Canada

New GO 4 Android update 4.2.20 !
2018-6-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Thank you, found it here as well earlier this morning.
2018-6-11
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Thanks a lot. Updating now.
2018-6-11
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Yes, it's just landed on one of my tablets.

I'm trying to fly a trip now to see if it works. The Danish Air Force has just finished using my airspace as their playground via NOTAM's.

Regards Leif.
2018-6-11
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated on my Mate 10 Pro......
Can anyone confirm its working on Android P Beta devices? I have Essential Phone would like to install Android P beta.
2018-6-11
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Not a big update reading the change log. Just spanish language and improved geo tags. So nothing to be hyped about.
2018-6-11
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nothing to hype....but now Nexus 6 FC which is a official support phone.
2018-6-11
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

saviour Posted at 2018-6-11 05:58
Not a big update reading the change log. Just spanish language and improved geo tags. So nothing to be hyped about.

At least they gave you that much info.  for IOS it simply said some bug fixes and improvements.  LOL.
2018-6-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I have flown with this on my samsung and no issues, flew this yesterday
2018-6-11
Use props
mariomph
New
Mexico

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2018-6-11 05:26
Updated on my Mate 10 Pro......
Can anyone confirm its working on Android P Beta devices? I have Essential Phone would like to install Android P beta.

Hello,

I´m using an Essential Phone but the app just keep crashing? Do you have the same situation or is just me?

Regards
2018-6-11
Use props
MrZ
New
Flight distance : 1506 ft
United States

mariomph Posted at 2018-6-11 10:43
Hello,

I´m using an Essential Phone but the app just keep crashing? Do you have the same situation or is just me?

Also with an Essential Phone running 8.1.0. App is now constantly crashing immediately upon opening. I've tried restarting phone, uninstalling app, etc. Nothing works....frustrating to say the least.
2018-6-11
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Error list for DJIGO V4.2.20 Android:

Offline map/sattelite map do not work when you get away from an internet connection or switsing the phone/tablet to flight mode !!!
When loading a offlinemap, the "Keyboard" does not work on Android V5.1 but is ok on Android V7.1.1.
It is not possible to delete an loaded offline map.

Otherwise, I have not immediately found more on a single flight in strong winds.

Regards Leif.

2018-6-11
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

For Essential Phone, I have to roll back to 4.2.16 and if you have DJI Go app, you need to uninstall and reboot then install again. It's will work after that.
2018-6-11
Use props
Freznel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47933 ft

I updated to 4.2.20 and now my video has completely fails every time I lift off.  I get the aircraft disconnected error even if on the ground I am connected.  This occurs if I am 5 feet or 20 feet away from the drone.

I still have RC control and GPS lock so it looks like it is a software / firmware update issue.

Several times I had full on disconnects when the drone is in the air.  At least the drone came down to 5 feet so that I could grab it and get control of it.  I did have an auto RTH issue due to the full lose of control.  It did not raising to the 60 m and almost crashed into a hill.  I was lucky and was able to reconnect to the drone just before it crashed and I was able to cancel RTH and get manual control of it.  Very scary.

I had an issue today when I updated the drone firmware and then un-installed / re-installed the android software.  Once I took off, the video started to look like it was a scramble TV show from the 80s as well as being very laggy.  After that occurred, I got an error with the Aircraft Disconnected.  I still had RC control and was able to safely land.

I called DJI and they opened a case since this was "the first time they had heard of the issue".  They wanted me to send the drone in which made no sense since it is obviously a software issue based on the above comments.

I am going to ground my drone until I see a software and firmware update.  I don't need to lose such an expensive item.

2018-6-12
Use props
djiuser_EoaBAxfRhKT6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1187812 ft

The same thing happened to me. I went back to 4.2.16 no more problems.
2018-6-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Freznel Posted at 2018-6-12 16:14
I updated to 4.2.20 and now my video has completely fails every time I lift off.  I get the aircraft disconnected error even if on the ground I am connected.  This occurs if I am 5 feet or 20 feet away from the drone.

I still have RC control and GPS lock so it looks like it is a software / firmware update issue.

You posted this on the Spark section, too.  
What aircraft are you flying?
What monitor/phone are you using?
What version of the operating system does it use?
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mariomph Posted at 2018-6-11 10:43
Hello,

I suggest trying to reinstall the app or set your drone to airplane mode before launching the DJI GO 4 app. If it doesn't work, this device might not be compatible with DJI GO 4, you might need to try another device. But good to know that you have found another workaround. devide support list.png
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MrZ Posted at 2018-6-11 11:13
Also with an Essential Phone running 8.1.0. App is now constantly crashing immediately upon opening. I've tried restarting phone, uninstalling app, etc. Nothing works....frustrating to say the least.

Sorry to know about this. Maybe you can also try to set the mobile device to Airplane mode. Or you might need to try another mobile device or suggestions from others.
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Freznel Posted at 2018-6-12 16:14
I updated to 4.2.20 and now my video has completely fails every time I lift off.  I get the aircraft disconnected error even if on the ground I am connected.  This occurs if I am 5 feet or 20 feet away from the drone.

Sorry to know about the difficulties. If it is convenient, I might suggest that you tried the following advice.
1. Change to an open area, make sure that there would not be much interference.
2. Ensure that the RC USB port or the cable is in good condition. You can try to use your own USB cable and plug it into the bottom USB port. Remove the left cable first.
3. Try to change the RC antennas during flight. Make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the tutorial below.
4. May I know which mobile device are you using? If you have another mobile device, I will also try one for troubleshooting. You can refer to the compatible list, too.
5. If the lagging issue also exists on the original videos of the SD card, I suggest that you try different SD card, or provide me with a sample for further checking. devide support list.png
2018-6-15
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-15 01:18
Sorry to know about this. Maybe you can also try to set the mobile device to Airplane mode. Or you might need to try another mobile device or suggestions from others.

With respect to you Thor, DJI seem to be at a loss to rectify the swarm of issues us Maviceers are experiencing. Try this, try that suggestions from a DJI agent actually destroys confidence and trust. The Company would be better advised to come clean to users and wind back the software/firmware to more reliable times.

Poor reliability, stab-in-the-dark tech support and universal public and government hate for the drone has killed the hobby for many users.

2018-6-15
Use props
Vliegende Hollander
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

It might be better to build an app for each drone from separately.

An app for the Mavic,
An app for the Spark etc
2018-6-15
Use props
AndrewUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1403068 ft
United Kingdom

After reading DJI GO Android Play Store reviews (filtered latest version only) I am seeing lots of frustrated negative comments about new issues and regressions since people have updated to the latest version.  This, along with lots of issues reported and a few experienced myself with MA firmware .400 is really denting my confidence in the quality of DJI product.  I feel very reluctant to update from GO V4.2.12, if I do and experience problems, how can I legitimately downgrade on my Android phone without hacking and rooting etc?  I really cannot be dealing with a bricked drone after trusting an update which turns out to be a major regression.

I will have a little rant...  In general, software quality from many companies is on a massive downward spiral.  There needs to be a proper route for reverting to previous versions for everything - firmware, apps and software.  My Windows 10 experience has been a disaster and I will be reverting devices back to Windows 7 at the next opportunity!  This and so many other bits of software I have seen completely trashed by the vendor cutting corners on spending the money required to deliver a quality and robust product.

DJI you are supposedly the "world leader" in drones.  I would like to suggest that management take a step back and have a careful look at what is going on, evident by users comments in your forums and Android Play Store reviews.  You seem to be accruing technical debt in your software leading to bugs and reliability issues.  If you do not address this, it will destroy your brand.  IMHO in upcoming releases you need to add no more features and instead have a strong focus on reducing technical debt and bugs to increase quality and reliability.
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

AndrewUK Posted at 2018-6-15 03:19
After reading DJI GO Android Play Store reviews (filtered latest version only) I am seeing lots of frustrated negative comments about new issues and regressions since people have updated to the latest version.  This, along with lots of issues reported and a few experienced myself with MA firmware .400 is really denting my confidence in the quality of DJI product.  I feel very reluctant to update from GO V4.2.12, if I do and experience problems, how can I legitimately downgrade on my Android phone without hacking and rooting etc?  I really cannot be dealing with a bricked drone after trusting an update which turns out to be a major regression.

I will have a little rant...  In general, software quality from many companies is on a massive downward spiral.  There needs to be a proper route for reverting to previous versions for everything - firmware, apps and software.  My Windows 10 experience has been a disaster and I will be reverting devices back to Windows 7 at the next opportunity!  This and so many other bits of software I have seen completely trashed by the vendor cutting corners on spending the money required to deliver a quality and robust product.

You do not need to hack anything. Downgrading the App in Android is very easy. Just uninstall what you believe is not working for you and re-install any of the older versions of the App that you are happy with.
If you don't have the relating APK files, you can easily find them on e.g. APK Mirror.
2018-6-15
Use props
AndrewUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 03:29
You do not need to hack anything. Downgrading the App in Android is very easy. Just uninstall what you believe is not working for you and re-install any of the older versions of the App that you are happy with.
If you don't have the relating APK files, you can easily find them on e.g. APK Mirror.

Is it a case of visiting APK Mirror on my phone, searching for GO, then tapping a link to an APK file and saying yes to confirm installation?

IMHO DJI should provide the .apk files on their site.  How do I know files from a 3rd party are not infected with a virus?  Yes it's like admitting "sorry we're a bit cr@p at times with our software but hey at least we're sorry for that and offer you a legitimate way to downgrade"
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

AndrewUK Posted at 2018-6-15 03:32
Is it a case of visiting APK Mirror on my phone, searching for GO, then tapping a link to an APK file and saying yes to confirm installation?

IMHO DJI should provide the .apk files on their site.  How do I know files from a 3rd party are not infected with a virus?  Yes it's like admitting "sorry we're a bit cr@p at times with our software but hey at least we're sorry for that and offer you a legitimate way to downgrade"

The latest App Version is available for download from the DJI website. And if you are not happy with solutions, you should not ask for them ;-)
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

AndrewUK Posted at 2018-6-15 03:32
Is it a case of visiting APK Mirror on my phone, searching for GO, then tapping a link to an APK file and saying yes to confirm installation?

IMHO DJI should provide the .apk files on their site.  How do I know files from a 3rd party are not infected with a virus?  Yes it's like admitting "sorry we're a bit cr@p at times with our software but hey at least we're sorry for that and offer you a legitimate way to downgrade"

Here another solution. You can install the App called APK extractor on your mobile to first make a backup of your current GO 4 version. Then you have your own copy for downgrading if you are not happy with the latest one.
2018-6-15
Use props
MPREUTER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4678 ft
Brazil

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 03:29
If you don't have the relating APK files, you can easily find them on e.g. APK Mirror.

Hi,
I tried installing with the older versions available in APK Mirror 4.1.15, 4.2.12 and 4.2.14 and I can not complete the installation. (switched on "install from unknown sources")
I can only complete the installation with the latest version available on the Play Store: 4.2.20
My device is Moto G5 with Android 7.0
Installation stops with the message below:

2018-6-15
Use props
AndrewUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Clearly Google Play Store needs to support "Install a previous version" because software vendors can't get their sh1t together.  If you want an example, look up the reviews of BMW Connected app in Google Play Store.  6 weeks ago they screwed up the release and caused the app to brick on many phones.  Still not fixed, 6 weeks of people ranting and 1 star reviews!

My confidence is almost zero and refuse to budge from the versions I am running with my MA until the reviews become less negative...
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

AndrewUK Posted at 2018-6-15 04:26
Clearly Google Play Store needs to support "Install a previous version" because software vendors can't get their sh1t together.  If you want an example, look up the reviews of BMW Connected app in Google Play Store.  6 weeks ago they screwed up the release and caused the app to brick on many phones.  Still not fixed, 6 weeks of people ranting and 1 star reviews!

My confidence is almost zero and refuse to budge from the versions I am running with my MA until the reviews become less negative...

Yes, do that if you feel more confident with hearsay than own experience. It's everyone's personal choice ;-)
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

MPREUTER Posted at 2018-6-15 04:10
Hi,
I tried installing with the older versions available in APK Mirror 4.1.15, 4.2.12 and 4.2.14 and I can not complete the installation. (switched on "install from unknown sources")
I can only complete the installation with the latest version available on the Play Store: 4.2.20

I have so far not experienced this problem, sorry that I can't help you with this. Have you fully uninstalled first before downgrading? That is the only question that would come to my mind.
2018-6-15
Use props
MPREUTER
lvl.3
Brazil

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 04:45
I have so far not experienced this problem, sorry that I can't help you with this. Have you fully uninstalled first before downgrading? That is the only question that would come to my mind.

Yes, I completely uninstalled and deleted the files and folders on my mobile DJI GO
2018-6-15
Use props
AndrewUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-15 04:43
Yes, do that if you feel more confident with hearsay than own experience. It's everyone's personal choice ;-)

If it isn't broken, don't fix it as they say
2018-6-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

MPREUTER Posted at 2018-6-15 05:01
Yes, I completely uninstalled and deleted the files and folders on my mobile DJI GO

Then I have unfortunately no other suggestion for you. But I got curious myself now for GO 4 version 4.2.20. I couldn't test it yet because I normally fly with my beloved CrystalSky for which it isn't available yet. Now I have installed it on my other tablet and shall do test flights later today and report back on my own experiences.
2018-6-15
Use props
MPREUTER
lvl.3
Brazil

I got it! I installed and used version 4.1.15

I had no problem with this version: No video interruption. No disconnection.  (without OTG!)
However, the connection to the aircraft takes longer.

Thank you!
_Screenshot_20180618-202043.png
2018-6-19
Use props
fansd0abc88d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1242274 ft

I've used two HTC 10 phones with Marshmallow, Nougat and now Oreo (which works best) with Mavic Pro for a year with over 400 flights and no insurmountable issues. However this update 4.2.20 ruined the experience and must be avoided. It pixelates the screen rendering it unusable and makes the controls and map view and commands sluggish. I was able to delete the app and download and re-install 4.2.14 which was the best update ever for my setup. Turning off auto-update for the first time.
2018-6-19
Use props
Freznel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47933 ft

Update:  I am still down and seriously angry.

1) Unistalled / re-installed firmware to drone via computer using the latest version while the SD card was out of the drone
2) Uninstalled and re-installed the App for my android
3) Long re-formated my micro SD before re-inserting it into the drone.

Result:

1 Flight of about 5 minutes looked really good until I was starting to land.  The drone went into no connection mode (yellow light).  I still had RC control though.  The video kicked out to the gray screen of disconnect.  I was able to land safely.

1 Flight had a good re-connect with video.  When I took off and turned, the video went to 1980's scrambled movie mode.

Conclusion:

I am still grounded.  There is no way I am risking my investment on this.  The Google App store is full of complaints.  It is most certainly the App and firmware update.
2018-7-4
Use props
djiuser_rCof2LzJ6Qxt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 196263 ft
Canada

I'm using 4.2.14 as well. It's working way better. I still have the.400 bugs on the MA. Though
2018-7-4
Use props
Victor 86
New

Alguém sabe informar se o Mavic Air funciona perfeitamente com o S8+(plus)? Na última versão .20 ou se funciona melhor em outra ?
Agradeço!!!
2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules