SORTED: Mavic Air Spotlight mode
3143 6 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
Switzerland

Has anyone used the Spotlight mode with a Mavic Air to record video of a static object rather than a moving one? It would appear to be really useful, but I can't make the MA fly at anymore than snails pace (keep forgetting to check what speed it's actually doing & I'm away from it at the moment) - can the speed be increased??
2018-6-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I haven't tested it myself yet but you raise an interesting topic. Thank you and I too look forward to the responses.
2018-6-11
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer

I’ve had a thought that maybe it’s because I have Obstacle Avoidance in Active Track set to on. Not had a chance to try it out with it switched off as it’s very windy in UK at moment, but will post back when I have
2018-6-12
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Switzerland

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-6-12 10:12
I’ve had a thought that maybe it’s because I have Obstacle Avoidance in Active Track set to on. Not had a chance to try it out with it switched off as it’s very windy in UK at moment, but will post back when I have

Well, that didn’t work! I’m at a loss now. Spotlight mode for a static subject is really good, but not if you’re restricted to 2kph!
2018-6-13
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-6-13 01:20
Well, that didn’t work! I’m at a loss now. Spotlight mode for a static subject is really good, but not if you’re restricted to 2kph!

I’ve sussed it! I’m using DJI GO4 ver 4.2.20 in iOS which includes the introduction (from 4.2.16) of Activetrack speed control. When you select Activetrack, but before you select Spotlight, a slider appears which allows you choose whether you want more speed, or bias it towards Obstacle Avoidance. Mine was set to the later! Adjusted it for more speed and it now works..... and it’s brilliant!
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-6-13 08:46
I’ve sussed it! I’m using DJI GO4 ver 4.2.20 in iOS which includes the introduction (from 4.2.16) of Activetrack speed control. When you select Activetrack, but before you select Spotlight, a slider appears which allows you choose whether you want more speed, or bias it towards Obstacle Avoidance. Mine was set to the later! Adjusted it for more speed and it now works..... and it’s brilliant!

Good to know that you had got it worked, thanks for your update.

2018-6-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is an excellent feature - when used correctly I find it better than using POI (which currently disables the function buttons on the RC after using it anyway due to a GO4 glitch).
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules