Classified Section Poll
2013 22 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just curious why this forum does not offer a classified section for sale / purchase of used DJI devices. If you participate please bump a reply to keep this visible for awhile. Maybe a Moderator will pick up on this and forward to the powers that be.
Single SelectVote, Total 50 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

56.00% (28)
14.00% (7)
30.00% (15)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-6-12
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

#3 ok if yes, ok if no ...
2018-6-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That would be a great idea. DJI could even charge a small commission like Ebay and selling would be easier. They could even break it down further by region so shipping only within your country would be possible too.
2018-6-12
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-12 03:44
That would be a great idea. DJI could even charge a small commission like Ebay and selling would be easier. They could even break it down further by region so shipping only within your country would be possible too.

Agree 100% would much rather purchase / sell to a somewhat seasoned owner participating here in this forum as compared to a new user.
2018-6-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-12 03:46
Agree 100% would much rather purchase / sell to a somewhat seasoned owner participating here in this forum as compared to a new user.

I sold my MPP to a noob - I met him in person and went through everything in how to set it up and fly it safely. Wouldn't have to do that selling to a seasoned enthusiast or pro pilot - though he did pay £1,100 for it and no return
2018-6-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I fully support this proposal!
2018-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m not sure how it will go down with dji, but it’s certainly a great idea for forum users, might be difficult to police those who will inevitably will try any scam they can, but I’m sure there could be a trusted vendor customer base put in place.
2018-6-12
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I voted #3 meaning I'm ok with either #1 or #2. But I really doubt #1 will ever get born.
2018-6-12
Use props
m4jp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1228780 ft
United States

I agree with the proposal
2018-6-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would not use a Classified section for either sale or purchase.
If I did have stuff to sell, I'd probably do it on MavicPilots.com

2018-6-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I am against it for one primary reason - if buyer got a problematic drone:
1) It could reflect badly on DJI, being drone was found here for purchase
2) Board would have buyer and seller arguing over problematic drone, and others joining in on one side or other.

On second thought, Go 4 it!   And pass the Popcorn!
2018-6-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Would be better to buy from guys on here then getting ripped of on ebay etc
2018-6-12
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I really like this idea.  
2018-6-12
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Yes, also good for used parts or accessories for DJI product.

I think one concern for DJI is they don’t want to take responsibility for the transaction problem and quality issues. Also don’t want to be commercial media for people doing drone business. But this also can be opportunities for DJI to expense drone business to other area.
2018-6-13
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes indeed. Come on, DJI!!
2018-6-15
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

GDL Posted at 2018-6-13 00:49
Yes, also good for used parts or accessories for DJI product.

I think one concern for DJI is they don’t want to take responsibility for the transaction problem and quality issues. Also don’t want to be commercial media for people doing drone business. But this also can be opportunities for DJI to expense drone business to other area.

I support it, and DJI could have a disclaimer of no responsibility for product condition...and not responsible for transactions.
2018-6-15
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, Yes, Yes...need one.
2018-6-15
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Totally agree. This way can also help user buy a used quad or accessories a little cheaper.
Btw, any pilots here living in Ho Chi Minh City?
2018-6-15
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

yes indeed, I mean how many of us bought accessories and found out after that we did not need them?  We then could put them for sale here.
2018-6-16
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-6-12 03:44
That would be a great idea. DJI could even charge a small commission like Ebay and selling would be easier. They could even break it down further by region so shipping only within your country would be possible too.

I think a sophisticated secondary market for used DJI drones could be quite large. Especially if you consider the inherent embedded value of a deeply discounted drone purchased still within the warranty period.

On the contrary a sophisticated secondary market of drones is disadvantageous to any Original Equipment Manufacturer. The reason is it undercuts the refurbished cost of the replica new drone sold by the OEM, which in turn offsets the warranty replacement cost.
2018-7-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-7-23 19:34
I think a sophisticated secondary market for used DJI drones could be quite large. Especially if you consider the inherent embedded value of a deeply discounted drone purchased still within the warranty period.

On the contrary a sophisticated secondary market of drones is disadvantageous to any Original Equipment Manufacturer. The reason is it undercuts the refurbished cost of the replica new drone sold by the OEM, which in turn offsets the warranty replacement cost.

That may just explain why such a site doesn't exist then lol
2018-7-24
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer

Well ain't gonna happen here, I have a nice MP kit with CS, over on MavicPilots & FB Marketplace.
2018-7-30
Use props
UAVNV
lvl.2

United States

Cuts into profits, standard business practice.

In comparison to say, fan forums that allow this.

best for you to send to DJI, send it in , damaged or say... 'with issues', and youll get a refurb back.
Just business, in any corporate model: 'certified refurbished'

that's why not.
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules