1017 16 2018-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mardenq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15932 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

im i doing something wrong trying to calibrate the remote,im getting to the screen that shows the two squares but the blue circle at the top does nothing,im moving the solid white circle round the side but the blue circle just stays in same place,ive watched a vid and looks like it should also move around the box.keep mooving white circle round and round the outside but nothing is changing

2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience. May I know how did you connect your mobile device to your remote controller, is that via Wi-Fi or via OTG cable? What is the model of your mobile device or tablet?
2018-6-12
Use props
mardenq
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi.ive tried with wifi and cable,i can move the solid white dot all around ,ive watched a video and it seems when you do one full trip around the blue circle starts to move but that's not happening,its a sony Xperia l1.this is fisrt drone ive had so wonder if im doing something wrong,i bought it yesterday from jessops ,its a refurbished combo
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mardenq Posted at 2018-6-12 02:09
hi.ive tried with wifi and cable,i can move the solid white dot all around ,ive watched a video and it seems when you do one full trip around the blue circle starts to move but that's not happening,its a sony Xperia l1.this is fisrt drone ive had so wonder if im doing something wrong,i bought it yesterday from jessops ,its a refurbished combo

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that. As of the moment, your phone is not yet compatible. Please try to use a different device so we can check what is the main issue. Please see the attachment below for the list of compatible devices of you Spark.
2018-6-12
Use props
mardenq
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

is that just for calibrating remote ? the app ect are working fine ,it let me calibrate the spark imu ect
2018-6-12
Use props
mardenq
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mardenq Posted at 2018-6-12 02:52
is that just for calibrating remote ? the app ect are working fine ,it let me calibrate the spark imu ect

android version on my sony is 7.0
2018-6-12
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

is this a technical difficulty getting the remote to connect to your device? or  Please provide detailed information so we can help you.
2018-6-12
Use props
mardenq
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

it connects fine but I cant calibrate the remote sticks,ive watched a video on how to do it ,I get the two boxes up and move the white spot around but nothing happens,in the video it goes blue round the outside
2018-6-12
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Try again!
It seems to be the case that on androids calibrating the sticks can be very challenging.
From "not following at all" to "following to the first corner and stop" to "done in 10 seconds", everything is possible.
Trying a different device can be a solution/help.
2018-6-12
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

I had the same problem on my Android device. I solved it by repeatedly moving my finger back and forth before and past the point where my box got stuck. Nudging it this way I was able to move the entire circle. Try.
2018-6-12
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-12 08:24
I had the same problem on my Android device. I solved it by repeatedly moving my finger back and forth before and past the point where my box got stuck. Nudging it this way I was able to move the entire circle. Try.

Yep, that is another option.
But I ask myself, which position is seen for calibration, and why so many times the very same wasn't?
How to expect a good calibration after that?
Sometimes the RC is seeing the stick position there as .....?
2018-6-12
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Mystery which only DJI can answer :-).
After my RC calibration I noticed no difference in the way I was flying before and after calibration.
Flying is good - no problems. Did calibration change anything? - If it did - I cannot see what.

My advice to mardenq  would be - just try it. If it works, try flying and see if you have any weird issues. If no weird issues - be happy (although with no clear understanding how the mysterious calibration works or does not work).
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mardenq Posted at 2018-6-12 02:52

Just to clarify, may I know if you manage to use both of your joysticks and check if the aircraft will respond to your command?
2018-6-12
Use props
mardenq
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-12 10:36
Just to clarify, may I know if you manage to use both of your joysticks and check if the aircraft will respond to your command?

yes,seems ok when using drone,might just leave it as is
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mardenq Posted at 2018-6-12 11:37
yes,seems ok when using drone,might just leave it as is

You might try to use a different mobile device and check if you could be able to calibrate the remote controller, for us to isolate the issue as well.
2018-6-12
Use props
mardenq
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-12 11:39
You might try to use a different mobile device and check if you could be able to calibrate the remote controller, for us to isolate the issue as well.

my daughter has the new iPhone so ill try on that
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mardenq Posted at 2018-6-12 11:45
my daughter has the new iPhone so ill try on that

Please keep us posted in any case you encounter any problem. Thank you.
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules