Flying over a cliff, what about height
1551 4 2018-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa9a1dba2
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi all,

I recently bought a Spark and I'm very happy about it. I have a question about a situation that don't occur very often, so here it is.

Assume you want to make a video of this cliff (this one is about 150meter - 200meter high)

The Spark cannot fly higher than 120 meter (although in Europe). What happens if I start flying from this point and steer the DJI over the water, back to the home point? It will obvious fly higher than 120 meter then.

And what happens if I let the Spark decent from heren to halfway this cliffs, can I fly it back to upon the cliffs (because they're higher than 120 meter)?

What will the height be on my screen? -50 meter f.e.?

Thank you!
2018-6-12
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The altitude displayed in DJI GO is always the altitude over top of the takeoff point. When you fly over a cliff, the altitude will not change (unless you also ascend/descend). If you ascend below the takeoff point, the altitude will display a negative value in DJI GO. That value will be positive again after ascending above the takeoff location.
2018-6-12
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Spark can fly higher than 120 meter but that`s not allowed in The Netherlands.
120 meters always measured from take-off ground level.

cheers
JJB
2018-6-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

That is a mental problem! ;-) Your App shows the difference to the starting altitude. If deeper then in - X(XX) meter
2018-6-13
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Bye the way, that is a nice picture of a nice location to fly a drone and take nice pictures, panos, videos.
Have fun and show us the results, please
2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules