use props
Jbbruce
lvl.2

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-12 16:46
Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI GO 4 app??

Yes. At least a dozen times
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

If you have any media in the dji go 4 app be sure to back it up but honestly the best thing to do is to completely uninstall.  Then reboot phone then install again.  
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Jbbruce Posted at 2018-6-12 16:48
Yes. At least a dozen times

Oh very interesting.  Only other thing I can suggest is do you have another device to try this on?  Also another possibility is maybe something on the device got messed up.  Maybe do a complete back up, reinstall your phone and try again.  I know it is a lot but something to try at least.  Other than that I am not sure.  Maybe try an older version of DJI GO 4 that is also a possibility.  Just trying to list other things you can try here.  
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

One last thing maybe the resolution is preventing you from seeing it?  Is there a way to change the font and resolution possibly, maybe it is actually there you just cannot see it due to resolution.  
2018-6-12
Use props
Jbbruce
lvl.2

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-12 16:51
If you have any media in the dji go 4 app be sure to back it up but honestly the best thing to do is to completely uninstall.  Then reboot phone then install again.

Yeah i just uninstalled the app from both my phone and tablet and reinstalled them
2018-6-12
Use props
Jbbruce
lvl.2

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-12 16:57
One last thing maybe the resolution is preventing you from seeing it?  Is there a way to change the font and resolution possibly, maybe it is actually there you just cannot see it due to resolution.

No im sure its not the resolution. Ive posted pics of all my menus
2018-6-12
Use props
Jbbruce
lvl.2

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-12 16:53
Oh very interesting.  Only other thing I can suggest is do you have another device to try this on?  Also another possibility is maybe something on the device got messed up.  Maybe do a complete back up, reinstall your phone and try again.  I know it is a lot but something to try at least.  Other than that I am not sure.  Maybe try an older version of DJI GO 4 that is also a possibility.  Just trying to list other things you can try here.

I do greatly appreciate all you suggestions though. Im gonna look into it further
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

So are you saying it is same issue on both devices??  Thing is I have the option to Turn on Head LEDs in the DJI GO 4 app without even having the AC or RC connected at all.  So something either with your device/s or DJI GO 4 app and or both.  Nothing to do with the AC since the option is clearly there for me without even being connected to the RC or AC.  It is a static app setting.
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

If nothing else works try rolling back to a previous version and see if the option comes back.  https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules